Recommendation: For every mod on the modhub, have a link to a discussion thread

Frag

Recommendation: For every mod on the modhub, have a link to a discussion thread

Post by Frag »

I do have a recommendation and would like you guys to comment on it.

Many many times, I would like to contact the owner of a mod to report a bug, make a recommendation or simply congratulate them on their nice work. It always turn out into chase of youtube, discord or other forums to be able to reach them. Most of time, I am not able to.

Would it be nice, for every new mod showing up on the modub, to have a link pointing to that mod forum thread. It would be SO easy for the creator of the mod to find all the community comments/bugs/recommendation at the same place.
thomson125

Re: Recommendation: For every mod on the modhub, have a link to a discussion thread

Post by thomson125 »

I agree. They had that function on the old FS-UK forum, it was great.
Orange Tiger NL

Re: Recommendation: For every mod on the modhub, have a link to a discussion thread

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

I agree, i've been trying to reach out to MN99, MN97 and/or MartinN for a week now to tell then about some bugs i found on Adelshoven. Been trying on Social media, Discord servers etc etc, and still haven't been able to reach out to them.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

As long as it doesn't turn out to be "when are you releasing the update" "can you make this mod" "is it finished yet!!"-threads (as many of the old FS-UK threads turned out to be)I'm all for it.
Orange Tiger NL

Indeed, that's why a thread need to be made only when the mod is on modhub.
reveritus

Post by reveritus »

You are free to discuss and leave comments here https://forbidden-mods.de/
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There is also a modhub bug reports section here as well that some creators look at it’s under the technical support section
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:21 pm I agree, i've been trying to reach out to MN99, MN97 and/or MartinN for a week now to tell then about some bugs i found on Adelshoven. Been trying on Social media, Discord servers etc etc, and still haven't been able to reach out to them.
MN99 is a member on Modhoster. His userprofile has links to his webpage and YT-page.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

GIANTS actually create a thread a while ago where they asked for suggestions for improving the ModHub: viewtopic.php?f=1008&t=179248

Being able to get in contact with the creator of a mod was actually one of the frequent suggestions there.

Unfortunately GIANST never responded on that thread if they are considering implementing any of the suggestions that were made, therefore I doubt that they will look at this thread and act on it.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Orange Tiger NL

ED209v2 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:51 am
Orange Tiger NL wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:21 pm I agree, i've been trying to reach out to MN99, MN97 and/or MartinN for a week now to tell then about some bugs i found on Adelshoven. Been trying on Social media, Discord servers etc etc, and still haven't been able to reach out to them.
MN99 is a member on Modhoster. His userprofile has links to his webpage and YT-page.
Thank you for the tip! I was able to send MartinN99 a message!
Gugernoot215

Post by Gugernoot215 »

Yeah being able to report bugs to modders that don't have a socials page with the same name or at all would be very useful.(tdlr bump)
Running on 2 year old new old hardware that used to crash often.
Image server (upload your images here): https://image.giants-software.com/
crash

Post by crash »

☝️I would like the modders name, its highlighted in blue when you look at a mod, to be a link to all of that modders mods 🤷
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
EricChandler

Post by EricChandler »

I think it makes sense, I agree with you because I'm also playing the same game