100 pallets max! [GIANTS SUPPORT RESPONSE]

phoe

100 pallets max! [GIANTS SUPPORT RESPONSE]

Post by phoe »

As you all know patch 1.4.0.0 came with quite a surprise. After almost half a year of getting used to the flood of pallets in the new Forklift Simulator 22, the number of spawnable pallets has now been MASSIVELY cut. Since there is already an unofficial mod for the PC version that increases the number from the now 100 pallets back to unlimited, so we can assume that the new limit is 100 pallets.

For my server this change is a middle disaster, because our game state with ~1300 hours is completely focused on productions. That's why I wrote to Giants Support this morning and also promptly received a reply. First my email:
> Good day,

since after the latest update apparently the number of pallets per savegame was limited to 100(??), my server running since release resp. the game state running on it is so no longer useful for my fellow players and me.

Can you tell me if a hotfix for Microsoft consoles is already being worked on and when it will arrive approximately or if this was an intended change? There was no mention of this in the patch notes.

Sincerely,
phoe
And the official answer from GIANTS support
Good day,

thank you very much for the feedback.

Which number is now an Exact limit, I do not know.

That was made then however for reasons in such a way, so that the players do not have any longer so many loose objects on the Map lie, which would limit then the fluent play process strongly.

If this is such a strong argument from your point of view that it is no longer worth playing multiplayer on it, we are very sorry.

Such a restriction can then only be circumvented with a suitable PC.

Kind regards,
[censored]
GIANTS Software Support Team
Now you know. Please buy a PC or just stop playing. I personally have already made my decision. After already with 1.3.0.0 the slotcount on consoles was cut by nearly 1100 slots, without communicating this in any way, this is another slap in the face for console players without any announcement. Not even a word about it is mentioned in the patch notes.

I'm really more than disappointed.

/edit: It's even worse for console players then I first imagined. According to the following post, the new limit is set to 50(!!!) on all consoles:
EJBModding wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:52 am Its not a bug, its intended,
Limit went to 100 pallets. Yes i know its stupid.
If you find a way to go over it, the game will say to many pallets.
This would not happen if there was no code to make it say so.

Here is the code from the game: https://imgur.com/NHXYX5m
Last edited by phoe on Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FS 22 @ Nitrado - Xbox Series X
Rasping rabbit

Re: 100 pallets max! [GIANTS SUPPORT RESPONSE]

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Personally I wouldn’t leave anywhere near 100 pallets lying around on my map on my Xbox as it can cause fps issues, I generally use one of the pallet storage mods, or let the factory store the product until I am ready to collect the pallets. Saying that, they should have mentioned it in the notes.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

The slot count wasn't slashed. It was corrected to display the correct number. It displayed the wrong amount before. So it's the same amount since day one it just displays it correctly now
XBOX/ FS22
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:51 pm Personally I wouldn’t leave anywhere near 100 pallets lying around on my map on my Xbox as it can cause fps issues, I generally use one of the pallet storage mods, or let the factory store the product until I am ready to collect the pallets. Saying that, they should have mentioned it in the notes.
As Giants turned the game into one that can become pallet simulator they really should have included some storage options upon release. I have never understood why the same has never been done with bales to overcome the bale limit console players have by hiding them in storage so to speak.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

True, they probably should have done some of their own really.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

So that'd explain my issue. I've got 200 hours into a game. It's got 3 sheep pens, 1 chicken pen, 3 greenhouses, the Grain Mill, Oil Mill, Dairy and two bakeries all spitting out pallets. Some are set to distribute if there's no onward chain to hold them so I don't get mixed chocolate, butter and cheese pallets leaving me a pain to sort, but with limited storage the grain/sugar mills will fill up in a month and still park 20+ pallets on the map.

If Giants want objects off the map for performance reasons then I'd suggest they add some sort of warehouse function where they can be sent/stored that's off the map, rather than setting an arbitrary limit that breaks players saves...
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

What's a good pallet storage mod?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Fantastic thanks
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:51 pm Personally I wouldn’t leave anywhere near 100 pallets lying around on my map on my Xbox as ...
Well, on console you have a 50 pallet limit now. This may still be enough for singleplayer, but not for multiplayer at all.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

Just another reason NOT to buy the next game on CONSOLE, Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
crash

Post by crash »

There's this mod that lets you direwct sell pallets, or store or distribute them.. you just put it "over" the spawn point..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
SteelRodent

Post by SteelRodent »

there is a mod called Palletfix on another site (which I don't think we're allowed to link to) which removes the pallet limit.

Hardcoded limits are necessary on console because they have such limited resources, but on PC it should be adjustable by the player (or server admin). If you have all the factories running and have a bunch of pallets sitting around waiting for the best time to sell, you very quickly have 100 pallets or more on the map. But pallets that just sit around shouldn't create any significant load for the game, no matter if we're talking a few hundred or thousands, so something is clearly wrong with Giants' engine if it needs such a low limit. Most games have thousands or more objects sitting around before they have any noticeable impact
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

BC144601 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 pm Just another reason NOT to buy the next game on CONSOLE, Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
They cared enough to publish it for 8 year old consoles.

There's limits to what you can do with a 2013 CPU architecture and 5GB of RAM on older consoles.They can't magic more single core performance and extra RAM out of mid air.
BC144601

Post by BC144601 »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:37 pm
BC144601 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:24 pm Just another reason NOT to buy the next game on CONSOLE, Giants Software doesn't care about console players at all.
They cared enough to publish it for 8 year old consoles.

There's limits to what you can do with a 2013 CPU architecture and 5GB of RAM on older consoles.They can't magic more single core performance and extra RAM out of mid air.
My console is not eight years old, I can see a limit on XB1 and PS4 but on the newer consoles, maybe a limit but NOT 50 that's way to low.