VPN blocking all game servers

FlyingMasterChef

VPN blocking all game servers

Post by FlyingMasterChef »

If I turn on my VPN, no matter where in the world I set it, the game shows me NO game servers online. It also, after about 30 seconds, states that I have lost connection to the server, please check my internet connection & restart game. My connection is just fine. No other app or game has an issue. ONLY FS22 seems to have an issue. IF I turn off my VPN everything works fine. I do NOT like having my VPN off. Any thoughts on this one? This should NOT be happening. I should absolutely be able to connect even through the VPN.

Greg

PS: I am physically located in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. My VPN is set to New York currently. No matter where I set the VPN it will NOT connect.
FlyingMasterChef

Re: VPN blocking all game servers

Just want to add this information. I loaded up FS19. Turned on the VPN and the game servers showed up on every server. International, Germany 1, Germany 2, etc.... So the issue is a FS22 issue. FS19 works with it just fine as does every other game I play online.

Greg
FlyingMasterChef

Ok...after insane testing I found this fun fact out. If I only install 82 mods on my game then it sees the Giants game server and shows me all the multi-player servers. If I add ANY mod over 82 (83+) it will NOT show me the games on the master server. Instead, says the connection was lost, blah blah blah... This happens with the VPN ON. If I turn off the VPN it will show the servers no matter how many mods I install. (we currently run 110 on our server but looking at another 10-20 to install....don't judge!!!! Many are graphic add-ons as I love building little towns and decorating them.)
I am running the TORGUARD VPN service and have never had an issue with it before. On FS19 we ran over 250 mods and the VPN was always on and seeing the server was/is never an issue with FS19.

Greg
Kordain

Post by Kordain »

I don't use any VPN and I'm having the same issue.

I don't think this has anything to do with the fact you use a VPN. The only change on my PC around the time it stopped working was a Windows Defender definition update. uninstalling/turning off the antivirus made no difference. I use Windows 11, and I'm wondering if this issue is exclusive to Windows 11 users since according to the games log file the game thinks I'm running Windows 10.
AnderRVS

Post by AnderRVS »

Kordain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:12 pm I don't use any VPN and I'm having the same issue.

I don't think this has anything to do with the fact you use a VPN. The only change on my PC around the time it stopped working was a Windows Defender definition update. uninstalling/turning off the antivirus made no difference. I use Windows 11, and I'm wondering if this issue is exclusive to Windows 11 users since according to the games log file the game thinks I'm running Windows 10.
I have same problem...