Cutting new fields

Surreyfarmer22

Cutting new fields

Post by Surreyfarmer22 »

Hi All

Ive just picked up FM22 and enjoying it so far

But i seem to have poroblems when trying to cut in new fields , my problem is keeping the vehicle straight , know it will mostly be me and my driving skills but i was wondering if there was nay way to set up a marker that i can head toward or anything liek that

I play on PC if that helps

Many thanks

Surreyfarmer
blue_painted

Re: Cutting new fields

Post by blue_painted »

Have a look at this:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

It's really for working existing fields but I see no reason why it's shouldn't work for making new ones.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

The mini map at the bottom of the screen has a directional indicator: 0 degrees is north, 45 degrees is east, etc. When you position your tractor the direction you want to go, keep your eye on your directional indicator as you drive to go in a straight line.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:55 pm Have a look at this:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022

It's really for working existing fields but I see no reason why it's shouldn't work for making new ones.
I use this all the time for making new fields, excellent mod.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Cut your field then paint you crooked bits
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

It's easier to keep control (making small corrections while looking at the compass) while driving slower. Set your cruising speed to something like 3-4mph rather than the default (6 or 7 usually) and go from there. Yes it's slower, but you only need to do so for the outline of the field.

A bigger tractor than necessary can help too (less likely to be dragged off course by a plough). Try leasing one if you don't have one available.

As you're on PC this mod should make things easier by using any cultivator to create fields: Cultivator Field Creator

For any console types who want the same sort of idea there's this mod, which adds mod versions of cultivators with ploughing ability: Field Creator.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It seemed weird but what I like to do is drive in third person zoomed all the way out facing backwards. You’re able to look down the line you’re making and stay straight with that rather than trying to line up with something and stay straight.
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

Plow a line the direction you want just to the inside of where you want the edge to be, than if you don't have it straight like you like, set yourself straight and then let the AI make a pass on the outside, but overlapping where you plowed. You would still have to do the corners yourself, but any straight areas the AI can do. I do this lots and it works great.

Also, you can use the landscape tool as well and paint a straight line, but that only works if the texture you want is in the landscape tool.