FS22 CropRotation - support thread

bodzio528

FS22 CropRotation - support thread

Post by bodzio528 »

Hi,

mod has been released, please post your feedback / upgrade proposals / bug reports here :)

Known issues:
* The synchronization between server and client is buggy, thus the client may not receive correct crop rotation history (all field set to fallow).
wedel

Re: FS22 CropRotation - support thread

Post by wedel »

Just wanna say a BIG THANX for your mod!
It adds so much to the game!!! 👍
foreverls

Post by foreverls »

Hello,
first of all thanks for the super mod, now my question:
Where are the previous fruits stored, where are on the display,
on our server the fruits change with every join

Hallo,
erstmal vielen Dank für den super mod, nun meine Frage:
Wo werden die frühere Früchte, wo auf dem Display stehen gespeichert,
bei uns auf dem Server wechseln die Früchte bei jedem joinen
schusdi

Post by schusdi »

Hello. I am playing on a Dedicated Server with my friends and this mod is perfect since we love to play as realistic as possible. But we have one problem. Everytime someone rejoins the server the crop rotation history is randomly mixed and if i harvest my crops they wont appear in the crop rotation history as well. This only happens on dedicated servers. In single and normal multiplayer the mod works as it should. I hope someone can help me or the mod will get an update. Best regards
ravensview

Post by ravensview »

I like this concept, and it is well implemented so far.
But I am playing MP on Edgewater, which has new crops, such as Flax, Lentils, and Peas. I don't want to just try to edit them into the Crops.xml, as I don't really know which one trumps the other, or how many cycles each one needs to wait. It would be nice if map developers included a custom crops file for their map - sort of a partnership with you. Just a thought.

Edit - one of my fellow players in the Edgewater Discord has edited the Crops.XML to support additional crops, including rules like 'Canola dn Flax can never follow each other'. Works well so far on my map.
ravensview

Post by ravensview »

I'm seeing the same problem on our dedicated server - previous crops seem to get scrambled.
ravensview

Post by ravensview »

This is the person that edited the Crops.XML for Edgewater crops. He's in South Sask Modding Discord as CheesyBlaster. Here's his Discord ID 813039893180579850
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

schusdi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 pm Hello. I am playing on a Dedicated Server with my friends and this mod is perfect since we love to play as realistic as possible. But we have one problem. Everytime someone rejoins the server the crop rotation history is randomly mixed and if i harvest my crops they wont appear in the crop rotation history as well. This only happens on dedicated servers. In single and normal multiplayer the mod works as it should. I hope someone can help me or the mod will get an update. Best regards
Hi, I have additional question about non-dedicated multiplayer.

When other people are joining your server, do they see the exact same crop history as you do?
If they run harvesting operation, is the crop history updated correctly?
Mysticalmaid

Post by Mysticalmaid »

Just adding this for feedback.

I'm a single player and also have issues with the crop history getting scrambled each time I play. I'm playing on Old Stream Farm.
SpiderPositiveKi

Post by SpiderPositiveKi »

This is one of my favourite mods but since I've started a server I cannot use it anymore, such a shame. Does anyone have a fix for this?
schusdi

Post by schusdi »

bodzio528 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 3:11 pm
schusdi wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 pm Hello. I am playing on a Dedicated Server with my friends and this mod is perfect since we love to play as realistic as possible. But we have one problem. Everytime someone rejoins the server the crop rotation history is randomly mixed and if i harvest my crops they wont appear in the crop rotation history as well. This only happens on dedicated servers. In single and normal multiplayer the mod works as it should. I hope someone can help me or the mod will get an update. Best regards
Hi, I have additional question about non-dedicated multiplayer.

When other people are joining your server, do they see the exact same crop history as you do?
If they run harvesting operation, is the crop history updated correctly?
No they dont. And no its not updated correctly. It would be very nice if you can fix this problem soon. I already tried to fix it myself but i couldnt do it :/
bodzio528

Post by bodzio528 »

Hi, version 2.5.0.0 is going to be released soon, but unfortunately, I have overlooked a typo in code that causes unpleasant outcome. I've made fix for that on GitHub already, downloadable here (mod is PC-only anyway)

https://github.com/bodzio528/FS22_CropR ... 0.1-hotfix

In order to fix that old issue with crop map synchronization, I had to rewrite all data storage containers, which has sad sideeffect of resetting all crop rotation history to Fallow/Fallow on old saves. New saves will have randomized history as usual.

For anyone not bothered by multiplayer, here is older version still available for download
https://github.com/bodzio528/FS22_CropR ... g/v2.1.0.3
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Hi, thank you for this mod! However I am unable to wake up from sleeping when using it on Upper Miss. River Valley
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....
HabibiBlokksberg

Post by HabibiBlokksberg »

ChiefScotty420 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:07 pm Hi, thank you for this mod! However I am unable to wake up from sleeping when using it on Upper Miss. River Valley
The fix is above your post. :mrgreen:
ChiefScotty420
1. Verwarnung

Post by ChiefScotty420 »

Oh sorry, I thought the fix was only for whatever 'map synchronization' is :) I will try it, thank you!
PC. Modded. Still holding my breath for soilmod....