PC specs

Yeahrightio

PC specs

Post by Yeahrightio »

Hello everyone, it’s been a very long time since I’ve put up a post, just realising haha 😆. Anyway, I’m looking into purchasing a laptop for technical college or TAFE in Australia and I came up with one with specs like this

Intel Celeron-N4020 processor.
4 GB of RAM.
64GB eMMC storage capacity.
Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600

EDIT : here’s another one which is more expensive but a bit more suitable for me.

10.1" IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200.
Octa-Core processor.
4 GB of RAM.
eMCP storage capacity of 128 GB.
Integrated ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU graphics processor.

Is there any FS game I can run on this laptop? It doesn’t need to be on the highest graphics settings but I’d like to be able to join the PC players for once haha 😆. Any input would be much appreciated 👍.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Earnest Pea

Re: PC specs

Post by Earnest Pea »

I'd say FS19 or FS17. FS22 has a minimum requirement of 8GB RAM. Neither of these machines meets that need.

You could look through the Steam pages for each game. They list the system requirements.

You can also check on Can You RUN it.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
humbe

Post by humbe »

Also.. Integrated graphic cards without specific 3D support will severely limit graphic performance.. I thought I saw in the FS22 requirements that it required a 3D card like an ATI or NVidia card, but don't take my word for it..

Is a budget, bulky gamer laptop within your price range and acceptable?

Hmm.. Searching for budget gamer laptops, I get results that is around $1000.. Is that really budget? Looks pretty up to date..

At USD 500 the situation doesn't look promising: https://techguided.com/best-gaming-laptops-under-500/#1
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Thanks for the replies guys 👍. Thinking about it I already have fs22 on Xbox so I probably don’t need the PC version of it, I think I want FS17 on PC. I could lash out and buy a gamer laptop though, but I don’t think I really need one, it is nice to have though. These laptops I’ve checked out are around 370$ aud which is certainly cheap, after all they’ll be in either the field or next to the lathe I operate with drawings on them so at that price if they do have an issue I haven’t lost out much. Just a quick question though, with the specs that these laptops have, would the graphics on say FS17 be in the mid range or would I need to have them set lower?

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Yeahrightio wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:22 am Thanks for the replies guys 👍. Thinking about it I already have fs22 on Xbox so I probably don’t need the PC version of it, I think I want FS17 on PC. I could lash out and buy a gamer laptop though, but I don’t think I really need one, it is nice to have though. These laptops I’ve checked out are around 370$ aud which is certainly cheap, after all they’ll be in either the field or next to the lathe I operate with drawings on them so at that price if they do have an issue I haven’t lost out much. Just a quick question though, with the specs that these laptops have, would the graphics on say FS17 be in the mid range or would I need to have them set lower?
Not exactly sure what specific laptop you checked, but following my link and checking out the HP 14 for instance, it boosts a Vega 7 it says, which is AMD Radeon RX Vega 7, and thus actually a 3D card. I don't know much about this gfx card, but doing a quick search like here https://benchmarks.ul.com/en/hardware/g ... %29+review

It looks like it's performing decently, and I would guess you could play FS19 on pretty high settings on that laptop..

If you want gaming to be an option on the laptop, I'd ensure that it has a GFX card that is at least under the AMD Radeon or NVidia GeForce brand (which the Vega 7 is), does not have higher resolution than full hd (1920x1080), and preferrably have an SSD disk and some memory. At least 8 GB, but 16 GB will likely be a nice boost too..

Also looking here: https://askgeek.io/en/gpus/AMD/Radeon-RX-Vega-7

It looks like you should be able to play FS22 with 44 fps on medium settings...

Personally I think gamer laptops are pretty nice options for laptops.. I don't mind if it weights a kilogram or two extra or is a tad bulkier. Cooling system might also be a bit noisier, but as long as you're not gaming, it should be fairly quiet anyhow.. Looks like the low end gaming laptops don't add much bulk either..
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I had a look at some chromebooks, which can’t run the game as they don’t support exe files ☹️, I have found a Lenovo thinkpad x201 i5 M560 though, I had a thinkpad when I was at school as every student was given one and it was a cracker. This one has the ssd upgrade and has been updated to windows 10 pro, it’s reasonably cheap so I’ll need to take the chrome book back 😐, It’s a good laptop but not for what I desire and more or less need. There are some cheaper gaming laptops to humbee, maybe an Acer one might be the go, there are some older stock models that companies here like office works done advertise so I might find one cheaper.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

The original thinkpad I’d found fell through so here’s another ones spec, would this be able to run fs17?

Lenovo X250 ,intel i5-5300 with 8gb ram and 128gb SSD drive.

Edit: here’s something else for 250$ Australian,

LENOVO THINKPAD T440P
14" WUXGA Screen
INTEL I5 4200M 2.5GHZ UP TO 3.1GHZ CPU
8GB DDR3L RAM
INTEL HD GRAPHICS
240GB SSD
Sound Card

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s