GIANTS is everything ok?

fcdrifter13

GIANTS is everything ok?

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Are the current mod releases a cry for help from the QA team?

Is something wrong around the house?

Blink twice if you need some help.

Honestly the past few(many) releases onto the mod hub have been disasters. You've got stolen mods, unfinshed maps, broken assets and more seeping there way in. I remember when the ingame mod-hub was a good way to see if a mod was any good or not. The standards were much higher than they are now, and they are sinking more and more each week. You have members of the community telling you these things and you are ignoring them.

Modders are adults, sometimes you need to tell them that what they submit is garbage. Bluntly. Make them see how bad it is. All that is currently happening now is feeding these leaches and their patreon accounts.

So GAINTS, is everything ok?
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT
Laughinggravy

Re: GIANTS is everything ok?

Post by Laughinggravy »

You must be looking at a different testing list to me bud because out of a very long list every day we are lucky if we see 4 mods released and the rest are updates so at a guess i'd say a lot more is sent back and never seen again than is released.
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I have no context on what OP is referring to.....but I'm curious to see where this goes lol
FTF
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Hope OP is not hoping an answer. If there's nothing to sell, they won't answer.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Funny thing is... I remember in 17 people were begging for more laxed standards so they could have a larger variety of (console) mods coming out at a faster rate.. pretty much the same argument for 19, at least in the beginning. Personally I have found very few mods that are straight up broken. Literally a few and only a few out of the hundreds of mods I have tried and even use in my games. Sure, some of them still need some polish but ultimately they did exactly as they claimed. I currently have 625 mods running in my active game.. every single one from modhub.. and not an issue. I think maybe just paying attention to what mods play well with each other might go a long way toward the problem(s).
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Instead of it being Giants fault, maybe it's the OP's fault for not vetting the mods that they download better. Yeah I went there. Test the mods you download instead of it being Giants fault all the time.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I like the way you said it better chedly
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Just remember modders put extreme amount of time into the mods and Giants does not have to test them for us. Also remember a simple spelling mistake in a xml file can cause a bug and its easy to do. By the way you may want to check how you spelled Giants.
fcdrifter13 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:30 pm So GAINTS, is everything ok?
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Has the OP ever tried to make a map or upload a mod for modhub?
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 pm Instead of it being Giants fault, maybe it's the OP's fault for not vetting the mods that they download better. Yeah I went there. Test the mods you download instead of it being Giants fault all the time.
OK so it is my fault for not making sure that a rehashed mod from fs11 ends up under another name on the modhub. That is the kind of short sighted thinking I would expect.
Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:37 pm Just remember modders put extreme amount of time into the mods and Giants does not have to test them for us. Also remember a simple spelling mistake in a xml file can cause a bug and its easy to do. By the way you may want to check how you spelled Giants.
fcdrifter13 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:30 pm So GAINTS, is everything ok?
The issue isnt them working or not. The issue is low quality, stolen outdated mods.
fcdrifter13

Post by fcdrifter13 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:45 pm Has the OP ever tried to make a map or upload a mod for modhub?
Yes ones that you have followed in the making process on at least 2 different discords.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Sadly despite everyone so far putting the blame on the OP, they are missing the point, he isn't completely wrong about Modhub.

In recent times the standard of mods submitted and being released has certainly been questionable.

There are mods currently on Modhub which are using stolen models that had no right to be uploaded to Modhub. Only because the original authors have long since left the FS community is the only reason they haven't been taken down as of yet, although this is something some of us are continuing to try and raise with GIANTS through Ambassadors, as when they can be bothered they are incredibly thorough in there testing.

There are also mods that while they may have passed GIANTS inconsistent testing, are something you would expect to see on modhub.us, which tells you all you need to know about those mods. 1 million bhp and 500m wide implements, and every colour config under the sun, plus don't forget to scale the tyres to a factor of 100 to really finish it off.

As for unfinished maps... that is a tricky one. Thanks to GIANTS agenda to promote the "build your own farm" side of the game since the beginning of Fs19, we have seen more and more "blank" maps being submitted to Modhub and while I understand their appeal to certain players they are so basic some could definitely call them unfinished.

For myself it definitely is disheartening to say the least to see the smallest of efforts or worse blatant model stealing being praised and supported. While I am all for encouraging more to start out modding I feel quality and original models should be where we place our support and praise.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Mattxjs

Post by Mattxjs »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 pm Instead of it being Giants fault, maybe it's the OP's fault for not vetting the mods that they download better. Yeah I went there. Test the mods you download instead of it being Giants fault all the time.
What an utterly, utterly, utterly, STUPID point. The whole point of the ModHub is that GIANTS only accepts original, non-stolen content. You're essentially saying that we, the community and consumers of such mods, should do their job for them. Granted, there's the occasional slip through the net, but let's just say the recent stolen models always seem to be from members of a South American country :hmm:
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

fcdrifter13 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:29 pm
Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:45 pm Has the OP ever tried to make a map or upload a mod for modhub?
Yes ones that you have followed in the making process on at least 2 different discords.
The reason I was asking because quite often questions like this get asked by guys who don’t even have a PC and as far as I’m concerned shouldn’t really be asking these sorts of questions, but since you yourself are a modder this put a more legitimate angle to your question and maybe now we have this knowledge the sarcasm from other comments should now show a bit more respect to your question
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw