Vermeer Pack For Farming Simulator 22 Coming Soon!

eric21

Re: Vermeer Pack For Farming Simulator 22 Coming Soon!

Post by eric21 »

Well these days it really is push of a button on anything
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

To a degree once you get set up. There is a ton of knowledge in just the setup.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

I got the season pass but so far really underwhelmed and this pack for me is a waste of money , I already have plenty of balers and this seems just put in to throw another name into the game , Seems sadly so little thought put into the season pass this year and the logging pack at the end of the year will be a total waste unless they actually try and sort out the physics of logging first
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Bobble2020 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:28 pm I got the season pass but so far really underwhelmed and this pack for me is a waste of money , I already have plenty of balers and this seems just put in to throw another name into the game , Seems sadly so little thought put into the season pass this year and the logging pack at the end of the year will be a total waste unless they actually try and sort out the physics of logging first
Is this logging issue on consoles? I don't do a lot of forestry but whenever I do I never have any issues apart from the occasional stump that refuses to grind away....
Well hopefully people learn their lessons to NEVER pre-order anything or pay for something that you don't know what it is. Should be the first lesson when playing games in my opinion....

I did buy the season pass but it was entirely a donation to giants for their work and commitment to the agricultural sector any DLC was just a bonus.
And I'll do it again!
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

Burekcina wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:46 pm Maybe people could learn something new with a more realistic game? You know why are flight simulators used for real flight training by pilots? Because of realism and depth.

It would be nice to show people that farming is not just a push of a button.
If GIANTS made this a true simulator, they'd lose half of their player base. They simplified things to appeal to a more general audience.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Burekcina wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:46 pm Maybe people could learn something new with a more realistic game? You know why are flight simulators used for real flight training by pilots? Because of realism and depth.

The problem is that once you cross that push a button to lower or raise line you open a whole can of worms of why you would only put that implement into the ground a little or why you would bury it. I’m also not sure how you could say they haven’t taken a step towards realism, they’ve added manual transmissions and factored mass into the game more realistically, that’s the biggest part of driving a tractor realistically that was left. It is just pushing buttons and pulling levers otherwise, which currently you can simulate with joysticks, pedals, and wheels, which they do support.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I don’t think many/any of us are interested in a DCS depth FS game (I have successfully crashed half a dozen times in the tutorial and decided that I have no interest in getting the hardware to make it be moderately playable) or the hardware requirements of that game
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:35 am I don’t think many/any of us are interested in a DCS depth FS game (I have successfully crashed half a dozen times in the tutorial and decided that I have no interest in getting the hardware to make it be moderately playable) or the hardware requirements of that game
Hardware requirements? DCS and MSFS run better on my machine than FS, without stuttering, and in VR!

If the game is called a simulator, it would be expected to have some depth, not just push a button, drive over a field and it changes texture. I'm not suggesting for it to be as feature rich as other simulators (which it could be) but some realistic features would be appreciated. In it's current state FS looks more like a mobile game.

(there is a reason why arcade simulators don't last)
Illinois Farmer

The biggest thing for me is animal feeding needs expanding. Irl pigs and cows struggle to eat whole corn. It passes right they cattle. It needs to be rolled out grounded first. When pigs eat whole corn, they gain slower and it can kill them. It needs to be run through a grinder to get maximum efficiency for their daily gain and their digestive system. Also with productions the game should have expanded into making distillers and soybean meal for both cattle and hogs. I like the game did add mineral.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:15 pm The biggest thing for me is animal feeding needs expanding. Irl pigs and cows struggle to eat whole corn. It passes right they cattle. It needs to be rolled out grounded first. When pigs eat whole corn, they gain slower and it can kill them. It needs to be run through a grinder to get maximum efficiency for their daily gain and their digestive system. Also with productions the game should have expanded into making distillers and soybean meal for both cattle and hogs. I like the game did add mineral.
The animal husbandry is badly lacking and seems to be getting worse with each version. Did you use maize plus in 19 as that brings a lot more depth and is in the process of being converted to 22.
Illinois Farmer

No because I didn't like what they did with making hay. I used mrg/random sparks map that had distillers and soybeans meal made into the map along with a grinder mod that allowed me to mix corn and beans, so kind of like putting soybean meal in and grind the mixture. Also I custom the feed for the animals like cows needed corn.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Burekcina wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:42 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:35 am I don’t think many/any of us are interested in a DCS depth FS game (I have successfully crashed half a dozen times in the tutorial and decided that I have no interest in getting the hardware to make it be moderately playable) or the hardware requirements of that game
Hardware requirements? DCS and MSFS run better on my machine than FS, without stuttering, and in VR!

If the game is called a simulator, it would be expected to have some depth, not just push a button, drive over a field and it changes texture. I'm not suggesting for it to be as feature rich as other simulators (which it could be) but some realistic features would be appreciated. In it's current state FS looks more like a mobile game.

(there is a reason why arcade simulators don't last)
You do know it is that easy? When I'm ploughing I can press one button and then drive and the ground changes "texture" when I'm mowing or sowing or rolling out cultivating I can change the ground texture with one button and driving across the field....
And I'm willing to bet 95% of the time most flights are done with one button the autopilot button...

I do agree farm livestock badly badly needs attention. There's plenty little things that could be added that would add depth without adding complexities to the system.
I find mods that want to add complexities are often too complex for my liking
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:22 pm No because I didn't like what they did with making hay. I used mrg/random sparks map that had distillers and soybeans meal made into the map along with a grinder mod that allowed me to mix corn and beans, so kind of like putting soybean meal in and grind the mixture. Also I custom the feed for the animals like cows needed corn.
This time around I think you can set what condition the grass does when mown or tedded. I guess it's a case of different areas as over here you can rarely make grass silage let alone hay without a few visits from a Tedder. I'd say when it comes give it a look as they are trying to make it easier to customise this time around in the xml from what I've seen.
Illinois Farmer

Yeah which is a good thing. Irl I don't even own a Tedder. We have had to burrow a Tedder twice in 10 years ha. Area plays a big role in how I like to play that's why it is so hard to customize for everyone likings.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Best way over here to make it rain is to get a mower out :mrgreen: