Contracts disappearing?

cwattyeso

Re: Contracts disappearing?

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah the weeding contracts can be hit and miss, I think due to the changes Giants made to weeds in FS22 and the different weed Growth Stages, yes we get weeding contracts to remove weeds, and we get offered to borrow/lease a weeder, however some weeds and some fields can only be weeded with the Hoe if the weeds have gone past the first growth stage, so the contracts don't work properly, as the game doesn't seem to offer you the Hoe for the fields that actually require it.

I've spent well into double digit hours playing and testing the game since my last post, across different saves and different maps, some using seasons, some not, some using 1 day months and others using multiple day months and from my experience the Harvesting contracts seem to be sniped by the AI the second those fields become "Ready for Harvest". If you watch fields closely as you advance through the months, and the map does it's update of all fields, when the field switches from Growing to Ready to Harvest it generates contracts, but then it seems the game does another update shortly after and the Ready to Harvest Fields are moved to Harvested in an instant. This leaves the Harvesting Contracts without a target and why they then proceed to disappear from the screen. It used to be before the last Game Update that when fields entered the Ready to Harvest stage, the AI would wait until the start of the next month before it moved the fields to Harvested, giving players the option to do contracts should they wish. The field would literally sit and wait for however many days you were playing. Now it seems the game is updating the fields too soon and the AI fields are going from Growing to Ready to Harvest then to Harvested within about a minute.

I also now conclude that since adding the Weeding Contracts it seems that the Herbicide Spraying Contracts don't exist anymore, as I have not seen or been offered one since Patch 1.5 installed. I was playing on a save where these were very common and I alternated between Herbicide and Fertilising Contracts using my sprayer to make very good money very quickly. Since the game update I've not had a single Spraying Contract offered on this map where before there used to be a couple every single day.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
lawm

Post by lawm »

jeremyj621 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:18 am
lawm wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:50 pm
jeremyj621 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:54 pm I've noticed contracts disappearing, but new ones show up just as quickly. When I started a new game, there was only one contract available. I waited about two to three game hours, and four or five new ones appeared. This was on Elm Creek with mods and the AGI pack. As RedJester mentioned above, this may have something to do with setting fewer days per game month. I had it set to the default 1 day per month. I haven't yet tested longer months. Also, I have been seeing spraying and harvesting contracts, so I'm not sure why others here aren't getting any.
How many days per month do you go with? Just curious
The default 1 day per month.
Sorry, that was an epic derp moment for me. You already had how many days per month and I ....yea. I saw what I wanted when I read about having shorter months and the contract issues. My bad
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

In the patche note, there was something about "Fixed NPC taking care of their land" (not in those word)

So, I think that NPC are now doing their job better, so less contract, which is, in my opinion, a pretty good thing.

Can'T stand seeing all those weed in the NPC fields!

I would not say no to have few contracts here and there, but not as many as before. So it's better like it's now, but as everytime they make a fixe, they now need to tweak it...

Should come with FS24....
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Orange Tiger NL

Post by Orange Tiger NL »

Miketeg wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:16 pm Should come with FS24....
From what people told me FS22 supposed to be FS21,
Reason we went from 19 to 22 was because Giant wanted to see the specs for Series S and X and PlayStation 5 which clashed with when FS21 would have came out.
So if that is correct there is not gonna be an FS24 but an FS23.
FS15,FS17,FS19,FS21,FS23.

Just saying... :hi:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I don’t remember there ever being mention of FS21, by the time they announced the next edition they had already decided to wait the extra year for the new generation consoles as far as I remember. Although traditionally they had always had a 2 year cycle on games.

I think seeing an FS23 is very unlikely. Just because they took an extra year for this edition, that doesn’t mean they will suddenly half their ‘historic’ development time to produce the next game. We may even see them sticking to the 3 year release if it has been a success for them financially. Only they know I suppose.
Zaazik

Post by Zaazik »

How i see all available contract and accept its
Go sleep, after sleep instantly puse game for me its key "pause", after open contracts see what contracts we has today, select one, after prec "esc" and unpause game, after open contract and accept it by presing key "space" make it fast as you can. qoz in 1-2 sec he can disappear.

