FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

4f6f3b

Re: FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

Post by 4f6f3b »

This is purely anecdotal, running on a rented server, 3 players playing on PC through Xbox Gamepass and 1 player on Xbox Series X through Gamepass. Very recently only my Xbox player was getting the 10% loading issue and restarts weren't fixing it.

What I did was download the save game and manually deleting the player's entry from both players.xml and farms.xml. Reuploaded the save and the player was able to join again.

Can't say if it was because of editing the xmls or rezipping/uploading the save game but this is what worked for me.
Face
GIANTS Software | Lead Gameplay Programmer

Post by Face »

4f6f3b wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:53 am This is purely anecdotal, running on a rented server, 3 players playing on PC through Xbox Gamepass and 1 player on Xbox Series X through Gamepass. Very recently only my Xbox player was getting the 10% loading issue and restarts weren't fixing it.

What I did was download the save game and manually deleting the player's entry from both players.xml and farms.xml. Reuploaded the save and the player was able to join again.

Can't say if it was because of editing the xmls or rezipping/uploading the save game but this is what worked for me.
hi,

is the xbox connected via wifi or cable?

Editing the xmls should not be the issue. It's a timing issue for 100%.
jlee_58540

Post by jlee_58540 »

Fighting this same issue and I am getting beyond frustrated. I have my own dedicated server in my home. I'm in the US and I have a brother in another state from me who commonly plays on the same server with me. For some reason, about every day we play now we both run into this same issue of getting stuck at the loading screen indefinitely at 10%. Even when I'm connecting from a pc on the same network as my server, I can't connect even though my brother is actively playing on the server. The only way to be able to connect again is to stop the server from the web home page, and then start the server again. I never have to actually close out the server window or reboot the server pc. This web interface restart always fixes the issue for some period of time before we once again run into it the next day. We've been playing since FS22 came out and this only started to really become an ongoing issue for us since the update that occured a little before Thanksgiving in 2022. Since then, we keep having issues.
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

Problem still exists. If I knew this doesn't work I'd not have bought the game. It's been over a year since launch and still not working is kinda embarassing. No more Giants software for me!
85andy

Post by 85andy »

@FACE
Any luck fixing an issue that has been going on for nearly a year now?

FS23 will have come out before GIANT can fix the old one.
Last edited by 85andy on Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.