Rennebu Discussion and reports

1yetiq

Re: Rennebu Discussion and reports

Post by 1yetiq »

hi, after last update i have transparent buildings in this map, it happened to other people too, from what i can see on comments section at mod sites
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

They are supposed to be there. Haldor has done it like this so you can see where buildings may appear when he eventually makes them. If you buy a lot with a transparent building, new buildings will not appear there. One of the reasons its done like this, is that Haldor can update/work on the map, while we still can use it, and we dont need a new savegame for each update he does.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

A small correction.
If you buy the land, and sell the building site, when buildings of Norway getupdated, the house will not spawn in there.
They are placeholders for not yet ready buildings, that will get added in with updates of the buildings pack.
The sites a placed so that you know where buildings will appear later. That will prevent some unwanted incidents when you have placed a building if your own down, and suddenly a new one appear in it with an update.

It also let us enjoy the map while the buildings are being worked on, and we won't need a new save fir them to show up.
Quite smart in my opinion
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Viking

Post by Viking »

Hi,

First of all an incredable map. Started playing it this weekend and amazed how realistic and autentic it is.
Just have a questions, I hope someone can help me with:

When I try to raise the ground, it dosent work. Any one else had the same issiue?

Thanks alot, and good work Olahaldor!

Viking
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Do you own the ground? Any roads/buildings/trees that blocks ? Where on the map is this?

Haven't experienced it myself

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Viking

Post by Viking »

Its field 41/37-38. I do own them, so I don't think that's the issue. It might only be a bug on my savegame. Maybe a modconflict or something, but I can't finde any errors in the log :|
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Quick heck, start a bew save, with only Rennebu, buildings of Norway and power tools or wdc to quickly get cash.

See if it's still a problem

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

I'm currently overhauling the field dimensions. They will be cleaner (in hte PDA as well as technically). The update for this should not require a new savegame, though field numbers will be different due to the order the field dimensions are laid out.
There will also be a script in the map now so contracts will function 99% of the time, if not 100%. Thanks to Loki_79 for that!

If I may have a moment to rant and breathe. A few things I've learned the past 8 months after release:

The majority of players don't research anything.

Most players (who join my Discord) don't read the FAQ.

The majority of the feedback I get is regarding the ghost / temporary buildings. If they only would read the FAQ.... :)

Many who actually read the FAQ still ask about the buildings, and don't understand that I'm doing it for them - I don't want to ruin everyone's savegame for every update!

All of those who download the map from other mod sites than modhub ask questions as if I am the original uploader to, say, kingmods, illegal mods and various other mod bot hunting sites. I don't tend to roam in those waters, and will extremely seldom do anything about those comments. Why do people even use those in the first place. :hmm:

Many expect things to be 100% flawless and perfect out of the box. It's a huge map. I can't possibly spot it all, thus why I need the players to report what they see so I can go straight to the problem and fix it. If there's no report, I won't go looking.

Many players tell me (or discuss in forums not thinking I'm reading it) they won't play the map because the layout of farm yards makes no sense, is ugly, is disfunctional, is not "normal" etc.. Well newsflah; that's exactly how they are laid out irl.

Many players from the previously mentioned forums won't play the map or use the buildings in other maps because they can't enter the barns, and it's unrealistic how the doors and gates are so small you can't even enter with a vehicle. Welcome to Norway, a country where driving a vehicle inside the barn is not the norm. It's probably a culture crash of sorts, but default vehicles in FS aren't really made for Norwegian conditions. Let alone... Interiors take far more efffort to do right than I can possibly spend time on alone.

Many players don't appreciate or respect the countless hours and €uros that's been put into the project.

I know there are many content and happy players who enojy the map. The majority of them keep quiet. Those who do have something positive to say, I really, really appreciate the feedback.

It doesn't hurt to be constructive, and it certainly does not hurt to be supportive.
Motivation to create the remaining buildings does not grow on trees. Add the new directive from Giants on how to do textures, fewer textures and materials and a different UV mapping technique required does not help, and certainly does not speed up the process.

