The Giant Sequoia: aka Giant Ripoff

Illinois Farmer

Re: The Giant Sequoia: aka Giant Ripoff

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Technically it is your game and you cut them down or just work around them.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:42 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:07 am
Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:33 pm They may be in Canada, but from those pictures they look like half the size.
https://vancouverislandview.com/explori ... od-forest/
Did you read that article? They literally said we thought ours were big until we saw the redwood Forrest in Northern California. Yes there are some big ones, but nothing in compared to California.
I guess we're done comparing the size of our trunks, you win. :lol:
FreakinCoolUsername

Post by FreakinCoolUsername »

njuska11 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:53 am
IceUul wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:24 am
crash wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:06 am They have pretty clearly stated that they are not to be chopped down..
Who stated? And where?
In a blog post. The tree species is endangered irl and they want you to plant this tree in order to repopulate the forest but they dont want you to cut it down. I guess they are trying to raise awareness about this tree species.
Lol, i cut them all down and replanted pines, more cost effective also redwoods are still logged on a gular basis irl.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:21 pm
Did you read that article? They literally said we thought ours were big until we saw the redwood Forrest in Northern California. Yes there are some big ones, but nothing in compared to California.
Bruhh i know right. Ive never seen a debate about someones trees! Thats just funny! :lol:
Ice_boii :gamer:
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Decriptus wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:28 pm Weeds and rocks are a part of farming (which both can be disabled) Clogging up a large chunk of a forestry map with useless trees which you can't disable....
Useless trees or protected trees are both apart of logging. They can also be cut down and removed without penalty
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:01 pm

Bruhh i know right. Ive never seen a debate about someones trees! Thats just funny! :lol:
Yeah, he's a strange one. I was just offering some info on the Canadian trees, and he turned it into a competition. He's still my friend though.
ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:31 am
ice_boii_1207 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:01 pm

Yeah, he's a strange one. I was just offering some info on the Canadian trees, and he turned it into a competition. He's still my friend though.
Haha. Now everyone can argue about the size of their trees
sequoiahunter

Post by sequoiahunter »

loki_79 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:26 pm
    SimpleFarmer wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:14 am The first tree I harvested was a giant sequoia thinking with how large they were I would make a decent return. It took forever to cut all the limbs off, and then each of the 4 pieces I cut it into were so heavy the loader could hardly lift it. I could only bring 2 pieces at a time because they took up the whole log trailer. Then when I finally got it to the mill it was only 2800L of wood for the whole thing. For reference, usually a load of logs that heavy is at least 10,000L. I need to do some better calculations but the short story here is that the giant sequoias are giant ripoffs.
    I made this for you! https://github.com/loki79uk/FS22_BlackMarket/releases

Please try and let me know if you prefer different values.
    Maaateeeeee. How the fu** do I get this badboi installed. I can see it in my downloaded mods however it won't give me the option to load with the game. Ive just thrown the zip and files all straight into the mods folder.
    chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Giants: Here is a new cool Logging DLC featuring our awesome logging physics. Look at all these cool new logging tools you can use.

Also Giants: Don't cut those trees down.
    Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
    Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Giants logic:. Introduce 4 new tree types (yay!!!) Also 2 of them are worthless (booooo!)
    loki_79

Post by loki_79 »

sequoiahunter wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:10 am Maaateeeeee. How the fu** do I get this badboi installed. I can see it in my downloaded mods however it won't give me the option to load with the game. Ive just thrown the zip and files all straight into the mods folder.
    Delete the files you downloaded before (probably the source code). You need the link that says "FS22_BlackMarket.zip".

Direct link here: https://github.com/loki79uk/FS22_BlackM ... Market.zip
    TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:11 pm
    The FarmSim Guy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:15 am Nothing beats doing a bit of research first.
    You think that's such a smart answer to these problems. But as someone who has introduced this game to 3 ppl I know personally, this is a big pain in the rear. Giants does a horrible job of explaining facets of the game to those who dont follow blogpost' or the forum. I am constantly answering questions to help these folks who have played from 3 months to 3 years.
    FarmSim Guy's reply still holds authority - do you have any idea how many people he's introduced to this game via his Youtube channel?
    My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
    My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
    UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:58 pm
    FarmSim Guy's reply still holds authority - do you have any idea how many people he's introduced to this game via his Youtube channel?
    Pretty sure giants themselves acknowledged this was an issue they were going to work on in the lead up to this game. So whatever “authority” comes with a Richard answer like research it is a real badge of honor. Not everyone is a farm sim super fan and hunts down every spoken word about the game. I swear ninety percent of the people who play this game are so wrapped up in their love of it they’re completely delusional about hard it can be to find information about this game that’s not presented in an hour long video doing or saying ridiculous things intended to make children giggle.
    Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

TheGazbeard wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:58 pm
    Honkyfarmer_v1010 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:11 pm
    The FarmSim Guy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:15 am Nothing beats doing a bit of research first.
    You think that's such a smart answer to these problems. But as someone who has introduced this game to 3 ppl I know personally, this is a big pain in the rear. Giants does a horrible job of explaining facets of the game to those who dont follow blogpost' or the forum. I am constantly answering questions to help these folks who have played from 3 months to 3 years.
    So giving smart a$$ , short, snide replies is authority?

It cracks me up how some of you come on here and dig up stuff from a month ago. Also how you guys treat YouTube content creators like demigods whenever the only thing keeping them off of onlyfans is that they're too ugly
    ice_boii_1207

Post by ice_boii_1207 »

Why you gotta talk about if there ugly? Thats pretty messed up.