FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

The Kron

FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

Post by The Kron »

Hi,

So me and my friend have been trying to play FS22 online together but keeps getting stuck at 10%.
So I went and paid for a dedicated server since it fits our needs and I thought it might have been an issue with Steam/Xbox.
Even now he still can't connect with it still getting stuck at 10%

Does anyone know what's wrong?
Dezza69

Re: FS22 gets stuck on 10% loading when trying to join a multiplayer game

Post by Dezza69 »

Hi,

Dunno without seeing logs, however you mentioned Steam/Xbox, so I’d sugggst checking you only have official “crossplay” supported mods from the ModHub installed on the server.

Other than that I’m all outta ideas.

Hope you can get it sorted.
The Kron

Post by The Kron »

Dezza69 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:42 pm Hi,

Dunno without seeing logs, however you mentioned Steam/Xbox, so I’d sugggst checking you only have official “crossplay” supported mods from the ModHub installed on the server.

Other than that I’m all outta ideas.

Hope you can get it sorted.
Crossplay is enabled, it's both on pc so Im not sure what's the problem. I'll get the logs out asap. it doesn't give us an error though so not sure if that will come up in the logs?
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

I don’t use crossplay - however, from what I can gather from the posts over the forum you may need to check you only have “crossplay compatible mods” enabled and not just “crossplay” enabled on the server.

It may only take one “non-crossplay” mod to cause an issue with a console.

Edit - I just re-read your post, in your first one you said Xbox??

If you’re only using PC(‘s), my thoughts then are to NOT enable crossplay.

Also do you have “uPNP” on or off?

… clutching at little bits of straw here … trying to grab the bale … :lol:
The Kron

Post by The Kron »

Dezza69 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:20 pm I don’t use crossplay - however, from what I can gather from the posts over the forum you may need to check you only have “crossplay compatible mods” enabled and not just “crossplay” enabled on the server.

It may only take one “non-crossplay” mod to cause an issue with a console.

Edit - I just re-read your post, in your first one you said Xbox??

If you’re only using PC(‘s), my thoughts then are to NOT enable crossplay.

Also do you have “uPNP” on or off?

… clutching at little bits of straw here … trying to grab the bale … :lol:
Sorry Dezza I should mention, it's the xbox pass which you can use on pc (FS22 is available on the pass so you pay a sub and you can download and play it on pc as a pc game). Also I'm renting a dedicated server so I would assume all the right settings are enabled!
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

The Kron wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:10 pm
Also I'm renting a dedicated server so I would assume all the right settings are enabled!
Sorryz I haven’t provided much help!!!

Connection issues are sometimes a bit challenging, so I’ll just be offering random stuff that may help. Or not. 🤣

Check the “uPnP” setting is off on the dedicated server through the web interface. for eg my router tends to drop any of those packets.

Also are any of the home network setups providing a “double NAT” situation, where a system may sit behind two (incorrectly configured) routers? A friend made that setup using a router as a switch behind his router and our Xbox live gaming sessions didn’t always work.

… I’m really clutching at tiny bits of straw here, but I’m also always willing to offer useless suggestions … :lol:
LxFRESHxLAZERxl

Post by LxFRESHxLAZERxl »

Solved? My friend same problem.
UberDeathBunny

Post by UberDeathBunny »

Had the problem and here is how I "fixed it" on my private server. Once everything is installed and you have tried to run the server and the users get hung up at 10% load the game up on the server itself. Start a multiplayer session. Use the save that the dedicated server made (it will be in the list). Now when setting up the session it will have the box (at least it did for me) Auto accept unchecked. Check that box and start the session. Once in save and quit the game. Now start up you dedicated server and now your players should not hang at 10% anymore. This worked for me but if they still do check your ports and your firewall. Happy Farming! :coolnew: :hi:
UberDeathBunny

Even better fix!

Post by UberDeathBunny »

After a little browsing of the game files I found this fix. (Server name and Password blanked out by me)

On line 26 of Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\gameSettings.xml

Found:
<createGame password="********" name="********" port="8080" useUpnp="false" autoAccept="false" allowOnlyFriends="false" allowCrossPlay="true" capacity="16" bandwidth="5"/>

Fixed:
<createGame password="********" name="********" port="8080" useUpnp="false" autoAccept="true" allowOnlyFriends="false" allowCrossPlay="true" capacity="16" bandwidth="5"/>

So after changing the autoAccept value to true once again player could join the server without hanging at 10%. Happy Farming! :biggrin2: :hi:
Dan09

Post by Dan09 »

Hi how did you do this please I'm having the same issue :neutralnew:
UberDeathBunny wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:58 pm After a little browsing of the game files I found this fix. (Server name and Password blanked out by me)

On line 26 of Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022\gameSettings.xml

Found:
<createGame password="********" name="********" port="8080" useUpnp="false" autoAccept="false" allowOnlyFriends="false" allowCrossPlay="true" capacity="16" bandwidth="5"/>

Fixed:
<createGame password="********" name="********" port="8080" useUpnp="false" autoAccept="true" allowOnlyFriends="false" allowCrossPlay="true" capacity="16" bandwidth="5"/>

So after changing the autoAccept value to true once again player could join the server without hanging at 10%. Happy Farming! :biggrin2: :hi:
zxgaffattack

Post by zxgaffattack »

Have tried every suggestion I can find online, still haven't figured this one out. Anyone?
zxgaffattack

Post by zxgaffattack »

So I figured it out. Deleted the shader file and it fixed it completely, haven't had the issue once since I did it.
Kickerboi

Post by Kickerboi »

But you cant delete shader file on xbox?
coatsy35

Post by coatsy35 »

Hi,

I'm having this issue with my son. I'm on steam PC Platinum version, If I create a multiplayer game with all mods off as my son is on Xbox One X and only once have we managed to connect to the same game. Since then all games when he tries to connect to me the Xbox hangs at 10%. We have auto accept on. The time we did play together was glitch free, but haven't been able to connect since.

Bit ridiculous really, who's issue is this? Microsoft or Giants? with the amount of this error on Google and these forums should there not be a statement by now? after all to play on Xbox we had to sign up to Live just to play, so it's not like it's cheap to do this with my son. Our internet connection is 500Mb up / 500Mb down full fibre to the house, he is connected direct to the router and I am also connected directly to it (Linksys Velop)

Any help appreciated.
FavouriteBroom

Post by FavouriteBroom »

It was working for me yesterday and stopped working again today. So it seems the servers reset and sometimes decide to let me join and other times no. Starting to seem like Giant doesn't care about helping and just wants there money.