Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

Lazarus99

Re: Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

Post by Lazarus99 »

Once it becomes sentient......look out y'all
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

Cmtaylor wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:07 pm And ive stopped playing altogether.
Ok then why are you here exactly?
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Dim67 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:25 pm
Cmtaylor wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:07 pm And ive stopped playing altogether.
Ok then why are you here exactly?
Maybe like me, he/she's hoping for a Christmas miracle.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

They haven't done anything to the ai?
Changelog says otherwise atleast

Farming Simulator 22 Update 1.8.2
Improved AI “Drive To” behavior

Patch 1.8.1.0
Fixed issues with AI driving into water
Fixed AI turning with Einböck PNEUMATICSTAR-PRO

Patch 1.7.0.0
Fixed AI with turned cabin on Claas Xerion 5000

You can go further back and see more too.....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

But still you click on a worker that is parked on the main road on the Silverun forest for example, set destination and it just doens't work! No matter what destination you choose it just wont move.

AI is a joke in this game and it will probably never be fixed. You'd need some competent developers for that.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

It’s the strangest thing. On Iowa plains. I had no problem at all and then an update happened and they couldn’t seem to drive anywhere. Seemed to take more room on a turn than needed when leaving the field or yard. There also seem to always be a power pole in the way when they were attempting the turns.
I would say 6 out of 10 time they could go from the yard to the store without a problem.
But to haul grain from the field to the yard, or from the yard to the elevator, seem to be a constant problem.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

I remember reading in one of the FS22 announcements, I think it was on Steam, that the AI was SELF-LEARNING. Haha, no. All the ai/helper does is go from point A to point B along a set route of splines like tram trails. Anyone that uses Auto-Drive, Courseplay and Vehicle Control Addon knows this. Although these mods are made by modders, they basically use the same system the game uses.

I think the biggest issue with the ai working a field is the way it makes a turn and how it deals with headlands. So you have to do some prep-work to make sure the area is clear or youre gonna have issues. The best you can do is invest some time and learn how above mentioned mods work and your game will be so much better. I never have any problems with the helpers.

Setting up a good route does take some time but is very fun and rewarding. Currently on Silverrun I have a logging gameplay loop set up where all I do is cut down trees and load containers and have trucks running to the drop point, pick up a new container at the store and come back to the logging site. It all goes so smooth and fast I cant even keep up with tree harvesting. I have traffic enabled, but I do have the train-stop mod and park the train out of the way, because the many railroad crossings do cause issues with Autodrive and the train will send your truck flying. But other than that I never have any issues.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Is the FS22 AI better than FS19, yes. Is it anywhere as good as it should be, no. The AI is the way it is because they don't care. It is the minimum viable product to get by on the game.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I’ve never really had any issue with the worker doing field work. Maybe I’ve struggled and fought with them long enough that I “know what I’m doin”.
I do wish with the console world, that we could see the splines. That way we could choose this or that, which ever one will be the most productive
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

They have been like this for years and every time Giants say they are a work in progress , Not seen any signs of progress since Fs15
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Bobble2020 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:51 pm They have been like this for years and every time Giants say they are a work in progress , Not seen any signs of progress since Fs15
So that they mow can drive to a field and start fieldwork, haul grain ect Isn’t an improvement from fs15?

Yeah, right, you're either blind, a troll or full of bs.
Beanbrother wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 pm Snipp........
I do wish with the console world, that we could see the splines. That way we could choose this or that, which ever one will be the most productive

That is actually a very good idea, toggle in options the same way as we have for info triggers etc.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

Wow Noraf for you to call me blind a troll or full of ******** instead of just making your reply makes you look even worse TBH . End of my comments to you ,
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:56 pm
Bobble2020 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:51 pm They have been like this for years and every time Giants say they are a work in progress , Not seen any signs of progress since Fs15
So that they mow can drive to a field and start fieldwork, haul grain ect Isn’t an improvement from fs15?

Yeah, right, you're either blind, a troll or full of bs.
Beanbrother wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:35 pm Snipp........

That is actually a very good idea, toggle in options the same way as we have for info triggers etc.
Correcting your sentence for you.
So that they mow (sometimes, and under ideal circumstances, and with a bit of luck), can drive to a field and start fieldwork (after you do about 15 headlands, sometimes, and under ideal circumstances, and with a bit of luck), haul grain ect Isn’t an improvement from fs15?
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

What you all what is actually possible in Autodrive + Courseplay.
I manage 6 tractors with those 2 programs, i have recorded a road to each field and working course in CP, i send a worker with AD and CP will take over once the tractor reach the field.
Its possible to automate your farm and just watch and enjoy, basically like Farming Manager 22 for people who enjoy tycoon playstyle.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

What you all what is actually possible in Autodrive + Courseplay.
Fine if you are on PC, unfortunately not a soloution for the players on Consoles