Mod request?

TroyDW07

Mod request?

Post by TroyDW07 »

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help? I love the game, but cannot mod to save a life. Would anyone be interested in creating/converting the following for me? I am prepared to make a contribution to any modders costs if that helps

1) Convert an existing FS19 map (Growers Farm) to FS22 with minor modifications

2) Create a New Holland Clayson 8070/8080 mod (circa 1985)

Please reply to thread or PM

Thanks

Troy
FarmerJohn89

Re: Mod request?

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Heads up Troy, modders don't like requests. Generally they do what they do because it's a hobby and an interest to them but as soon as you start making mods it becomes a job and if it's a job then it has to pay annnnd most mods take hundreds of hours.

I don't like saying it but maybe you should try your hand at modding never know you might be good at it...
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Oops double message..
Last edited by FarmerJohn89 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

Why do people always say the same thing? The OP is not hounding any modders on their platforms, or naming names. He's putting it out there for a modder to respond, or not.
The OP is even willing to pay.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Several molders, as of late especially, have taken to the forums seeking feedback and suggestions (which is quite honestly amazing and shows how the FS community should be). Keyboard lawyers providing unsolicited cease and desist posts on behalf of modders is super annoying
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
eric21

Post by eric21 »

TroyDW07 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:49 pm Hi

I wonder if anyone can help? I love the game, but cannot mod to save a life. Would anyone be interested in creating/converting the following for me? I am prepared to make a contribution to any modders costs if that helps

1) Convert an existing FS19 map (Growers Farm) to FS22 with minor modifications

2) Create a New Holland Clayson 8070/8080 mod (circa 1985)

Please reply to thread or PM

Thanks

Troy
Only the original modder can edit it and put it on modhub, also the modder would need lots of support , rather one person requesting. That's for the map.

The 2nd one would be waiting for someone to make it, could take weeks or months. You could be a console player but that would take longer
TroyDW07

Post by TroyDW07 »

Ok. New member makes faux pas on first post story then I guess.

Firstly though, it was a request, not a demand, and as noted by one reply, I was willing to pay any modder who took the time for their work.

Finally, I never asked for this work to be placed anywhere, let alone on the mod-hub

Clearly, this was a bad idea so forget it
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

TroyDW07 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:01 pm Ok. New member makes faux pas on first post story then I guess.

Firstly though, it was a request, not a demand, and as noted by one reply, I was willing to pay any modder who took the time for their work.

Finally, I never asked for this work to be placed anywhere, let alone on the mod-hub

You did nothing wrong. There's a bunch of fanboys who think they speak for others on this forum.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TroyDW07 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:01 pm Ok. New member makes faux pas on first post story then I guess.

It's not a bad idea of itself, but it has led to bad feeling when person A politely indicates interest in a possible mod, as you did, and then modder B says "Looks fun, maybe I'll have a go" and by the time you've got all the way to person Z it is "wheres my mod wot I was promised you suk donkey big time" ...
... you get the idea?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I don't think there is anything wrong with sharing ideas. He isn't begging anyone to do anything.. merely asking if anyone would be interested in the project. Heck... I understand. I have TONS of scripting ideas for mods that I am not talented enough to do (yes I've tried) but time and time again, I don't share any of them on here as certain people have went way out of their way to make it taboo to make a request or even share an idea cause "modders don't like that" but as stated above, time and time again I have seen modders reaching out for project ideas. Maybe stop trying to generalize the feelings of an entire group of people over the expressed sentiment of a few.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The problem is a modder who again the original modder may not be willing to do it for a single person. Modders do accept donations if they ask and also you may be waiting awhile as they work on other mods.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

The problem is paying for a mod is against the tos for giants. Technically you could call it a donation to get around it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Damn, relax everybody it was friendly advice. There wasn’t entitlement or anger in either comment. Op you will have better luck on Facebook groups, usually they state in the rules whether or not they take requests. If you find one that does that gives you a lot better chance of someone seeing what you want and helping you out. All you’ll find here is people being outraged and being outraged about perceived outrage haha. One other thing the conversion you want done might be hard to get someone to do most modders won’t touch others work without permission for anything other than personal use so your best bet there might be to reach out to the original creator and see if they have any plans of converting or have given someone the ok for a conversion already. Good luck!
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Fb pages are the worst especially by the followers of those groups. I wouldn't suggest FB pages as they are hostile especially during the jjhg modding Vs custom modding war back in the day
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:05 am Fb pages are the worst especially by the followers of those groups. I wouldn't suggest FB pages as they are hostile especially during the jjhg modding Vs custom modding war back in the day
Sounds like you were in a pretty rough group, there’s plenty of groups that are very friendly that’s why I recommended checking the group rules