Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

RODHA

Re: Griffin Indiana 22 Support Thread

Post by RODHA »

I love this map such much. But I have a serious problem.

This is my third save now and I still keep getting the same issue.

I build my animal pens and production buildings dotted around the main shop area. But after a certain limit I start to get stuttering and FPS drops around the same area and evantually random game crashes kick in.

I tried all sorts of things to pin point the cause but couldn't figure out if it is about a mod conflict or just the game can not handle that much animal pens (btw, just cows, sheep and chickens and 1 pen for each one) and production buildings.

However, over 200 hours of game play I think it is all about the animal pens being in the crowded town area.

So, tonight I'll start my fourth save and this time I'll keep the animal pens out of town and keep the production buildings in the town.

I hope this time it works.

But if anyone else also ever dealt with this issue please let me know what kind of a solution you used.

Thanks a lot in advance :hi:
PS5 / FS22
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

RODHA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:59 pm I love this map such much. But I have a serious problem.

I build my animal pens and production buildings dotted around the main shop area. But after a certain limit I start to get stuttering and FPS drops around the same area and evantually random game crashes kick in.

I tried all sorts of things to pin point the cause but couldn't figure out if it is about a mod conflict or just the game can not handle that much animal pens (btw, just cows, sheep and chickens and 1 pen for each one) and production buildings.

However, over 200 hours of game play I think it is all about the animal pens being in the crowded town area.

So, tonight I'll start my fourth save and this time I'll keep the animal pens out of town and keep the production buildings in the town.

But if anyone else also ever dealt with this issue please let me know what kind of a solution you used.

Have you rebuilt your database, turned off all mods, or used the basegame animal pens?
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:38 pm
RODHA wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:59 pm I love this map such much. But I have a serious problem.

Have you rebuilt your database, turned off all mods, or used the basegame animal pens?
I didn't do a database rebuild or turning off all mods but I doubt those are the solutions because I don't have the same issue on other maps and the same mods work fine in other maps. And because the issue starts after I use a lot mods it is pretty much impossible for me to figure out which one is causing the issue. I just wanted to see if there are other people having the same problem. If not then it is most definitely a mod conflict of some sort which I don't think I can ever pin point.
PS5 / FS22
STAJNIKAR

Post by STAJNIKAR »

Hello everyone
does anyone else have problems with hired workers
because I'm slowly losing my patience, I don't know why. when I employ a worker in the field, there is always something, he gets stuck in an illogical way, or he starts working the field somewhere halfway and then gets stuck.
please advise how to solve this problem
i play on ps4 console
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

STAJNIKAR wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm Hello everyone
because I'm slowly losing my patience, I don't know why. when I employ a worker in the field, there is always something, he gets stuck in an illogical way, or he starts working the field somewhere halfway and then gets stuck.
i play on ps4 console
Run two headland passes around the field and then get a worker on it, the fact that you ran two headlands, eliminates most of the obstacles around the field and gives the worker enough turning space so that he can't get out of the field.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
STAJNIKAR

Post by STAJNIKAR »

Dan279 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:55 am
STAJNIKAR wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:33 pm Hello everyone
i play on ps4 console
Run two headland passes around the field and then get a worker on it, the fact that you ran two headlands, eliminates most of the obstacles around the field and gives the worker enough turning space so that he can't get out of the field.
thanks for the answer, I tried that too, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
one more question, why can't I put decorative trees on the Griffin Indiana 22 map, it says too many trees.
STAJNIKAR

Post by STAJNIKAR »

I have the same problems with the workers no matter which map I play, now I'm playing the Griffin Indiana 22 map, but here it says too many trees, why?
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Because AJ place over the limit around 10k if I remember correctly, if your on PC there is a mod so you can place more trees, if your on console then you have to cut down around 2 thousand trees before you can place any.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

STAJNIKAR

Post by STAJNIKAR »

¸ok ok but that problem comes out only in griffin Indiana,I don't have these problems elsewhere 2 thousand trees 4 real?
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Yes, a lot of other map makers keep below the tree limit, which is around 7500 trees, when western wilds was first released it had over 11000 trees but alien Jim took out a lot of trees with the update. Bloomfield Canada had the same issue and a few others as well.

AJ, has decided that he will not remove tree's from his map (which I totally respect, his map, his rules). As I said before if your on PC then there is a mod to increase the tree limit if not then you have to cut them down, the unreal tree devourer by erShaba is really handy for getting rid of trees and fast on console.

STAJNIKAR

Post by STAJNIKAR »

ok thank you
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Just for perspective, poor AI performance in not a Griffin problem. I had helpers in the ditches and lost in other farmer's fields on Frankenmuth and Stone Valley too. Generous headlands (end rows...) for turning room is the best plan.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I tried something a couple weeks ago that took me until last night to get past. Using what I think is the better contracts mod I started a new save and tried to take every contract and finish it. In the month of September all of the harvesting contracts were for potatoes. You guessed it. The 6 largest fields and the 2 smallest ones were all for potatoes going to Mt Vernon. It took me 18 actual hours of playtime to harvest and ship everything. I made a lot of money but I don't think I'll go for the potatoes anymore. After I got done shipping everything and filling the contracts out I still have 197,000 liters of potatoes left over. Maybe I'll raise some pigs so I have something to feed them to.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Yeah, I spent almost the whole weekend doing sugar beet contracts on1, 7, and 12. Adjust the headland/helper rule to 6-8 passes for the root crop harvesters! Had a helper get a Grimme beet digger hung up in the parking lot at Johnson's while working field 12...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

wheelmansteve wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:06 pm Just for perspective, poor AI performance in not a Griffin problem. I had helpers in the ditches and lost in other farmer's fields on Frankenmuth and Stone Valley too. Generous headlands (end rows...) for turning room is the best plan.
Griffin ai works the best. Only map that has held a candle is stone valley
FTF