Time flies, my current job demands more of me than than any previous job, kids and family take up much of my time and the last couple of hours left in a day is currently spent on things I find more amusing, such as learning and creating with Houdini.

I really want to make more buildings complete. And at some point in time I will just have to say "this is it" and move on. After all, this is my very first mod (and map!) I started on and created for farming sim.
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am After all, this is my very first mod (and map!)
Wait...wut???
So for this map, being your first map! Wow! CHAPEAU! Amazing job!

I have seen first maps from some people that hurt my eyes and are horrible to play on or even look at.

So well done on your first map!

olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am And at some point in time I will just have to say "this is it" and move on.
I agree, sometimes you have to "finish" and create a new fresh project to keep the mind going.
If your second map is gonna be as good as your first(or even better, since you keep learning new stuff on the way), I can't wait to see what the next project is gonna be. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Keep up the good work :hi: :hi: :hi:

Edit: p.s. Well done for how active you are on the forum and listen to the community. A bug is easily reported to you in this way. I think more map makers should make a discussion and report topic like you did!
Last edited by Mesocyclone on Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

Mesocyclone wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:19 pm
olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am After all, this is my very first mod (and map!)
Wait...wut???
So for this map, being your first map! Wow! CHAPEAU! Amazing job!

I have seen first maps from some people that hurt my eyes and are horrible to play on or even look at.

So well done on your first map!

olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am And at some point in time I will just have to say "this is it" and move on.
I agree, sometimes you have to "finish" and create a new fresh project to keep the mind going.
If your second map is gonna be as good as your first(or even better, since you keep learning new stuff on the way), I can't wait to see what the next project is gonna be. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Keep up the good work :hi: :hi: :hi:
Well said! +1 *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I said it before, and gladly say it again; I love this map and the buildings!

For 2019, the only reason I played FS whas Seasons. Now, I play FS, despite ruined Seasons, but because of Rennebu-map.

I know its hard sometimes, but one cannot take into consideration what people are writing about this and that. If u make a small map, some prefer it bigger and vice versa.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
TBNRMichel

Post by TBNRMichel »

Im seeing al white transparant houses and such. what is this?
Mesocyclone

Post by Mesocyclone »

TBNRMichel wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:31 pm Im seeing al white transparant houses and such. what is this?
Maybe you should read the topic more before commenting:
JohnDeere77 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:16 am They are supposed to be there. Haldor has done it like this so you can see where buildings may appear when he eventually makes them. If you buy a lot with a transparent building, new buildings will not appear there. One of the reasons its done like this, is that Haldor can update/work on the map, while we still can use it, and we dont need a new savegame for each update he does.
Even the mod author that created the map explains:
olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am The majority of players don't research anything.

Most players (who join my Discord) don't read the FAQ.

The majority of the feedback I get is regarding the ghost / temporary buildings. If they only would read the FAQ.... :)

Many who actually read the FAQ still ask about the buildings, and don't understand that I'm doing it for them - I don't want to ruin everyone's savegame for every update!
I'm not saying you should've joined his discord, but since you took the time to go to this forum and this topic, you could've taken the time first to read this topic before going to comment about something that is already explained. And it's not even far away, the same question you asked is on the top of THIS page.
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

I'm one of those happy players who enjoys the map. Usually I'm quietly lurking 😉.
I really like what you have done with the mountian roads, they are a smooth ride now.
It must be fun for you to learn a new skill to make an mostly automated process for creating these roads.

I can imagine that due the Norwegian climat the real road surfaces will show cracks and erosion.
Would it possible to implement a feature in the road creating procedure that make the road texture less homogenous e.g. dark or gravel patches to give a more natural look.

I'm looking forward for all the new updates (especially Buildings Of Norway) you are working on.
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thank you fellas :)

I could look into making the road tool spawn random bits of decals. Good idea.