Field numbers swapping on farm land buy

toonfan7150

Field numbers swapping on farm land buy

Post by toonfan7150 »

Hi all

Not sure if i am missing something here or am just been silly. When i am on map mode on any of the maps and then i go to purchase farm land, when i click on farm land all the field numbers are swapping from where they were on the map over view to the land buy. ie say field 42 was in the top right hand corner and 21 bottom right, when you click on buy land those fields would be the other way round.

Has any one else had this? Am also on the new patch 1.8 not sure if this may have anything to do with it or not.
kahfs

Re: Field numbers swapping on farm land buy

Post by kahfs »

toonfan7150 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:35 am Hi all

Not sure if i am missing something here or am just been silly. When i am on map mode on any of the maps and then i go to purchase farm land, when i click on farm land all the field numbers are swapping from where they were on the map over view to the land buy. ie say field 42 was in the top right hand corner and 21 bottom right, when you click on buy land those fields would be the other way round.

Has any one else had this? Am also on the new patch 1.8 not sure if this may have anything to do with it or not.
I have not played the game for a while, but I recall reading something about an update on the use of farmland numbers. Farmland and field numbers are very different. One farmland can have a number of fields. I'm just guessing.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Yes, it's not a bug, it's a feature: fields got numbers, but the other buyable land not. This feature shows while buying a field or land all the IDs of the fields + land. This was added with the latest update and should help e.g. for modding.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
crash

Post by crash »

But why?
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

I think most of PC-players and modders need these numbers for lists and scripts or the Giants-Editor and so on ... at the end, even on consoles we can make fields on land and if we like to use lists/statistics we can use this numbers as an help.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

I still don't understand it myself, but it could be in relation with a fonction with the platinum expansion that Giants have not yet told us about.
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

Playing on Xbox Series x : Griffin Indiana 22
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Imagine, there will be only 3 fields, but 50 lands ... and there are special missions like find the dead tree or destroy the stone on the land 34 ..
MrMarcel5
GIANTS Software | QA Analyst

Post by MrMarcel5 »

There is the possibility that within one farmland are multiple fields, or none at all.
So the normal map Overview will show Field ID's while the Farmland view shows the farmland ID's

So on empty maps, like No Mans Land, you now see the ID's without the mapper having to imprint them manually on the MapOverview for example.
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

Out of all that is holy, why Marcel? You just bamboozled my brain! I'm gonna spend the next hour trying to figure out the what, when, who and why of that message. :confusednew:
Just another guy playing farm sim, at least until I'm allowed to go back to work.

crash

Post by crash »

I still think that fields should have the same number in both maps in the meny. Maybe a F prefix on fields and P for property on the rest. Its somewhat strange to look at when you first look at the main map and then push to buy farmlands and everything changes... It might come out better on a map that has everything numbered after the farmlands number. That way fields get whatever number they have in the farmlands buy map...
In Norway
crash

Post by crash »

Thinking ..... ☝️🤓

So seperating farmlands and fields... Does that mean i can buy a soilmap for just the field, and not the whole farmland? Afaik( i played yesterday and have no access to any computer atm😅) As it is now you buy a soilmap for the whole farmland, thus paying to much, since the field might be smaller..🤷
In Norway
Guil

Post by Guil »

You would expect vanilla maps would have matching farmland id's or close enough
Dan279

Post by Dan279 »

You would think so, I think that's what confused the heck out of people, even the YouTubers couldn't really explain it, so they kinda brushed it off real quick and hoped it would go unnoticed.

toonfan7150

Post by toonfan7150 »

Thanks all. Was wondering why this was happening never thought about the land part as well as the fields makes a lot of sense now it has been said.

Once again many thanks for the replies
canons

Post by canons »

I believe it is a bug, and I will try reinstalling the game and running the various updates provided by Giant one by one to find out which one is causing the problem.