FS22 No sound while watching Hulu/netflix

GNpower6

FS22 No sound while watching Hulu/netflix

Post by GNpower6 »

I like to listen/watch tv while farming. I cannot use hulu or netflix while playing as it shuts the game sound off. If i close the browser (MS edge) the sound comes back on. I can watch Tubi listen to pandora through same browser in game sound works just fine, while watching tubi in browser Ive even tried to open another window with net or hulu as soon as they start game sound stops.

Checked all sound volumes, device used, no new drivers for my device, reinstalled driver anyways.

verified game files. ran both with and without mods.

When i look online i see others have had this problem, a few where sound volume issues ( mine is not ). And others were just not helpful.

Anyone have a work around?
Zero76Gaming

Re: FS22 No sound while watching Hulu/netflix

Post by Zero76Gaming »

I got the same issue, I like to have music in the background so like to run the TuneIn app, but then the sound of the game completely dissappears and only comes back when I close the other app.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Have either of you tried going into the Sounds Control Panel in Windows, finding your Audio Device and checking it’s properties and making sure settings or checkboxes that allow programs or applications to take exclusive control/use of the device are disabled.

Sounds to me like the apps you are watching or listening to whilst playing are taking exclusive control of your audio output device and preventing sound from other apps and programs from being played at the same time.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:52 pm Have either of you tried going into the Sounds Control Panel in Windows, finding your Audio Device and checking it’s properties and making sure settings or checkboxes that allow programs or applications to take exclusive control/use of the device are disabled.
I will try to find the option you are saying. I haven't seen properties when I was checking them earlier. I might have missed them if you say they are there.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:52 pm Have either of you tried going into the Sounds Control Panel in Windows, finding your Audio Device and checking it’s properties and making sure settings or checkboxes that allow programs or applications to take exclusive control/use of the device are disabled.

Sounds to me like the apps you are watching or listening to whilst playing are taking exclusive control of your audio output device and preventing sound from other apps and programs from being played at the same time.
Can't find any option like this anywhere in windows 11.

Oh and forgot to mention: If i start any other game, both are working fine, TuneIn and Another game. But with FS22, sound is gone.
GNpower6

Post by GNpower6 »

Un checked exclusivity and still same results no sound while streaming some services and others are fine. I know its not fair to compare different engines but the other 7 games I watch while gaming do not do this. even farm sim 19 does not do this.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

GNpower6 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:26 pm Un checked exclusivity and still same results no sound while streaming some services and others are fine. I know its not fair to compare different engines but the other 7 games I watch while gaming do not do this. even farm sim 19 does not do this.
Yeah for me that also didn't work. And indeed only this game does this for me, any other game is fine. And I got a lot of games.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I wonder then if it's some kind of weird issue with FS22 and Windows Mixing of Audio on one output device. On my PC in my setup I use a virtual mixing software to manage all my system audio. So I have the game sounds coming from my Graphics Card, I have Spotify Audio coming from the Motherboard's Realtek Speaker souce, I have my microphone audio coming from my Yeti USB Mic, I have Discord Audio coming from a Virtual Speaker Source, the mixing software then lets me choose where to send audio sources giving me three virtual outputs A1, A2, A3. A2 for example is setup to be my headphones, so in the software I just tick boxes to say which audio sources I want to hear in my headphones, so I choose Game, Spotify and Discord and I can hear all three perfectly fine at the same time. A1 is my Monitor Speakers and I only allow System Audio/Game Audio to that, A3 is a Virtual Cable on my PC so I can then allow OBS to capture my Discord Conversations so that when I'm recording or livestreaming, viewers get to hear my conversation with my fellow Farm Sim players.

So it's definitely possible to have FS22 game sound whilst also hearing sound from other audio sources on the same PC.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Another quick thought when you guys have your apps open and streaming audio and then you have FS22 open and are not getting any audio have you gone to the Windows Volume Mixer and checked it's not doing something silly like muting or lowering the FS22 sound output?

Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Yup all 100%. Like I said, it all works fine with discord, mic, and all other apps. But when running tunein and fs22, or hulu/netflix with fs22 sound of game is gone. ONLY happened with this game and those apps. All other stuff like discord, mic etc are always working fine.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

Looks like this is an issue tide to the Windows Store App of TuneIn. With the desktop app of TuneIn, the audio does work fine.
I suspect the Windows Store version of TuneIn somehow changes the audio device settings to make it incompatible with Farming Simulator (potentially for copyright protection reasons). We'll investigate, if there is something to be done to fix this in a future patch.
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Stegei wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:58 pm Looks like this is an issue tide to the Windows Store App of TuneIn. With the desktop app of TuneIn, the audio does work fine.
I suspect the Windows Store version of TuneIn somehow changes the audio device settings to make it incompatible with Farming Simulator (potentially for copyright protection reasons). We'll investigate, if there is something to be done to fix this in a future patch.
Thank you! :hi:
GNpower6

Post by GNpower6 »

Nope all levels are staying 100%. Back when I used to do sound mods in swat 3 and swat 4 and bfviet . there used to be certain sound codex that wouldn't allow multi sample streaming of channels, but that was way back in dos dinosaur days. I'm assuming modern sound is more stream lined to allow multi source as it is more common. With my hulu / netflix issue it is through microsoft edge browser.
R3dnik89

Post by R3dnik89 »

Stegei wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:58 pm Looks like this is an issue tide to the Windows Store App of TuneIn. With the desktop app of TuneIn, the audio does work fine.
Is there any update regarding this topic? I just started to play FS22 and it's the only game where I run in this sound issue.
Jackkend76

Post by Jackkend76 »

Nearly a year later I know...

It's still an issue with Edge. I have Firefox exactly for this reason. I suspect it is an DRM thing, but either way, Firefox works with Netflix fine for audio with FS22.