Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

Bocephus80

Re: Why is the AI so unbelievably bad?

Post by Bocephus80 »

Giants needs to talk to AJ farmer(Griffin, IN) about how to set up AI splines. His just works. No delay. No lag while worker is sitting there getting his $hit together
PS4Pro
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

I've given up. Griffin works best but I'm sick of Griffin (no offense to AJ). I'm tired of turning down other maps solely on the AI. Hands down the biggest letdown for me on 22. Such a half implemented feature. Coupled with the fact they should have been showering modders with info on how maximize the workers in mod maps.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

I think people expect too much of the ai, I hardly ever have a problem with using helpers. If you play long enough you start to know their capabilities and what you have to look out for. Last night I was harvesting Sorgum on a huge field. I had 5 helpers going at the same time with me switching between them for minor adjustments or taking the harvest to the silo or filling up lime or fertilizer. So I had a harvester, tractor with trailer, a tractor with plow to start plowing the part that was harvested, after him I had a lime tractor going and behind him a fertilizer and then a guy with a seeder. So basically 6 vehicles doing work on full automatic. Couple that with mods like SpeedSync and Follow Me and it made for some amazing and fun gameplay.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

Dim67 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:42 pm I think people expect too much of the ai, I hardly ever have a problem with using helpers. If you play long enough you start to know their capabilities and what you have to look out for. Last night I was harvesting Sorgum on a huge field. I had 5 helpers going at the same time with me switching between them for minor adjustments or taking the harvest to the silo or filling up lime or fertilizer. So I had a harvester, tractor with trailer, a tractor with plow to start plowing the part that was harvested, after him I had a lime tractor going and behind him a fertilizer and then a guy with a seeder. So basically 6 vehicles doing work on full automatic. Couple that with mods like SpeedSync and Follow Me and it made for some amazing and fun gameplay.
We are talking about ai drivers and splines for the workers "go to function". Also I'm on console. Follow me feature would be much better than this stuff ai worker system we got
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Noob Question. After finding this tread I have discovered that Courseplay is a mod, but what is autodrive? I dont see it as a mod or is it part of Courseplay?

Actually the AI in the iPhone version of FS 16 was quite good. it had some issues but it was manageable. Helpers could use a loading wagon or a baler after a windrow. But that went away with the next version.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Helazak wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:59 pm Noob Question. After finding this tread I have discovered that Courseplay is a mod, but what is autodrive? I dont see it as a mod or is it part of Courseplay?

Actually the AI in the iPhone version of FS 16 was quite good. it had some issues but it was manageable. Helpers could use a loading wagon or a baler after a windrow. But that went away with the next version.
It us a mod not available as yet on the modhub but you can download if from their Github page.

https://github.com/Stephan-S/FS22_AutoDrive