Contracts disappearing?

Mwal

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by Mwal »

Fatlizard wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:19 pm Here I am... Tested some days ago and re-tested yesterday... New Hard Career on Map Elmcreek, 1 day/month, Real time and NO MODS... the game started in August (like it used to be) ... I was able to catch 2 Contracts (1 Fetilizing and 1 Seeding) ... the others one disappeared quickly and left me only Baling and Plowing contracts. :( ...
It's time to get rid of excuse "it's a mod fault"... don't you mind Giants ?
This is the link to there bug report if you’re willing to take the time to fill one out
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I was testing this earlier and I fast-forwarded two years on Elmcreek, checking intermittently and didn't notice anything odd. The number rose and fell as pretty much as expected depending on the season. It was just a quick check and I didn't actually do any contracts (which might be significant), but the contracts which were offered seemed consistent with what I'd seen before.

At a couple of stages only cultivating contracts then at another stage only grass mowing and baling but that's the only thing which stood out, and wouldn't be unreasonable playing with seasonal mode as there were only two fields in a harvestable state when the grass work contracts were available.

There weren't many offered on my Calmsden savegame, but then I've no idea how many fields are set up for contracts on Calmsden which I haven't bought yet.

Edit: for anyone wanting to counter-test this to find if any mods are conflicting, these are the ones in my mod folder at the time (and all were selected when I started the test):
FS22_herefordshire.zip
FS22_andersonGroupStackPro7200.zip
FS22_kvernelandIXtrackT4.zip
FS22_kvernelandIXterB18.zip
FS22_poettingerLion303Aerosem3002.zip
FS22_vaderstadTempoVTPV8.zip
FS22_ValtraTSeries.zip
FS22_arcusin_fsx6372.zip
FS22_ttMultiCultivator.zip
FS22_ttbigTT.zip
FS22_Lizard_Trex_600.zip
FS22_DeutzBalers.zip
FS22_NewHollandT7.zip
FS22_claasLiner500ProfiL.zip
FS22_MasseyFerguson_SmallClassics.zip
FS22_EasyDevControls.zip
FS22_Configure_Maintenance.zip
FS22_realDirtColor.zip
FS22_InfoDisplayExtension.zip
FS22_Calmsden.zip
FS22_MasseyFerguson_8700S.zip
FS22_DeutzFahr_M_Series.zip
FS22_FollowMe.zip
FS22_additionalFieldInfo.zip
FS22_ford10Series3.zip
FS22_andersonGroupTSR3450.zip
VehicleInspector.zip
FS22_NewHollandT5.zip
FS22_BaleCounter.zip
FS22_cropGrowthStageInfo.zip
FS22_adjustWorkingSpeed.zip
FS22_FuelLevelWarning.zip
FS22_park_vehicle.zip
FS22_andersonGroupA950.zip
FS22_kvernelandMonopil24Rows.zip
FS22_andersonGroupA700.zip
FS22_Placeable_Filling_Stations.zip
FS22_poettingerImpress125FCPro.zip
FS22_BuildingSnap.zip
FS22_KaneHalfpipe.zip
FS22_MasseyFerguson100.zip
FS22_claasLexion.zip
FS22_Balestorage_placeable.zip
FS22_lemkenSolitairDT.zip
FS22_newHolland8340.zip
FS22_rauchMDS191.zip
FS22_kvernelandExactaELpack.zip
FS22_Activia7347withCutter.zip
FS22_claasDominator108SL.zip
FS22_lindnerUnitrac122LDrive.zip
FS22_strautmannSEK802.zip
FS22_krampeSB3060.zip
FS22_fortunaFTM200.zip
FS22_kroneZX560GD.zip
FS22_kvernelandIPlough2500.zip
FS22_vaderstadSpiritR300S.zip
FS22_claasDiscoPack.zip
FS22_viconAndex1304Pro.zip
FS22_viconFastBale.zip
FS22_viconExtraPack.zip
FS22_kvernelandDGll12000.zip
FS22_grimmeVaritron470.zip
FS22_caseIHMagnum7240Pro.zip
FS22_fiat1300dt.zip
FS22_johnDeereS790.zip
FS22_claasJaguar980.zip
FS22_claasTucano580.zip
FS22_Leboulch_gold_k150.zip
FS22_IncreaseLightRange.zip
FS22_New_Holland_T4Series.zip
FS22_kvernelandTLXGeospreadPack.zip
FS22_Filllevelwarning.zip
FS22_claasTucanoPack.zip
FS22_marstonAce10_1993.zip
FS22_advancedGameplaySettings.zip
FS22_amazoneZATS.zip
FS22_ford40Sebra.zip
FS22_PaintShop.zip
FS22_silos_placeable.zip
FS22_CutterFix.zip
FS22_claasConvioFlexPack.zip
FS22_marshallQM14.zip
FS22_deutzStarliner4045H.zip
FS22_paintAndTerraformAnywhere.zip
FS19_cheatsPlayerWalkspeedReset.zip
FS22_SellPriceTrigger.zip
FS22_Valmet_6000.zip
FS22_claasVarioPack.zip
FS22_Vaderstad_Carrier_XL_825.zip
FS22_DeutzSeries7_8.zip
FS22_JD6155M_MY2020.zip
FS22_Massey_Ferguson_212.zip
FS22_kvernelandC85112.zip
FS22_kvernelandEDrill.zip
FS22_samsonAgroPGII25m.zip
FS22_fellaGrasslandEquipment.zip
FS22_samsonAgroPGII20.zip
FS22_DeutzSeries9.zip
FS22_additionalGameSettings.zip
FS22_SicmaRW520.zip
FS22_DamageBarSelection.zip
FS22_LoadHUD.zip
FS22_kroneTX560D.zip
FS22_kroegerTAW30.zip
FS22_claasCargos.zip
FS22_horschJoker12RT.zip
FS22_newHollandDiscbine313.zip
FS22_kvernelandEnduroPro5000F.zip
FS22_CaseIHPuma.zip
FS22_KuhnDeltis1302.zip
FS22_Espro3000.zip
FS22_viconPS.zip
FS22_aebiTT281.zip
FS22_rigitracSKH75.zip
FS22_rigitracSKH150.zip
FS22_poettingerNovaAlpin261.zip
FS22_kvernelandTurbo8000T.zip
FS22_poettingerTerradisc3001.zip
FS22_KuhnAxis402.zip
FS22_Chopped_Straw.zip
FS22_Faro5010D.zip
FS22_ClaasCargos_8400.zip
FS22_bredalF2WS4000.zip
FS22_amazoneD8_40.zip
FS22_Stihl_RE581.zip
FS22_newHollandTX32.zip
FS22_viconFanex604.zip
FS22_kuhnVariMaster153.zip
FS22_kvernelandTLXGeospread.zip
FS22_amazoneD9.zip
FS22_SulkyX50econov.zip
FS22_reischPack.zip
FS22_BetterTimeScale.zip
FS22_newHollandW190D.zip
lawm

