Storing bulk straw in Denmark?

BeefStew1332

Storing bulk straw in Denmark?

Post by BeefStew1332 »

I was on a holiday through Denmark recently and within the many farms around, it seemed that 50% or more of the fields weren’t baled, but instead they had used a forage wagon of sorts to pick it up, then make big piles and seemingly leave many of them by the side of the fields.
Is there anyone who knows why this is or anything about it?

Cheers,
Beef

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Off-topic", since it is not directly related to the game.
JensChrDK

Re: Storing bulk straw in Denmark?

Post by JensChrDK »

I'm from Denmark and have never seen this, how close to the fields where you? And may I ask where you saw it? :smileynew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
BeefStew1332

Post by BeefStew1332 »

Far up north just outside a small town called Hjørring. A bit south of Hirtshals, close to the coast.
Mostly driving past on small countryside roads but still close enough to clearly tell what they were doing.
I got a photo of one of the piles, but it seems to be having a strop and won’t let me attach it (I’ll try again later), there were also numerous tractors with loading wagons loading straw in the fields I saw, but couldn’t get photos.
BeefStew1332

Post by BeefStew1332 »

JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I have no idea why they do that - maybe to cover a future potato/beet/carrot pile :hmm:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

We have these in the US, but they make an actual tight stack and not just a loose pile.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hesston ... =669&dpr=3
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Huh, interesting. Do they feed the animals differently in denmark? It also might be some kind of covering. I'm not sure cuz we use big silos. Nothing is kept outside. By the way where ever that is at is beautiful land!
Ice_boii :gamer: