Idea/feature request

LilCleep

Re: Idea/feature request

Post by LilCleep »

Maybe adding tobacco to the game. I'm not sure if it's something that can be added, but at most of the farmland near where I live grows it and I think it would be cool to see it added to the game. Maybe even as far as adding productions system or making it to wear you can sell it green or dry for a higher price.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:55 pm
Laughinggravy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:02 pm
CoreyTr wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:54 pm I don't mean to instigate anything, but who is the intended audience for this? If it's supposed to be Giants, then we'd be wasting our time.

My main idea/request is that they finish the game as it is, before adding new features that will sit unfinished. That's a legitimate request, and not a dig.
Totally agree with you finish the base game then move onto other things.
Just wondering and not looking to poke at you with a stick. What do you feel is not finished with the game??
Oh I can come up with a thing or two.

- How do you get chickens to and from your farm without paying a fee (like all the other animals)?
- Do sheep poo? If so, where does it go?
- Do animals have babies? No, they have adults.
- Where do the deer come from? Well, they magically materialize a few feet in front of you, randomly.
- Can you buy seeds for the various crops? That's right, they magically change to whatever you want, while in your seeder.
- What are your hired workers names?
- Is the AI really AI?

I could mention the bugs that were carried over from 19, but that rattles cages out there.

I could go on and on, but I figured one or two, or seven, would be more than enough to answer your question.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

CoreyTr wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:54 pm I don't mean to instigate anything, but who is the intended audience for this? If it's supposed to be Giants, then we'd be wasting our time.

My main idea/request is that they finish the game as it is, before adding new features that will sit unfinished. That's a legitimate request, and not a dig.
Just wondering and not looking to poke at you with a stick. What do you feel is not finished with the game??
  • AI pathing on roads using the worker "go to" and "create job" systems
  • AI pathing on fields and their ability to turn round at the ends of rows without nosediving into ditches or headbutting obstacles
  • AI pathing on fields (headlands and row direction)
  • Fill point indicators on tools - e.g. seeders with fertiliser sometimes refuse to fill because fill point is not where expected on the tool (vanilla game tools)
  • Fake buildings everywhere - cannot open doors or enter them, even with basic box sheds
  • Vehicle and equipment pricing consistency - why are 60-70 year old tractors priced similar to current year models?
  • Crop variety - just look at the modhub to see what Giants should have included in the game.
  • Animal variety - as above
  • Manure systems - please explain how you train cows to only poop if they have straw and to only pee if they don't (many RL farmers would be interested in this technology)
  • Train systems - farmers should not drive trains - deliver to rail head silos with multiple destination sell points, choose distant sell point, note delay to deliver (travel time) and pay carriage fee ... as a minimum function set of rail deliveries

I could go on, but there's enough there to start discussions.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

LilCleep wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 am Maybe adding tobacco to the game. I'm not sure if it's something that can be added, but at most of the farmland near where I live grows it and I think it would be cool to see it added to the game. Maybe even as far as adding productions system or making it to wear you can sell it green or dry for a higher price.
Highly unlikely given the age rating of the game along the same lines as why grapes can't be made into wine.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

TheGazbeard wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:50 am
Laughinggravy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:02 pm Totally agree with you finish the base game then move onto other things.
  • AI pathing on roads using the worker "go to" and "create job" systems
  • AI pathing on fields and their ability to turn round at the ends of rows without nosediving into ditches or headbutting obstacles
  • AI pathing on fields (headlands and row direction)
  • Fill point indicators on tools - e.g. seeders with fertiliser sometimes refuse to fill because fill point is not where expected on the tool (vanilla game tools)
  • Fake buildings everywhere - cannot open doors or enter them, even with basic box sheds
  • Vehicle and equipment pricing consistency - why are 60-70 year old tractors priced similar to current year models?
  • Crop variety - just look at the modhub to see what Giants should have included in the game.
  • Animal variety - as above
  • Manure systems - please explain how you train cows to only poop if they have straw and to only pee if they don't (many RL farmers would be interested in this technology)
  • Train systems - farmers should not drive trains - deliver to rail head silos with multiple destination sell points, choose distant sell point, note delay to deliver (travel time) and pay carriage fee ... as a minimum function set of rail deliveries

I could go on, but there's enough there to start discussions.
I completely agree with your list. The AI seems to have come along way, but then they run into a post in front of them and it feels like zero progress has been made
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Are you playing the game? If you are, your question is specifically poking with a stick.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Beanbrother wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:03 pm Snipp.......
I completely agree with your list. The AI seems to have come along way, but then they run into a post in front of them and it feels like zero progress has been made
That's just the ai imitating real life.
Strangely enough, it seems like those poles, powerline towers, and trees are invisible for some drivers in the real world too, and they manage to hit them.....

Are you playing the game? If you are, your question is specifically poking with a stick.
I too would like to know what isn't finished.
And I play the game, have 'some hundred' hours into fs22 so far.

If you are claiming that it isn't finished, you also need to specify what you think isn't done yet.

Is the game perfect? By no means, but I've still to experience one that is.....
Does it contain gamebreaking bugs? None that i experience. Do I wish for improvements? I sure do, I've never understood why you can't configure beacons on every vehicle
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

If your PC exploded immediately after starting a FS game, some people would still praise Giants for their good work.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Burekcina wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:26 pm If your PC exploded immediately after starting a FS game, some people would still praise Giants for their good work.
If you were able to play several hundred hours of farming, some people would still claim that GIANTS have ripped them off with an incomplete game . . . takes all sorts!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Burekcina wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:26 pm If your PC exploded immediately after starting a FS game, some people would still praise Giants for their good work.
I definitely would, if they managed that!
🤣
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:37 pm
If you were able to play several hundred hours of farming, some people would still claim that GIANTS have ripped them off with an incomplete game . . . takes all sorts!
Your statement is very true. Anyone playing for hundreds of hours, and claiming to be ripped off are a special sort.

Some people who play for hundreds of hours will say the game is incomplete, and not feel ripped off, like myself. My personal claim of the game being incomplete comes from years of experience.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

At the release of fs22 giants kinda were giving vibes that they going to improve the game after release specially the ai and they promised that in one of the blog posts before release. Ofc that did not happen, they did made some free equipment updates and 2 free dlcs (agi and precision farming) but other than that they did not improved the game after the release at all, some bugs will never be fixed. After they done with pumping all the mayor dlcs they are going to announce another title and off we go to converting mods all over again. I just dont like their buissnes model i would rather have one great game that last years and is constantly updated like ets2 or ats than a new game every 2 or 3 years and lose all the mods just to have some small improvements between the 2 versions
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Better QA and fix the bugs as and when instead of waiting until a dlc is released. Can only speak for myself but the contracts do seem to vanish very quickly still and having quite a few contracts that cannot complete due to not having enough crop from the field.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

It is strange that they don’t do hot fixes.
Mike61021

Post by Mike61021 »

*thumbsup* I actually love the game very relaxing for me