And w8 fix, whay thay not fix its instant i dnk
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Miketeg wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:16 pm In the patche note, there was something about "Fixed NPC taking care of their land" (not in those word)

So, I think that NPC are now doing their job better, so less contract, which is, in my opinion, a pretty good thing.
Seems to have gone too far the other way now!

I was seeing a loads of NPC fields on both Elm Creek and Haut-whatsit sitting in Ready to Harvest, then not getting harvested at all and withering. The game wasn't generating a contract so the players could harvest them, and the NPC let it rot.

Now the game generates the harvesting contract, and it's gone in a split second. I'm basically seeing just cultivating, and baling contracts now. The odd weeding one, but they're terrible value. I'm not spending 20 minutes on something it's paying €1200 for.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah this update, which has killed Harvesting Contracts and causing other contracts to disappear quickly absolutely destorys the game if you are in Farm Manager or Start From Scratch Modes or are trying to do a Contractor only style save game. All you get now are Cultivating, Ploughing and Sowing Contracts, which not only get really boring, but don't pay all that great for the amount of time they take. Especially Ploughing Contracts where then only ever seem to give you a 4m plough.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I'm on PS5, updated, PF and the AGI pack installed, Frankenmuth map, and contracts are funky, both in very short supply, and hard to get. I'm in mid-March on 6 day months right now, and there was one fert contract on March 1 I was able to get. I tried grabbing a planting contract and it was gone almost as I clicked it. There were two other planting jobs, and all disappeared nearly as quickly as they appeared.
Old fat guy with a day job...
raran

Post by raran »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 4:04 pm Yeah this update, which has killed Harvesting Contracts and causing other contracts to disappear quickly absolutely destorys the game if you are in Farm Manager or Start From Scratch Modes or are trying to do a Contractor only style save game. All you get now are Cultivating, Ploughing and Sowing Contracts, which not only get really boring, but don't pay all that great for the amount of time they take. Especially Ploughing Contracts where then only ever seem to give you a 4m plough.
I've gotten the bigger ingame ploughs on contracts before, i think that is down to fieldsize.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Could we be in need of a patch to patch the patch that patched the hot fix that fixed the patch that fixed the patch before or something like that :hmm:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Orange Tiger NL wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:22 pm
Miketeg wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:16 pm Should come with FS24....
From what people told me FS22 supposed to be FS21,
Reason we went from 19 to 22 was because Giant wanted to see the specs for Series S and X and PlayStation 5 which clashed with when FS21 would have came out.
So if that is correct there is not gonna be an FS24 but an FS23.
FS15,FS17,FS19,FS21,FS23.

Just saying... :hi:
Out of curiosity, I just asked the question on the live Giants podcast. Lisertans answer was that while they hadn’t decided what the next edition would be, they definitely wouldn’t be going back to a 2 year release schedule.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Was hoping there would be a workaround until a patch for this, but not sounding good. So much for my custom harvesting idea
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

From my observation, the NPCs do their field work whenever you sleep (or it's when the month changes; I'm not sure). They also do the work whenever you load the game. I use "Better Contracts," and if I refresh contracts as soon as the month changes, I initially see a bunch of sowing contracts, but those quickly disappear, and refreshing brings up fertilizing or weeding contracts. Those seem to stay, unless I exit and reload the game, in which case the NPCs do the work. It's their fake land. I guess they can fake farm it if they want to.

As a workaround, I use the Better Contracts mod. When the month changes, go to the contract screen as fast as possible, mash "Refresh contracts" and "Accept contract" at the same time. You'll get almost all of the contracts. After a few minutes, you can cancel them and the NPCs won't pick them up until you restart the game. That worked for sowing contracts, at least. I just started doing contracts in FS 22 on my new save game, so I haven't done anything with harvesting.

Another idea I want to try is to fast forward until close to midnight on the last day of the month, let time go at normal speed (5x or so) for a few minutes before it turns to the next month. If the NPC work is tied to sleeping, that might work.
There’s no place like utopia.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm on console and I'm sure the better contracts is PC thing so I'll have to try the midnight trick lol