FS + Construction Sim = ?

Riven326

Re: FS + Construction Sim = ?

Post by Riven326 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:13 pm No sounds terrible, rather push a button for a house to spawn. Also I don't want maintenance simulator in fs either, like changing oil or a tire like car simulator.
Why not have options like seasons mode? You can toggle it on or off. If anything, I think the lack of depth regarding machine maintenance makes this less of a simulator and more of an arcade experience.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:56 pm Quite honestly this is already part of the problem why Farming Simulator is going nowhere.

It's become a jack of all trades and a master of none. You can't do a fantastic job of every game aspect, instead like Battlefield the game mechanics are average to poor across the board.

Farm Sim is diversifying too much for my liking, productions, placeables, forestry... while nice features are not what the core game should be about. The reason Farm Sim became such a success was not because it offered these niche features, it was because it was trying to simulate farming.

If this diversifying keeps on happening you'll just put more core fans off this game at a faster rate than GIANTS already are managing to do.

Every week I chat with various modders and players across various FS communities and the it's the same story all the time, less and less playtime if any of Fs22, a complete lack of motivation to keep modding for a game that is no longer enjoyable to play and immerse yourself in. Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.

Some of the newer players may have not burned themselves out yet, but more and more keep mentioning they are fed up with FS and taking breaks from the game.

Compared to the past where it was played almost continuously until the next version was released.
The PC elitism is something that should be beneath people in 2022. Consoles are just another way to play the game.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:48 pm Why not have options like seasons mode? You can toggle it on or off. If anything, I think the lack of depth regarding machine maintenance makes this less of a simulator and more of an arcade experience.
It would be implemented terrible and it is the worst part of farming. Like I said earlier, they need to finish or polish the ideas already in the game. The way it is now to fix up the equipment is fine.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

I personally like the way FS has expanded with forestry and production chains. I know many farmers that have expanded their farms to include things like bottling milk or making ice cream from their dairy herds or having their own butcher shop. I think the idea of having a carpentry shop to make furniture from the wood on your farm or a spinnery to create fabric from wool or cotton etc is just a natural progression. The things that I wish they would implement are more older machinery options and the animals having a difference between male, female, and young.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:56 pm Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.
Oh so sad to see someone upset and taking it out on others just because they’re fading into irrelevance. I know how you feel though I use to be able to throw a football a quarter mile, could have won state too if coach would have put me in would have gone pro.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Riven326 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:52 pm
BulletBill wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:56 pm Quite honestly this is already part of the problem why Farming Simulator is going nowhere.

It's become a jack of all trades and a master of none. You can't do a fantastic job of every game aspect, instead like Battlefield the game mechanics are average to poor across the board.

Farm Sim is diversifying too much for my liking, productions, placeables, forestry... while nice features are not what the core game should be about. The reason Farm Sim became such a success was not because it offered these niche features, it was because it was trying to simulate farming.

If this diversifying keeps on happening you'll just put more core fans off this game at a faster rate than GIANTS already are managing to do.

Every week I chat with various modders and players across various FS communities and the it's the same story all the time, less and less playtime if any of Fs22, a complete lack of motivation to keep modding for a game that is no longer enjoyable to play and immerse yourself in. Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.

Some of the newer players may have not burned themselves out yet, but more and more keep mentioning they are fed up with FS and taking breaks from the game.

Compared to the past where it was played almost continuously until the next version was released.
The PC elitism is something that should be beneath people in 2022. Consoles are just another way to play the game.
Plus, there are more moronic console sales of FS22 than there are PC elitist FS22 sales.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 am
BulletBill wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:56 pm
8-<snip>

Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.

<snip>
Plus, there are more moronic console sales of FS22 than there are PC elitist FS22 sales.
Do you have a source for that? I've looked a few times for sales figures on Farm Sim and not found any more than "... sources says"
Last edited by blue_painted on Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

I would have to agree with the majority on this thread. I think adding in more extra features before the existing features would be a mistake.
I buy Farming Simulator because I like farming. I like the addition of forestry, but I only really use it when cutting trees to expand farmland.
The addition of productions is a nice feature, but its not one that I use personally. I know that in previous games, mods like Global Company were popular and obviously Giants have simply incorporated this into the game. I am all for expanding the game, but as we know because of productions, now we have issues in selling crops, as some sales points can only take limited crops. This detracts from the farming experience.
I would much rather Giants spends time improving the excellent base that we have. I would like to see more variety of root crops. I would love to see the likes of soil compaction properly done, so that we would actually have a real reason to run flotation tires, or tracks. The weather should play a much bigger part, it would be good to see a unpredictable weather system, so that you really have to watch the weather and it would be possible to not always be able to get 100% yield every single year. I would like to see animals be given a complete overhaul. It would be great if rather than simply placing a pre made cow pen, that you could mark out any grass field with a cow nav mesh, then add in individual buildings to suit. Such as, once the field area was defined, you could then drive in a feed cart, or water trailer and as long as it was on the cow area, it would count towards food and water for the animals. Then if you want milk, you could add a milking parlour onto the cow nav mesh. This would allow much more farm flexibility and would be far more realistic. It would also mean that you would have to move your cows from field to field to get the best grass etc.
I would sooner see all these improvements long before we have to start worrying about building our own house, or paving roads or making septic tanks. Im sure features like these could come eventually, but not at the expense of core game mechanics.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

F.Y.I if you look at the road map on Construction simulator website they are talking about mod possibilities
XBOX/ FS22
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Peter Griffin wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:24 pm F.Y.I if you look at the road map on Construction simulator website they are talking about mod possibilities
It could be a potential competitor to FS if it did have mod support. I certainly would be more inclined to buy the game.

As for the topic at hand, it seems I am in the minority. I think FS has a solid foundation and could expand into construction. I don't think it would have a negative impact on other aspects of the game, just as forestry/logging has not negatively impacted the farming aspect.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

In 19, there was a PC mod map that you could dig and mine. Even if construction Sim has the ability to mod, they won't be a competitive to fs in the farming world.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:49 am
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:33 am
Do you have a source for that? I've looked a few times for sales figures on Farm Sim and not found any more than "... sources says"
Correction, I suspect there are more moronic console sales of FS22 than there are PC elitist FS22 sales.

I do not have access to their file cabinets, and so do not know their sale breakdown by platform..
Guil

Post by Guil »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:56 pm Not to mention a complete and utter frustration having to deal with the moronic console community.

Bit like that moronic claim you made that someone stole a script you had made? Funny thought that the script existed about a year before you claimed you had it wrote :lol:
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Funny when you consider that all the mods that the console user's keep asking for are created free of charge by the PC elitist.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Moronic console community?....guess I better get a PC before my I.Q plummets below 130. To call an entire community moronic is ....well... moronic