Post by lawm »

Gav I noticed I have contracts, and harvest contracts show up but I must be quick if I want any. Did you notice them disappearing while in the contracts tab? I dont remember contracts vanishing at random pre patch. The only time this would make sense is if the contracts change when the fields change status . Like sometimes you roll into a new season and takes the map some time to adjust the trees crops etc. I get that, but that should be the only time. To me that's an issue if contracts just appear and disappear without fields changing.

Second option is we got a greedy sob ai farmer hoarding all the good work
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:17 pm Typical Giants trying to blame this on a Mod Conflict, when it has nothing to do with mods at all. Contracts worked perfectly fine in Version 1.4 and with all the mods we're using now. They have now messed with the AI Field Working, added a new Contract Type (Weeding) and ultimately have broken other contracts. I submitted the Bug Report for the contracts back on Wednesday along with another Bug Report I've been submitting for the game since the game came out that Giants have yet to fix in any update. So I'm not holding my breath we'll get a fix on this, unless a lot of players submit the same bug report about the contracts being messed up now in Version 1.5

It's like when people and Giants were trying to blame mod conflict on the Massive Negative Bank Balance Glitch with Precision Farming when completely Baling or Harvesting Contracts. Everyone was blaming it on mods, but what do you know in the last Precision Farming Update, Giants fixed the Bug. So it wasn't a mod conflict, but there own fault, lack of testing and lack of QA that caused it. Same now seems to be the case with this Patch 1.5 update. Something again that doesn't seem to have been tested by Giants before release. Does anyone at the company even play their own game? If they did they'd see the same problems and issues all of us are seeing when we play the game.
I’m not saying it isn’t a giants issue, it sounds like it might be from a few posts, but if you don’t test it without mods and then report it you can’t really say it is either. It’s pretty normal for updates on many games to mess up mods. As a matter a fact this game stands out in my opinion as a game that doesn’t break a lot of stuff when it’s updated. This version has definitely had a few exceptions to that rule but overall I play a lot of games that you need to read through pages of mods people have reported as busted to decide if you even want to update your game. This community tends to be a bit pampered so when something does go wrong everyone is upset and assumes the next person has reported it and this may very well be an example of everyone assuming someone else will do it, I’m not gonna lie, I do the same thing but the player base is pretty small on fs vs AAA games so it just might be that no one’s reporting this and giants isn’t looking elsewhere.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Mwal I tested the game extensively the last time Giants broke the Contracts when they Released the Precision Farming Mod, I did tests on Giants Map and Mod Maps, I did tests with and without mods, and I did tests with and without Precision Farming. It was pretty clear after spending several hours doing this the culprit that broke the Harvesting and Baling Contracts was Precision Farming, and despite people like yourself blaming it on mod conflicts and Giants themselves claiming there was no issue, low and behold when they released the update last week there was a fix in Precision Farming for the exact issue players had been reporting.

