Contracts disappearing?

Rasping rabbit

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Rasping rabbit »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:01 pm
raran wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:36 pm If it would be a mechanic to prevent flipping which i highly doubt, then you can just buy the field the day before. So it would be stupid and useless as well to prevent an "exploit" in this way.
They new about the exploit in 19, and left it as a bug in 22.

There's a simple solution. A field that is ready to harvest should be the regular price plus the price of the projected harvest income.
It’s not a bug. Exploit maybe, but the thing with exploits is that they only affect your game if you take advantage of the exploit. I personally don’t see the point of doing it as I play the game to farm the fields.

If you don’t choose to take advantage of the fact that it can be done, it doesn’t affect your game in any way. And the fact that other people do it in their game also doesn’t affect your game so what’s the problem?
MusuoJoe

Post by MusuoJoe »

Playing on Series X and the same thing happens and some drop points won't take crops.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I really hate the phrase "unplayable", but this gets close. I'm in mid-April, with stuff either planted, or growing, and not much else to do. I've run pretty much the whole month (6-day months, on PS5 for the record...) with no contracts. I have a good sized greenhouse operation (14 large ones and the distribution center, plus the oil mill and cereal plant...) but as much as I like blasting around in 82's new Superliner, delivering produce, cereal, and oil and then 360-ing through the rest of the day isn't why I'm playing this game. I think what makes this worse is there has been pretty much nothing from Giants about it. (OK, I work in IT, and vendors not wanting to admit there is a problem isn't a surprise. Oh, we couldn't duplicate that, but we did just push a patch. Wink, wink.) I'm not saying I've never flipped a field (Yes, once, but it was in 22 when the contract was to the Cereal Factory and it fills up and can't be completed. I failed it and flipped the field to cover the loss...), but, NO ONE is going to flip a field so they can fertilize it, or spray it, or cultivate it.

CONTRACTS ARE DISAPPEARING. PLEASE address this!
Old fat guy with a day job...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah also hate to use that term Unplayable, but in my Save Game, where I'm playing as a Contractor only, who doesn't own any land of their own, so can only do contracts each and every day, I think I've now reached the point where my save is over. I have just skipped and slept through four whole months (3 days per month) April, May, June and July and each day the only contracts on the contracts screen are the Supply and Transport Mod ones:

All the baling contracts have disappeared now even though there are 11 Grass fields on the Riverview Map all showing as ready to harvest on the map. I'm not getting any sowing contracts, fertlising contracts, cultivating contracts, ploughing contracts, herbicide spraying, weeding or harvesting. Nothing, Zilch, literally the only way I could do any work now on the map, is buy a field, do a task on it, and then sell the field when I'm finished and credit my money with some random figure I pull out of the air to compensate me for the work done.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

SO what's scary here is you're a Giants Partner, and you are just as much in the dark as the rest of us peasants...
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:41 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:01 pm
raran wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:36 pm If it would be a mechanic to prevent flipping which i highly doubt, then you can just buy the field the day before. So it would be stupid and useless as well to prevent an "exploit" in this way.
They new about the exploit in 19, and left it as a bug in 22.

There's a simple solution. A field that is ready to harvest should be the regular price plus the price of the projected harvest income.
It’s not a bug. Exploit maybe, but the thing with exploits is that they only affect your game if you take advantage of the exploit. I personally don’t see the point of doing it as I play the game to farm the fields.

If you don’t choose to take advantage of the fact that it can be done, it doesn’t affect your game in any way. And the fact that other people do it in their game also doesn’t affect your game so what’s the problem?
Do you think they intended to have a field cost the same whether it's plowed vs ready to harvest?
If it's not a bug then it's bad design. :blushnew:
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Farmers wouldn't sell a field full of crop, but the price of land is the same price. Your biting the soil and nutrients in the soil.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

wheelmansteve wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:11 pm SO what's scary here is you're a Giants Partner, and you are just as much in the dark as the rest of us peasants...
Giants don't tell me or any partners anything, they might share some news and info with their chosen Ambassadors and other select few, but many of us Partners are treated like mushrooms. I have messaged the Community Co-ordinators about this issue and not heard back from any of them. I was hoping as Giants Employees they might have been best positioned to talk to someone in the team about the matter and find out what's going on and come back to us. Sadly not the case. Though I'm sure we'll hear from them when there is some DLC Announcment or something that requires us to give them more of our money.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Thanks for the feedback!
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

We all know, after all those year, that Giants only appear on the forum to promote DLC or anything else that will bring money.

They very rarely talk on bug. That's a shame. Why having community manager / coordinator just to have them post some marketing elements...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

CoreyTr wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:13 pm If it's not a bug then it's bad design. :blushnew:
Bad design is the best description. Maybe the field should cost more with crop in it, maybe when you buy it it should reset to harvested state.

Like I said, it’s only an ‘exploit’ if you choose to use it as one. Similar to mods to give ridiculous amounts of money, or pallets selling 5000l of product for less than you would pay for 1000l pallets.

You clearly don’t seem like you would take advantage of it, and like I said, it doesn’t affect you if others do. The good thing about this game is everybody can play it in whatever way they want, without affecting others.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:22 pm Farmers wouldn't sell a field full of crop, but the price of land is the same price. Your biting the soil and nutrients in the soil.
You will literally argue about anything. I'm sure you'll turn that around, but it's true.
I suppose you think having a house on the land doesn't raise the price either?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

That's different. I'm telling you farmers wouldn't sell a field with their crops on it. That's why I agree it is a bad design but it isn't a bug. It is an exploit and let people play however they want. Don't use it if you don't like it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Redeye1960

Post by Redeye1960 »

Field flipping, use of the Field Lease mod, whatever;
You can place a Government Subsidy sign, use a buy anything sell point and buy all the stuff you need form your productions, whatever;
Wait until 00:00 hrs. and check your reaction skills in the contract menu, whatever
Maybe when you buy all the fields, you don’t have a problem, whatever;
BUT THAT IS NOT HOW I (WE ALL) WANT TO PLAY THE GAME: IT IS A FARMING SIMULATOR!
A reaction in podcast 19; It is a mod issue…….
GIANTS: Investigate the problem and solve the problem. Use a Hotfix.
Whats happening now, kills the game(play)

I am just a 62 year old guy who wants to enjoy the game.
FS 22 PC (with handcontroler PS4)

PC specs: Processor i5 9600K, RAM 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz, Video ASUS Strix Force RTX 2070 super OC, Monitor LG 27GL850
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:57 pm That's different. I'm telling you farmers wouldn't sell a field with their crops on it. That's why I agree it is a bad design but it isn't a bug. It is an exploit and let people play however they want. Don't use it if you don't like it.
Farmers will sell a field with a standing crop, or a drilled crop, or a bare field ... but there will be price adjustment!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads