"This will drive you crazy" Ad ?? What

SimpleFarmer

"This will drive you crazy" Ad ?? What

Post by SimpleFarmer »

What is going on with the "this will drive you crazy" ad? I took it to be a reference to the community reaction to ads in game. Is this a Giants taunt toward how furious I became hearing that ads and soon micro transactions would be brought to FS?? If you know how much ads drive players crazy, why continue to have them!? I wish my chainsaw worked on the signposts.
Rasping rabbit

Re: "This will drive you crazy" Ad ?? What

Post by Rasping rabbit »

‘This will drive you crazy’ is the tagline/teaser for one of the DLC’s for the game. Also, where has it been said that micro-transactions will be coming to the game?
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

Maybe he hear about micro transactions from some Youtuber :smileynew:
Kids nowdays are so naive, they believe whatever they tell them :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

GIANTS have said micro transactions will never come to the game.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The whole game is a big advisement. That's why brands want to be pit in the game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

I don't think they're clever enough to come up with a taunt like that.
Instead it's a silly tag line for DLC that you drive...lol.
The Ads are just their way of squeezing more money out of you, while using your bandwidth.
You can get around it by avoiding their base maps, and avoid any mod maps with billboards.

Has anyone counted the billboards in their base maps?

IF, there is a big difference from having a brand in the game, and continuing to use the internet bandwidth, that you pay for, for their gain.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

It’s still much better than pretty much anything EA is known for doing…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... I agree - those ads are part of a total worldwide conspiracy just to increase our data downloads ...

:confusednew:

Also, our connection is unlimited. Just a bit dodgy, being NBN HFC and all ... but I digress. Sorryz. :lol:
crash

Post by crash »

The other poster, with the picture with a bridge on it. Is it from an existing map?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:25 pm It’s still much better than pretty much anything EA is known for doing…
I'm done with EA for the most part. They lock features and or game modes if your not connected to the servers. That's bunk that I need to be logged in for single player game modes
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

lawm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:34 am
I'm done with EA for the most part. They lock features and or game modes if your not connected to the servers. That's bunk that I need to be logged in for single player game modes
Then try losing your email do to inactivity, i can no longer even play EA games because they just stop me and say I need to change my password but can’t because my email was wiped because I never used it. Not to mention their customer services solution to my problem was we can’t fix it but take this free reset thing for Fifa, which is super nice of them to give me a free thingy for a game mode I can’t play because I’m locked out of their servers on a game I don’t own even if I could log in. I even asked the guy is this like an insult or something or did you just not listen to anything I said for ten minutes, hahaha
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

I am NOT a shareholder of Giants but I will try to be fair.

Farming Simulator is the ONLY game which gives 100% mod support. Find me another game out there which gives support. They don't, you just see a warning that they don't support any moddifications !!.
The ego of some people is annoying :
"I pay for the game, is my game, I don't want this, I don't want that"... , guess what, they need to grow up.
Why they bothered if there are ads in the game? I won't mind if I will see Pepsi, Coca Cola, 7UP ads in the game. I won't mind if while I'll driving with my tractor around I will see "Have a break.. have a KitKat".
We live in a free economy planet and every company tries to gain as much profits they can. They have to grow up. Personaly, I won't bother if tomorrow morning Giants will announce that they make one billion Euros profit. I'll say "well done".
They give attention to the details and they missing the big picture; is the game playable? yes it is. Have Giants delivered what they promised? Yes they did. Are there any minor errors/bugs/mistakes? Yes there are.
No one will give them the perfect game. In this life nothing is perfect because nothing is static, there is always place for improvements.
Why they bothered if there are ads in the game or not? They feel annoyed because Giants will want to make profits? Is not Giants problem, is theirs.
They have to realize that the world is not moving around them, they have to get down from their pink clouds and grow up. They have to stop acting like spoiled personalies, they should focus on the important things and they should stop feeling jealous about profits.
Any company should make profits, why they care? Is not their business. If my company will make one million Euros profits per year or one million Euros per day is not someone else business.
Still, some people let their ego guides them. If they have failed with their lives is their problem. Giants and any Giants on this planet, should make profits, even if that means they will have to agree with a big company to place ads in Farming Simulator.
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 am I am NOT a shareholder of Giants but I will try to be fair.

Farming Simulator is the ONLY game which gives 100% mod support. Find me another game out there which gives support. They don't, you just see a warning that they don't support any moddifications !!.
The ego of some people is annoying :
"I pay for the game, is my game, I don't want this, I don't want that"... , guess what, they need to grow up.
Why they bothered if there are ads in the game? I won't mind if I will see Pepsi, Coca Cola, 7UP ads in the game. I won't mind if while I'll driving with my tractor around I will see "Have a break.. have a KitKat".
We live in a free economy planet and every company tries to gain as much profits they can. They have to grow up. Personaly, I won't bother if tomorrow morning Giants will announce that they make one billion Euros profit. I'll say "well done".
They give attention to the details and they missing the big picture; is the game playable? yes it is. Have Giants delivered what they promised? Yes they did. Are there any minor errors/bugs/mistakes? Yes there are.
No one will give them the perfect game. In this life nothing is perfect because nothing is static, there is always place for improvements.
Why they bothered if there are ads in the game or not? They feel annoyed because Giants will want to make profits? Is not Giants problem, is theirs.
They have to realize that the world is not moving around them, they have to get down from their pink clouds and grow up. They have to stop acting like spoiled personalies, they should focus on the important things and they should stop feeling jealous about profits.
Any company should make profits, why they care? Is not their business. If my company will make one million Euros profits per year or one million Euros per day is not someone else business.
Still, some people let their ego guides them. If they have failed with their lives is their problem. Giants and any Giants on this planet, should make profits, even if that means they will have to agree with a big company to place ads in Farming Simulator.
You're entitled to your opinion.
I don't remember Giants stating the game will have ads. I'm not aware of any way to turn them off through the settings.

The OP was just asking a question of Giants intentions, and you don't like what he was suggesting. He has a valid point. Is Giants testing the water with Ads, with the intention of adding micro-transactions if all goes well? Nobody knows.
Your entire rant is due to your hurt feelings.

"We live in a free economy planet and every company tries to gain as much profits they can"
EA is just a company trying to gain as much profit as possible.
Why aren't you ranting about the people who complain about EA in this very thread?
Dreiviertel

Post by Dreiviertel »

EUROFARMER22 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 am I am NOT a shareholder of Giants but I will try to be fair.

Farming Simulator is the ONLY game which gives 100% mod support.
Skyrim, Fallout 4 just to name another two.
Wenn er mal groß ist, will ich so sein wie ich.
[Ralph Wiggum]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS5 Farmer
lawm

Post by lawm »

Mwal wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:15 am
lawm wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:34 am
Then try losing your email do to inactivity, i can no longer even play EA games because they just stop me and say I need to change my password but can’t because my email was wiped because I never used it. Not to mention their customer services solution to my problem was we can’t fix it but take this free reset thing for Fifa, which is super nice of them to give me a free thingy for a game mode I can’t play because I’m locked out of their servers on a game I don’t own even if I could log in. I even asked the guy is this like an insult or something or did you just not listen to anything I said for ten minutes, hahaha
I was so mad when I realized my son paid for a new copy of madden with his xmas money and couldn't play franchise without being logged in. I dont create profiles for my young children EA. So now he plays under my account when he plays madden. I was excited to hear about a new college football game but at this point no thanks, I'll keep playing my copy of 2014 on the ps4 for my college fix lol