Contracts worked perfectly fine for me in Version 1.4.1.0 of the game. I could play on maps with or without mods and contracts would stay on the screen until I accepted to do them. No contracts ever disappeared and no AI fields ever advanced or changed status whilst there was a contract for that field available. Now since Patch 1.5, the AI seems to update it's fields every single day and the contracts generated at the start of the day disappear a few moments later when the AI advances it's field. Now Players don't get the option to do most of the contracts, with only some that seem to linger about almost as if the AI doesn't want to do those jobs either.

On the two save games that I have been playing since before the Patch 1.5 Update. I have 135 Hours on Calmdsen Farm and never had a problem with contracts, always several to choose from each day, including baling contracts. Now since Patch 1.5 has come out I only see Supply & Transport Contracts of which I get 12 per day. I get no contracts from the base game, no cultivating, no ploughing, no fertilising, no harvesting nothing and the AI owns most of the fields still on the map so there should be plenty. I've also been playing Riverview for 50.5 hours and again before Patch 1.5 there was always lots of contracts and a variety each and every day. Now since Patch 1.5 I only get Baling Contracts of which there are usually 6 to pick from, maybe 4 ploughing contracts, four cultivating contracts and 2 weeding contracts. I've played through four months on this save since Patch 1.5 released with seasonal growth off, so would expect to see more contracts turning up as sowing and harvesting are possible anytime. I expect to see fertilising and herbicide spraying contracts as well. Heck I'd even take a Potato or Sugar Beet seeding contract right about now if I could, just to be able to do something different from baling or ploughing.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
lawm

Post by lawm »

Off topic, but did we have supply transport contracts on console at all or only a PC thing? I've yet to see any of those if we did lol.

Mwals right about being pampered. I've yet to do anything more than complain about things and they magically get fixed. I'll keep up the good work lol
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

AI farmers are quicker to tend their own fields than before, particularly when harvesting. It seems players are going to have to think quickly if they want to utilize the "field flipping" exploit.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:02 am Mwal I tested the game extensively the last time Giants broke the Contracts when they Released the Precision Farming Mod, I did tests on Giants Map and Mod Maps, I did tests with and without mods, and I did tests with and without Precision Farming. It was pretty clear after spending several hours doing this the culprit that broke the Harvesting and Baling Contracts was Precision Farming, and despite people like yourself blaming it on mod conflicts and Giants themselves claiming there was no issue, low and behold when they released the update last week there was a fix in Precision Farming for the exact issue players had been reporting.

Contracts worked perfectly fine for me in Version 1.4.1.0 of the game. I could play on maps with or without mods and contracts would stay on the screen until I accepted to do them. No contracts ever disappeared and no AI fields ever advanced or changed status whilst there was a contract for that field available. Now since Patch 1.5, the AI seems to update it's fields every single day and the contracts generated at the start of the day disappear a few moments later when the AI advances it's field. Now Players don't get the option to do most of the contracts, with only some that seem to linger about almost as if the AI doesn't want to do those jobs either.

