Rennebu Discussion and reports

olahaldor

Re: Rennebu Discussion and reports

Post by olahaldor »

Albien wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:43 am Is there any special reason why I cannot load the Bergmann HTW 65 trailer from the Bruholt Hayloft?
I just tested the trailer with this hay loft. It works for me.
You're sure you own the land and building?

Could you share a screenshot of where you're parked when you're trying to load?
Albien

Post by Albien »

olahaldor wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:01 pm
Albien wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:43 am Is there any special reason why I cannot load the Bergmann HTW 65 trailer from the Bruholt Hayloft?
I just tested the trailer with this hay loft. It works for me.
You're sure you own the land and building?

Could you share a screenshot of where you're parked when you're trying to load?
I unfortunately sold the building to make way for upgrades :(
It might have been the land that it was on was not even enough maybe... I will build a new one and test later on :)

Thanks for the reply and keep up the good work :)
Dayvoyda

Post by Dayvoyda »

Just wondering where to give my cows water on the Bergtun cow barn. Have been struggling to find it a bit haha. Ive also given my cows 100,000 litres of silo so I'm just wondering if the only thing left for them to start producing is some water.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Barns in Norway usually have plumbing and drinking vessels installed, thus no need to manually fill with water. :)
You will need to give them more than just one type of food for them to start producing. :)
Dayvoyda

Post by Dayvoyda »

Thank you so much
Kasoline

Post by Kasoline »

olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am If I may have a moment to rant and breathe.
I feel sorry for you for having to deal with the frustration of impatient, ungrateful and sometimes stupid complaints and the many questions you get where the answer is readily available.
I hope you manage to shake off the comments of whiners and nay-sayers, im certain its a vocal, tiny, minority in the grand scheme of things.

The fact is your map is already incredible in its current state and I hope you one day will be able to say "Yea, it's done, I'm really pleased with that" :)

olahaldor wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:48 am I know there are many content and happy players who enojy the map. The majority of them keep quiet. Those who do have something positive to say, I really, really appreciate the feedback.
I very rarely comment on forums and such, made this account just for this post.

Rennebu singlehandedly got me back into Farming Sim, I haven't played at all since 2019. Now I'm ~50 hours+ in and absolutely loving it.

Starting from scratch, no loans allowed, max 1 item leased at a time, "win condition" loosely set to owning all of the land on the map with 2-3 pleasing farming complexes around the map.

A lot the map feels familiar to me, very nostalgic with the similarities to the farm and landscape i grew up on in Sweden. Except Rennebu has the natural beauty of the mountains and the river which is a lot more intresting than flat fields and forests.

If I'm lucky I'll get one or two of my brothers in on it for a co-op, I'm sure they too will love your map. You've done a great job with it.

I really appriciate you considering savegame-compability for future updates since I'm in it for the long run on this one.

And lastly, if I knew anything more than just exiting xml files I'd ask if you need any help with finishing the map but my knowledge doesn't extend beyond editing files and 3d-modelling in something like Google schechup.

TL:DR: Awesome map, hope you keep at it and if I find a donate-button somewhere your next fika* or two is on me.

*Coffe and a nice pastry or something :)
Last edited by Kasoline on Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Thank you for the very kind words Kasoline :)
I'm familiar with fika :biggrin2:

I'll get going with new buildings as soon as I can! :)
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

Just FYI I have submit an update of Rennebu to Modhub. I don't know when they will get to test it, but mainly what it contains is
- NEW TREES with better collision.
- Optimized field dimensions made from scratch.

It will require a new savegame if you have made any forestry, cut down trees on your farm yard etc, as the trees will respawn.
Kasoline

Post by Kasoline »

olahaldor wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:46 pm Just FYI I have submit an update of Rennebu to Modhub. I don't know when they will get to test it, but mainly what it contains is
- NEW TREES with better collision.
- Optimized field dimensions made from scratch.

It will require a new savegame if you have made any forestry, cut down trees on your farm yard etc, as the trees will respawn.
Sounds good!

Haven't done forestry but have cleaned up maybe 50 leafy trees around the fields and to make space for a few buildings. Should be just fine to take a backup. update and then just cut unwanted respawned trees down again i assume? I'll try that at least.

Quite amusing to check out Rennebu on Google maps after you have played on the map for a while. Lots of it really is spot on, did 2 quick sidebyside views:

Edit: Didnt seem to work with embedded image so 2 links instead:
https://ibb.co/KmqfFLZ
https://ibb.co/6y6MdVs

On a sidenote, just realized you have a twitch-channel and found a donate button there. So as promised!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Kasoline wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:14 am Edit: Didnt seem to work with embedded image so 2 links instead:
https://ibb.co/KmqfFLZ
https://ibb.co/6y6MdVs
You need to use the Giants image server
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

The update is pending release so I guess that means it will go live today :)

Updated trees with better collision! Enjoy! :)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

And it's live!

Though, I guess for me it'll have to wait until vacation is over, don't have time to rebuild the farm now, it does take a couple of days......
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
olahaldor

Post by olahaldor »

If anyone's curious whether old savegames work without issues I'm willing to take one or two savegames and check. (Once I'm back from vacation in a couple days)
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

This is a very beautiful map and it is able to be made into one from many places in the world. The layout fits the part of Wisconsin my wife is from. The only thing I have any issues with at all is the white buildings that are in as placeholders but it is a very nicely done map.
HansJ Den

Post by HansJ Den »

Hi

Thanks for a great map.
But am i the only one, who have a problem with some transperrent / white buildings?