The shimmer of grass and trees

wadim999

The shimmer of grass and trees

Post by wadim999 »

Help!!!!!!!!
I don't know what to do anymore, trees and grass are flickering, in autumn and winter, I've tried everything, I've updated all the settings, I've turned smoothing on and off, I've tried everything, I'm still flickering, is this the way the game is made, or am I doing something wrong?
Drivers , mods , and removed everything and put it again , which I do not know about the game !!!!!
njuska11

Re: The shimmer of grass and trees

Post by njuska11 »

Did you turn off shader preloading in nvidia control panel?
wadim999

Post by wadim999 »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:43 pm Did you turn off shader preloading in nvidia control panel?
yes, and turned it on and off
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

wadim999 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:32 pm
njuska11 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:43 pm Did you turn off shader preloading in nvidia control panel?
yes, and turned it on and off
That worked for me strange it didint for you
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I don't see any option for this in my Nvidia Control Panel
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

wadim999 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:41 pm Help!!!!!!!!
I don't know what to do anymore, trees and grass are flickering, in autumn and winter, I've tried everything, I've updated all the settings, I've turned smoothing on and off, I've tried everything, I'm still flickering, is this the way the game is made, or am I doing something wrong?
Drivers , mods , and removed everything and put it again , which I do not know about the game !!!!!
This is not a driver level issue, this is at it's core a Giants engine problem, probably because of occlusion culling.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

What helped me was to set the month manually. So the problem lies somewhere in where the game changes from one month to the next, loads in the new graphic for the trees and bushes, but then doesn't dump the old graphic. So now it switches back and forth between the old and new graphic and due to your framerate you now have flickering trees. If you manually set the month, then it will dump the graphic for the previous month and load the - static - new one.
wadim999

Post by wadim999 »

Dim67 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:34 pm What helped me was to set the month manually. So the problem lies somewhere in where the game changes from one month to the next, loads in the new graphic for the trees and bushes, but then doesn't dump the old graphic. So now it switches back and forth between the old and new graphic and due to your framerate you now have flickering trees. If you manually set the month, then it will dump the graphic for the previous month and load the - static - new one.
So constantly changing the months manually is a mockery.
wadim999

Post by wadim999 »

And will the developers solve this problem, or will we stay with it forever, if they don't, we need to change the game
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Had the same problem

I get the flickering when I'm using the Hardware Profile of High, but if I use the Hardware Profile of Very High the flickering goes away, or if go with Hardware Profile of High, and just turn up Shading Rate to very high fixes the problem.
Wezza

Post by Wezza »

Point directx to 10 not 11 that fixed it for me. Do a search on that and it will tell you how to do it.