Any smaller-scale games that are similar to Farming Simulator?

rony1999

Any smaller-scale games that are similar to Farming Simulator?

Post by rony1999 »

I've invested a lot of time in games like Stardew, House Flipper, Planet Zoo, Prison Architect, etc. For someone searching for a more "calm" game, Farming Simulator appears intriguing but is also incredibly daunting. The level of expertise required to begin playing Farming Simulator 22 seems a little ridiculous. If the farm were much smaller and I could accomplish things by hand rather than using massive machinery, that would be good. Big machineries and factories don't much appeal to me. Smaller-scale games are much more my style.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
JensChrDK

Re: Any smaller-scale games that are similar to Farming Simulator?

Post by JensChrDK »

If you just start a new game on a basegame map, you don't have to go big or do factories - just take care of the 2 or 3 fields you start with and sell the products and do it again. And then don't activate seasonal growth, that should also make it a bit easier. :smileynew:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

There's a lot of small equipment and you can turn off most of the features like plowing, liming, weeds, stones, seasonal cycles, etc
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Spardose

Post by Spardose »

and there is no need to do any of the productions. So simply farming and selling crops can keep you busy. Maybe add some animals later on if you want, but you can start slow and small.
CoreyTr

Post by CoreyTr »

To actually answer your question, here are some games you could check out on Youtube.

Farm Manager xxxx (there are versions for PC and Console) No driving, only management.
Farmer's Dynasty, if you can get past the voice acting. A team of 1 or 2 did this.
Pure Farming 18 isn't terrible if you can live without mods or dozens of redundant vehicles and equipment. The tutorial is stretched out as a small story, then you can spread your wings and continue as you see fit.
Farming Simulator 17 is probably one of the best, and is probably pretty cheap at this point.

Good luck and keep up posted what you decide.
negihes

Post by negihes »

These games emphasize a more personal and hands-on approach to farming, without the need for large machinery or complex management systems. Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2017 sale. You can find these games and more on platforms like itch.io, which is a great place to discover indie games that offer a variety of relaxing gameplay experiences. Happy farming!
Last edited by negihes on Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FBtheSQL

Post by FBtheSQL »

I was getting ready to answer this question, but I see some incredibly intelligent individual has already gave the best answer possible.
Hopefully the OP found what he was looking for.