Screen flicker

skenzer

Screen flicker

Post by skenzer »

So I've been experiencing screen flickering for a while now. Not sure exactly when it started but it's quite obvious.
The only way I have been able to stop the flickering is by hitting F3 which unlocks the framerate. I have tried disabling DLAA and using TAA, locking in a higher framerate, enabling Vsync along with other graphics adjustments. Latest GPU drivers installed.

I see others reporting this issue with some finding "fixes" while others just dealing with it. Anybody have any idea as to why this happening? I've read that it is most common with RTX series cards. It's a Steam based game.

PC Specs:
Windows 11
Nvidia RTX 3080
AMD Ryzen 9 5900
Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570
32 GB Ram
WD Black SSD (game installed on this drive)

-brad
Farming since 2013
crash

Re: Screen flicker

Post by crash »

Pretty sure its in the game engine. Has to do with TIme(clock) shadows and seasons IMO. If you lock you month in the options, and it can be the same moths as you are in atm, the flickering close to you goes away. But the flickering in the distance is still there..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

crash wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:50 am Pretty sure its in the game engine. Has to do with TIme(clock) shadows and seasons IMO. If you lock you month in the options, and it can be the same moths as you are in atm, the flickering close to you goes away. But the flickering in the distance is still there..
Hey Crash, thanks for reply. I've been reading some more on this and sounds like you're probably right. Makes me wish that Giants would put more effort into optimizing and correcting issues like this instead of adding more to the game. But game additions sell more copies I guess.
Happy farming :-)
Farming since 2013
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

A quick update for anyone interested.
I went ahead and disabled G-sync, figuring this appears to be a refresh rate issue or something related to that. Since disabling G-sync I haven't noticed any screen flickering at all. I'm not certain if that points to an Nvidia driver issue or not Since FS22 is the only game I experienced the flickering with.
I will continue to report back with any new updates or other findings.
Farming since 2013
Joël

Post by Joël »

skenzer wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:16 am A quick update for anyone interested.
I went ahead and disabled G-sync, figuring this appears to be a refresh rate issue or something related to that. Since disabling G-sync I haven't noticed any screen flickering at all. I'm not certain if that points to an Nvidia driver issue or not Since FS22 is the only game I experienced the flickering with.
I will continue to report back with any new updates or other findings.
This worked for me!! Thnx!
Godsjobsagoodun

Post by Godsjobsagoodun »

Thank you, this has worked for me too.
Lelonek

Post by Lelonek »

In case someone wonders, it works with FreeSync (AMD) too.