WIP FS22 John Deere 5020

fcdrifter13

WIP FS22 John Deere 5020

Post by fcdrifter13 »

So instead of blowing up BulletBills discord with my relentless updates on my two mods I thought it would be a good idea to post them here as well. I will break them into two different threads so we can keep track of things. I am currently working on two mods a Pacific P16 Log truck and a John Deere 5020. I would like these threads to be open for everyone for when the mods are released on platforms there is a place that we can bug track the items.

In this thread I would like to talk about the 5020 and how I got where I am now. This project originally started as a modification to the already available 5020 from fs15 that has been ported a million times. I am using this tractor in my survival series and wanted to simply fix a few items. This has turned into a complete remodel and it is no longer the 5020 that is available. Almost every single thing about the old mod was well old, details were wrong, or missing, the model was low poly and did not work well in FS22. Scale was incorrect, and the custom tires were not too good.

So far I have completed the hood, frame, rear axle, 3pt, air filter vents, transmission, and rocker box. None of this has been textured yet and does not even have a AO applied. The XML is completely new and offer far more options than the original, from cab and fender options to engines. I have completed custom sounds for all 5 engine options and they are selected without having to change tractor types with custom sounds. This means that there is no clutter on the tractor page besides the one tractor.

The biggest change is going to be the wheatland config which does not allow a 3pt as it was not standard. This option also changes cabs as well with a couple not having a back panel as you enter from the rear.

Current plans
Console release

Custom sounds for 5 engine choices
8.7L stock JD engine, 8.7L Turbo Engine 7.6L engine from 4755, and a KINZE repower with a 8v71 2 stroke engine. and that engine with a turbo, from 125hp to 320hp

Many cab and fender options. Wheatland, Row Crop, Hiniker, Crenlo, Forestry, and others

A lot of wheel and tire options, not sure of the number but the usual suspects are here. No firestone, dont ask.

Future plans
Would like to make a custom silage cutter at some point

5030 config with FWA.

I guess everyone likes pictures

Current progress 10/11/22

This is with the old 3pt

If you all have any questions about this mod please feel free to ask. Lastly here is a video from about a week ago with the progress then

Survival Start of The Calm Lands. Currently have built homes for our workers, so we actually get workers.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H-DmlmlDQT