FS 22 Harvest grass all year around?

FredrikB

FS 22 Harvest grass all year around?

Post by FredrikB »

I like this game and I am happy about the miods that coming out since release.
But I struggle with few things but mainly just 1 big thing for me which I must find a "fix" for and therefore created a
account here to find any solution to.

So in my in the place where I live ( in south parts of Sweden.)
We dont have grass being able to be seeded almost year around and absolutely not harvested 12 months a year.
I understand that might be the case in some regions in the world, although I dont think any country in northern part of Europe have it like that.
So I want to "fix" this and was looking around mods and other "fix" in modhub and by google search.
The only close thing to modify the xml was a mod named Real Life Numbers.
But I dont find it to have any change in the script for grass specific. (didnt download due not avaliable on modhub, watched 3 videos on tube about it and saw in thoose videos that grass wasnt represented in the crop xml that you can change.)
So what I nedd and want is a "fix" for this. Can someone explain for me how I modify the xml texts in the game files, or another way to fix it.
It would really help me out if there is someone that know about this.

Regards!
LittleWatt

Re: FS 22 Harvest grass all year around?

Post by LittleWatt »

Are you on Seasons? With seasons enabled you cannot plant grass year round. You can harvest it, but if mowed in winter it won’t grow back until spring. That’s what I’ve noticed anyway. Or just don’t plant or mow it.
FredrikB

Post by FredrikB »

Hi.
Yes this is seasons ON in FS22. I know I cant plant all year around but I want to reduce the months for planting to May-September. And the Harvest to May-October. Then I want the knockback to growth stage 1 during all winter to April when it should start grow again. I fuzzed around in the XML file for growth stage, but map wont load after changing anything there from "true-to "false" But I try look deeper and understand. Altho if someone can hint out for me its would be greatly helpful and appreciated.

EDIT.
After going through some of the code in XML I found how to fix it. It was working after setting the "PlantingAllowed" state to "false" for the month you dont want be able to plant grass. And then I changed the knockback from growth stage" "update range = 2-4" and set value to "set=1"in the month I dont want to be able to harvest. After this changes it changes the knockback on grass to stage 1 during the winter months and its not possible to harvest it in the winter months anymore. This changes in the XML also changes the visual bars for seeding and Harvest in the Crop Calendar.
Sid1701d

Post by Sid1701d »

In farming simulator 22 there is 3 types of grass the meadow grass is a lot tougher and can grow to its first stage, the field grass is the grass the npc plant and regrow after a while, the seed grass is the grass you can grow on your fields and it will look like the field grass except it will be more darker and richer than the grass the npc farmers can grow.
FredrikB

Post by FredrikB »

Sid1701d wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:47 am In farming simulator 22 there is 3 types of grass the meadow grass is a lot tougher and can grow to its first stage, the field grass is the grass the npc plant and regrow after a while, the seed grass is the grass you can grow on your fields and it will look like the field grass except it will be more darker and richer than the grass the npc farmers can grow.
Hi.
Thank you for your answer.But I am already aware of there be 2 types of grass in game. One is meadow and the other one is sowed / planted in fields. Altho the same things can be edited in meadow grass in the XML. So its all fine and dandy for me.