Different brands combined

Voncarsteine

Different brands combined

Post by Voncarsteine »

Question for the real farmers here:

Is it weird or unusual to use different brands of tractors on a single farm company?

Like a JD large tractor with a New holland medium and a Case harvester? Because I can guess that using a single brand has benefits in spare parts, plug and play and maybe even discounts

Edit don_apple: topic moved from "General Discussion" to "Off-topic", since it is not directly related to the game.
Illinois Farmer

Re: Different brands combined

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Usually it is whatever dealer you are comfortable with. It isn't unusual to use different dealer for different equipment. Also there has been some of guys that would be deere tractor with a claas combine. My family is all deere tractor and combines, but have a new Holland baler, mower, and rake. Use the case dealer for h&s wagons, manure spreader, and blower, and got a sprayer through them which parts are now through cat.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
alanarientiziech

Post by alanarientiziech »

just for curiosity case and new holland both integrate CNH (case-newholland), massey ferguson, challenger, fendt, valtra and caterpillar integrate AGCO, which also is another brand in the game, have others...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yes but they are still new Holland stores and separate case stores unlike agco. Also in my area, the new Holland store sells great plains while the case sells h&s and Mahindra. The John deere sells khun and hagie sprayers.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Voncarsteine wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:30 pm Is it weird or unusual to use different brands of tractors on a single farm company?
It might not be that common, but I don't think it is weird or unusual.

On the farm where I help out during the summer harvest they currently have two John Deere tractors, but also run a New Holland combine.

Before that they had 3 or four tractors which were all from different manufacturers.

And a number of other farmers in the area still use multiple tractors from different manufacturers today.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Bocephus80

Post by Bocephus80 »

For most farmers, it’s whatever they get the best deal on. Within 15 miles of my house there is a Case, new Holland, Kabota and John Deere dealerships. We have all colors of the rainbow out in the field during harvest season
PS4Pro
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Definitely not uncommon in the UK, maybe it is because being a smaller country than say the U.S we have more dealers closer by to choose from.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

within <20 miles (~32km) of me in Shropshire (UK) there is Case, Claas, New Holland, McCormick, John Deere, JCB, Zetor, Kabota, Massey Ferguson and Fendt, with only the Massey Ferguson and Fendt dealer being the same dealer, while for JCB there are multiple dealers.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

Thanks for all the replies! Helps with immersion
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

I think what ever Suits you. Maybe a john deere tractor is better for a purpose than case, while class might be better than john deere for a harvesters needs. Maybe a company has different engines or stronger transmission type. I think all about the engine strength and transmission strength ratio cuz it definitely matters if your going through a soggy field or dry terrain. Im no farmer but i know cuz i mechanic on vehicles and its the same thing with gear ratios. Maybe im just blabbing and dont know what im talking about, cuz it might be different for farming. Sorry if i dont make sense!
Ice_boii :gamer: