Different Mods

Ethan0104

Different Mods

Post by Ethan0104 »

Hello, I currently have FS22 on Xbox one. Is there talks or is there a possibility of maybe getting Ford, GMC, Chevrolet, and Ram vehicle mods in FS22?

Thanks
Ethan
Mwal

Re: Different Mods

Post by Mwal »

Anything’s possible but as far as talks no one from giants has publicly made any statements that I’ve seen and according to their podcast they won’t either until they are almost ready to release them as a dlc or part of the game in some other way.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

This won't happen until giants get the license for these brands
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

And I do not think it will come just for some pickup Trucks.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Never say never, mack made its way in
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Have faith Ethan. Giants is more concerned with brands over honing the gameplay.
They'll need something to sell the next iteration, so you could cross your fingers and see.

Giants never let's us know anything, let alone what brands they are talking about about.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

This question has been around since mods came to console with fs17. It really does boil down to licensing issues that giants my attempt to acquire or may not. The only answer is time. With that being said, I certainly don't expect Giants to "discuss" every project they are or are not working on. Its unreasonable and if I was running the business, I would probably handle it the same was as frankly, its none of our business what goes on with their business end. As long as they are treating their employees right and not trashing the planet in the process, I'm good as long as they keep kicking out quality products which my opinion is, they have done that.

With that being said, I remember being on console for 17 and waiting desperately for a few truck mods. It took forever but we finally got them. This time around there was the TLX series on there not too long after release. Not to mention the lizard (ford) truck on the hub that gives the feel without license being required. As for now mods like that are your best bet. The bigger tlx pickup looks like a ram with the right stuff on it. I will bet more modders continue to find ways around licensing as time progresses but for now you might have to "settle". I won't tell you to go buy a pc for mods cause that's just redunkulass.. just.. be patient and willing to "pretend" a bit to get that feeling you are looking for.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
eric21

Post by eric21 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:06 pm This question has been around since mods came to console with fs17. It really does boil down to licensing issues that giants my attempt to acquire or may not. The only answer is time. With that being said, I certainly don't expect Giants to "discuss" every project they are or are not working on. Its unreasonable and if I was running the business, I would probably handle it the same was as frankly, its none of our business what goes on with their business end. As long as they are treating their employees right and not trashing the planet in the process, I'm good as long as they keep kicking out quality products which my opinion is, they have done that.

With that being said, I remember being on console for 17 and waiting desperately for a few truck mods. It took forever but we finally got them. This time around there was the TLX series on there not too long after release. Not to mention the lizard (ford) truck on the hub that gives the feel without license being required. As for now mods like that are your best bet. The bigger tlx pickup looks like a ram with the right stuff on it. I will bet more modders continue to find ways around licensing as time progresses but for now you might have to "settle". I won't tell you to go buy a pc for mods cause that's just redunkulass.. just.. be patient and willing to "pretend" a bit to get that feeling you are looking for.
Mods did come out for fs13 but as dlc for console, came in 3 packs but most of them were trailers
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

The problem with them telling us what they are possibly planning is they would say ‘we are hoping to get a license for ‘Ford’ (other brands are available)’ and then lots of people would read ‘Ford is coming’ and then through the magic of Chinese whispers it would become ‘Ford is confirmed and it’s going to be amazing!!!!’
Last edited by Rasping rabbit on Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrincessJessi84

Yea I had the packs for 15 but I would hardly call them mods.. more like unofficial DLC. We didn't get any kind of features on console that could be remotely called mods until 17 and lets be honest, with mods being new to consoles, it took some time for the whole system to get on track. OMG I remember how many people used to complain (I had a moment myself) cause consoles only got like 4-5 mods a week or whatever and 95% of them were 3m cultivators :lol:
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
PrincessJessi84

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:34 pm
Yea I have a degree in business management and every time I see someone complaining about Giants not keeping them in the loop, I am not sure if I should facepalm or laugh myself out of my chair. The whole concept of "they owe us information" is nonsense. ALL companies, regardless of how transparent things seem, have inner workings that we the consumers are not privy to. Its life. But kids these days just insist that everyone owes them something. I just think its all silly and this mentality will eventually come back to bite all of us.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors