This isn’t farming anymore.

Terrier930

This isn’t farming anymore.

Post by Terrier930 »

So I used to play this game for hours on end. Started out back in fs13. But I have to say what has happened. This game now seems production & pallet simulator. The cycle with seasons take months for anything to grow aswell. Haven’t played this game now for almost 6 months with the constant cycle of all the production chains. Has anyone else become bored now it seems we are a pallet and production facility game.
PrinceJesus84

Re: This isn’t farming anymore.

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

It's no different than other simulators. Take American Truck Simulator for example. You buy trucks, pick up trailers loaded with goods, and transport them to their destination for payment. In addition to that you can....never mind.
Sneaks

Post by Sneaks »

Nope I'm not bored..... Don't do production no one is forcing you. I have a couple of maps I play and it's only farming I don't do any productions on them. So if you just want to farm, just farm.. everyone has an option
Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
Honkyfarmer_v1010

Post by Honkyfarmer_v1010 »

I've seen mobile tycoon games that implement productions better than what we have currently. Can someone send Giants a PowerPoint on the "K.I.S.S. principle"?
FTF
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

You can make it as simple or as complex as you want it to be. I tried production chains with a couple of factories, and it got to be a drag- flatbed pallet delivery every day. Now I run some greenhouses for recurring income and spent the rest of my time farming. You can make your "month" as long or as short as you want, and just run the time scale on 360 when there's nothing going on. Fun all the time...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

If you play with the settings you can pretty much play exactly how it used to be, turn off seasons, set your time scale however you want. You can either not use productions or just set them to sell automatically. I'm not a huge fan of the production system but you can pretty much use it or not as you see fit.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I really dislike how they implemented productions they should have laid out a broader base into byproducts you can feed to cattle or different types of wood products like power poles or particle board. Then let the modders fill in the in between stuff. Unowned productions should also have either sold or given away (depending on its value as a byproduct) byproducts to be reused, fed out, or land applied as a contract. This would have opened up so much more ways to play and so many more contract styles rather than just moving pallets. But instead they implemented cake and dog toy pallets…. Swing and a miss
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Well to be fair a number of farms do run Thier own or use production facilities especially with potatoes
punchi

Post by punchi »

Dont use productions, simple as that. Farming is still the same
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:25 am Well to be fair a number of farms do run Thier own or use production facilities especially with potatoes
You are correct, and they added nothing for potatoes
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Sneaks wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:10 pm Nope I'm not bored..... Don't do production no one is forcing you. I have a couple of maps I play and it's only farming I don't do any productions on them. So if you just want to farm, just farm.. everyone has an option
Gnadenthal is perfect for playing like that, despite enough space to place every production building in the base game, year one pass, and modhub ... it just lends itself to straight farming as per earlier versions of the game (there's not even any woodland on it despite it being a Canadian map).
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

UncleRico wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:55 am
eric21 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:25 am Well to be fair a number of farms do run Thier own or use production facilities especially with potatoes
You are correct, and they added nothing for potatoes
We, the players, are supposed to all have our own potatoes already - potato PCs so that the consoles can keep pace with us.
:lol:
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

I also dislike production chains and this upcoming forestry dlc, since 99% of farmers around here do not do that, they mostly do arable farming, so i am playing with that playstyle.
Pallets, productions, forestry, i dont even touch that, not interested.
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

I was surprised to find out that I have played 1000 hours less on FS22 than the hours I played FS19 in the same time period. I am interested if others just find they are just playling less on FS22 than FS19. Later all.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

You do not need to use them, i remember FS19 also had similar mods, lot of them, these productions mods. Never used them, never liked them.
I think reason, most of these chains feel... uncomplete, the factories should be something going on inside, so you can see how they work at least.

I remember i read these forums in FS19 times and lot of people asked for these, so finally we got them.
Lucky they are optional, no need to use them, if you do not like them.