Modding

Rino93

Modding

Post by Rino93 »

Hello everyone, I wanted to start a very important discussion in this topic, first of all I would like to understand why mods not related to agriculture are published in the modhub and modders that bring quality in this game are penalized, it is true that the modders are leaving this world because I am not valued well, this evolution of the game is already a few chapters of Game-siulator for agriculture, or they forgot about it, or they still wanted to get to such antics for us, a fantastic game today for them. Do you want to make a modhub with stuff that has nothing to do with it? Do it..
But at the same time those who bring content that make you sell the various DLC of agricultural stuff reward them properly .. Increase the reward if the content is consistent, give greater visibility to consistent mods, obscure certain mods, remove the reward.. and so on.. you can do so many things even in favor of converting those modders who do ******** into modders who do agricultural stuff..

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
eric21

Re: Modding

Post by eric21 »

Don't forget modders who are just starting out will make anything they want or sometimes people want a fire truck in the game because why not? Let modders make what they want
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Variety is what makes things enjoyable, I'd encourage ANY type of mods, even if I'd never use them personally. The only caveat/disclaimer I'd add to that, is that they should be properly categorised so they are easy to find and/or avoid depending on people's tastes. I have no use for a scooter or a limo or a hoverboard.... but if that's a first attempt at modding for someone, they could well end up making something I will LOVE somewhere down the line.
Rino93

Post by Rino93 »

Maybe you didn't understand, here it's about the longevity of the game, and here it gains House software in the first place, if useless mods pass like the drone that doesn't make sense on such a game. The giants so can lose future customers who are passionate about agriculture
Zero76Gaming

Post by Zero76Gaming »

Rino93 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:59 pm if useless mods pass like the drone that doesn't make sense on such a game.
Just FYI drones are being used in agriculture in real life.
Last edited by Zero76Gaming on Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

I’m still not sure why everyone is upset at modders for this when giants added cake baking, boat building, and roller coaster making. When it comes to mods who cares what they make just don’t use the ones you don’t like. If you make an Uber popular mod congrats who cares if it a drone (which 100% has agricultural applications). The last thing we need is someone from giants saying what does and doesn’t make the in game hub anyways after roller coaster tycoon dlc. Lastly for all the people who think this way ask yourself, do you really think someone who’s playing this game for a fire truck cares about a vineyard dlc? Or a Claas 780 combine in American colors? No they don’t and the mentality that offering one rather than the other will increase downloads is stupid and acts as if the console community is a herd of cattle with no other form of entertainment in their life so they will have to download whichever mod is available to help them battle the extreme boredom rather than just not playing this game anymore and playing a different one. There’s a ton of holes in the game that people beg to have filled on a regular basis if you want to be a very popular modder with tons of downloads start making what people want rather than what you want, otherwise accept people might not like your work as much as you do and keep doing your own thing. Either way there’s options just go make a 4440, a 1070, a 1086, or anything with the amity brand and tell me agriculture isn’t popular with the player base.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

I see most of the "useless" mods you speak of as roleplay mods which I do a lot of. My son turns 16 and wants a car....I buy him a road rage and set a worker to drive it around from time to time. My daughter wants a hover board for Christmas....the mods aren't useless, you just have a limited imagination
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

eric21 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:36 pm Don't forget modders who are just starting out will make anything they want or sometimes people want a fire truck in the game because why not? Let modders make what they want
I'm going to agree with Eric here. Modders come and modders go. New modders will tend to make easy things get to understand the process.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Also important to note, modders are rewarded for mods on the modhub.......
The amount one gets have a formula to it, that I honestly haven't bothered to look at, as I don't have any mods on there, and don't plan to submit any either. But modders with popular mods gets more as I have understood it.

In other words, modders aren't penalized, but rather rewarded.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Mods are optional, and you don't have to download them.
When you go to a grocery store, you don't typically buy everything they have to offer.

FS is becoming more like Walmart, where there are different and unrelated features, but the mods are still optional.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

As long as oddball mods are not pushing out the farming focused mods on the hub, idgaf. That's my stance on modders and mods. If it becomes overwhelming with off the wall mods and hardly farm focused mods then that's my cue to seek an exit from this genre. Giants doing it is aggravating because theres other farming aspects that the game could do a better job of or some things needing added to the farming experience.
Rino93

Post by Rino93 »

Even today the modhub has released a shopping cart, good giants, you waste your time testing these useless mods, the community does not accept all this. Farming Simulator is not Gta giants, test the mods inherent in the game and that's it
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Rino93 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:00 pm Even today the modhub has released a shopping cart, good giants, you waste your time testing these useless mods, the community does not accept all this. Farming Simulator is not Gta giants, test the mods inherent in the game and that's it
I don't think "the community" much cares.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Thoughts from the new guy. I don't think the problem is the type of mods, but the ability to sort through the many mods. If ModHub had a better lay out you, could easily limit the mods to the ones you are interested in. But there are other threads on ModHub improvement.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Stop speaking for the community. Sure, shopping carts etc are not for me, but I have no problem with them being there for others. I don't listen to any of the in-game music, but I'm not berating Giants for "wasting" time putting it in the game. The world doesn't revolve around me, nor does it around you.