Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Noraf

Re: Platinum Edition & Platinum Expansion Coming This November

Post by Noraf »

Lots of farmers arround here works the forest too, so I'd say most things?

Farming isn't just animals and field work
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

yorkie wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:37 pm is there anything to do with the name of the game in this expansion as in farming ?
Yes it has everything to do with farming.. I just watched FarmWeek a couple of days ago(Nov.3rd) on RFD TV and they talked about logging.....
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

After seeing the garage trailer yesterday, I am definately looking forward to this expansion. I am absolutely loving all the older Volvo equipment.

There is a lot of cool equipment and I am looking forward to the challenge of doing proper logging, especially using all the old Volvo kit, and progressing up to the new fancy stuff.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Lexie wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:26 pm I'm now already happy I didn't buy the season pass, the name Farming Simulator tells why, I'm into farming and not into foresting. The first DLC was not of my liking, Kubota are ok tractors but not really adding something special, so seasons pass not worth it for me. Problems of FS22 are still not fixed, still major stutters ons series S/X for more then a half year, so Giants doesn't deserve my money at all.
Chill bro its alright. There is updates to fix all that. Let the giants team get to that. Also souds like a personal preference disliking the dlcs lol :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer:
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

I was so excited when I saw the roller coaster and the ship yard. I will put a lot of time into it forsure.
crash

Post by crash »

In norway 77% of the productive forest are privatly owned. Companies and coops own 7% and the the state owns 6% 60% of the properties are less than 25ha... (61ac) There are 38000 active farmers, and a lot of people that own a farm, but dont farm. But they stilll harvest from the forest. Norway has a law called -allemannsretten- or in english -right to roam- So that land is privately owned is not a problem.. That basicly gives everyone the right to use all forest and mountains for recreational use (hiking, camping with a tent for 2 days in same spot, picking berries and mushrooms) Dont matter if its privatly owned or state owned. And you dont need a permit to hike... !

Point is, forestery is farming.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would hate that. I don't like strangers coming into my property let alone have then stay in a tent for 2 days.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
crash

Post by crash »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:55 pm I would hate that. I don't like strangers coming into my property let alone have then stay in a tent for 2 days.

https://youtu.be/-Iu1Df3ne9w

And on the other side, In norway its not allowed to do any type of offroad driving.. atv's side by sides, cars, bikes, snowmobiles etv can not be driven off road for fun, even if you own the land..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
Illinois Farmer

Sounds strange when you have the other law. We have trails here you are supposed to use but some don't.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

I will put some use into the volvo vnx 300.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

crash wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:03 am In norway 77% of the productive forest are privatly owned. Companies and coops own 7% and the the state owns 6% 60% of the properties are less than 25ha... (61ac) There are 38000 active farmers, and a lot of people that own a farm, but dont farm. But they stilll harvest from the forest. Norway has a law called -allemannsretten- or in english -right to roam- So that land is privately owned is not a problem.. That basicly gives everyone the right to use all forest and mountains for recreational use (hiking, camping with a tent for 2 days in same spot, picking berries and mushrooms) Dont matter if its privatly owned or state owned. And you dont need a permit to hike... !

Point is, forestery is farming.
I wouldn't mind a person on my property as long as they not no creeps. I dont want no peeky neighbors :search:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:55 pm I would hate that. I don't like strangers coming into my property let alone have then stay in a tent for 2 days.
That’s why they’re fighting that corner crossing so hard in the states, if they lose they figure the next fight will be how much private property can you cross to get from state land to state land
Illinois Farmer

People already come in the country thinking they can go wherever they want. I have kicked multiple out of our fields for mudding, parking, or picking our berries or asparagus.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

my observation so far from watching previews.

it is very disappointing that winch cables cannot be attached to vehicle, trailer and other types of vehicle towing points, so they could be used for recovery.

it is disappointing that the skyline (yarder) cable cannot be attached to a vehicle towing point, as IRL for clear-felling we would attach it to a heavy vehicle (often a forestry tractor with its butt-plate down), so you could reposition easily and create working arc on the hill.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Miketeg wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:18 pm Can't wait to see those containers bouncing everywhere because logs physics is so wrong in that game.

That will make AWESOME videos!
The video's I seen have No problems with the log containers and they are autoload...
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4