On the two save games that I have been playing since before the Patch 1.5 Update. I have 135 Hours on Calmdsen Farm and never had a problem with contracts, always several to choose from each day, including baling contracts. Now since Patch 1.5 has come out I only see Supply & Transport Contracts of which I get 12 per day. I get no contracts from the base game, no cultivating, no ploughing, no fertilising, no harvesting nothing and the AI owns most of the fields still on the map so there should be plenty. I've also been playing Riverview for 50.5 hours and again before Patch 1.5 there was always lots of contracts and a variety each and every day. Now since Patch 1.5 I only get Baling Contracts of which there are usually 6 to pick from, maybe 4 ploughing contracts, four cultivating contracts and 2 weeding contracts. I've played through four months on this save since Patch 1.5 released with seasonal growth off, so would expect to see more contracts turning up as sowing and harvesting are possible anytime. I expect to see fertilising and herbicide spraying contracts as well. Heck I'd even take a Potato or Sugar Beet seeding contract right about now if I could, just to be able to do something different from baling or ploughing.
I never said this or that wasn’t giants problem I literally just said it could be and unless people report it in a completely vanilla setting nothings going to change and no one from giants is going to look into it. They did say the money issue wasn’t their problem but when people refuse to take it any further than my coming here and saying my game is broke I can see why they think that. I’m not saying you personally but what sticks out with these issues is when giants says they didn’t break it that’s when a week later suddenly they figure it out and it needs to be fixed. Now is that just people getting mad and reporting after seeing giants make a comment like that and so they finally have something to work with or is it they’re hiding something or playing the blame game? I’m not saying it couldn’t be hiding it either, you don’t have to wear a tin hat to see that accidentally leaving the pallet limits most likely wasn’t an accident so to me the behavior is there but I can see a strategic reason to take that risk. I just don’t know why you would deny you have a problem when you have a problem, there’s no benefit only looking even worse once you actually fix it.
lawm

Post by lawm »

jeremyj621 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:00 am AI farmers are quicker to tend their own fields than before, particularly when harvesting. It seems players are going to have to think quickly if they want to utilize the "field flipping" exploit.
What was "field flipping? Exploit?
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

lawm wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:11 am
jeremyj621 wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:00 am AI farmers are quicker to tend their own fields than before, particularly when harvesting. It seems players are going to have to think quickly if they want to utilize the "field flipping" exploit.
Buy a field with crop ready to harvest, harvest the crop, sell the field back. No idea why people went to the trouble.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:15 am
lawm wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:11 am
Buy a field with crop ready to harvest, harvest the crop, sell the field back. No idea why people went to the trouble.
Yea,easier to just place a subsidy sign lol
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

lawm wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:02 am Off topic, but did we have supply transport contracts on console at all or only a PC thing? I've yet to see any of those if we did lol.

Mwals right about being pampered. I've yet to do anything more than complain about things and they magically get fixed. I'll keep up the good work lol
I definitely don’t mean it in a bad way and I’m guilty of it just as much as everyone else but it’s more like we’re in our own world, the game is very stable for the most part and like you say we complain and it gets fixed, unfortunately it seems like giants are paying less attention to places like this and doing what the big games do and want bug reports with automated responses that they get to when they get to. They’re expecting more leg work out of us with this version which I suppose we probably should have saw coming with the game getting bigger and bigger and it’s a tough adjustment for some of us diehards when just a few years ago you’d have gotten an official response on a thread like this or someone would at least acknowledged it existed haha.
lawm

Post by lawm »

[quote=Mwal post_id=1514017 time=1654392289
I definitely don’t mean it in a bad way and I’m guilty of it just as much as everyone else but it’s more like we’re in our own world, the game is very stable for the most part and like you say we complain and it gets fixed, unfortunately it seems like giants are paying less attention to places like this and doing what the big games do and want bug reports with automated responses that they get to when they get to. They’re expecting more leg work out of us with this version which I suppose we probably should have saw coming with the game getting bigger and bigger and it’s a tough adjustment for some of us diehards when just a few years ago you’d have gotten an official response on a thread like this or someone would at least acknowledged it existed haha.
[/quote]

I knew what you meant. I guess the direction you say we are headed is the same mentality as ringing out our own junk at walmart lol. Yay progress! Lol
Fatlizard

Post by Fatlizard »

"This is the link to there bug report if you’re willing to take the time to fill one out
viewtopic.php?f=964&t=168424" ... thanks Mwal ... I was just waiting for my work on shifts end for taking time to report the bug.
Now it's reported. Hope that Giants acts asap to fix the issue and next Updates will be more tested BEFORE the release.
Have a nice day You all. :)
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Since Giants started their Bug Reporting page, I honestly use that before I come to the forums and start participating in threads like this. Yes it's great to share our experiences with each other, but sadly doesn't get us closer to a fix unless it's posted and reported by each player on the Bug Tracker. Giants seems to pay less and less attention to it's own forums these days and hardly every responds to any threads on here. So I guess as players we all need to remember and make the effort to use the Bug Tracker first, before then coming onto the forums to discuss our issues together. Since Patch 1.5 release last week, I currently have had to submit 6 reports, some are repeats of issues that existed before Patch 1.5, some are issues that have been present since the game launched. The Contract issue is a new one however,
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*