Modding

njuska11

Re: Modding

Post by njuska11 »

Well if the trend with firetrucks and shopping carts become more popular even more then we can expect more of the stuff like SMI modding deciding to stop releasing mods. Thing is when you make highly detailed realistic mods that require ton of work and then get paid by giants same amount as someone who made the firetruck for a farming game that is not as detailes and well modeled you simply lose motivation to try hard and make quality mods. Thats atleast what is the problem for SMI is and i know more and more modders are speaking about this both in eu and na community.
UncleRico

Post by UncleRico »

Maybe that means it’s time to make a fire truck or at least something more popular
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 pm Well if the trend with firetrucks and shopping carts become more popular even more then we can expect more of the stuff like SMI modding deciding to stop releasing mods. Thing is when you make highly detailed realistic mods that require ton of work and then get paid by giants same amount as someone who made the firetruck for a farming game that is not as detailes and well modeled you simply lose motivation to try hard and make quality mods. Thats atleast what is the problem for SMI is and i know more and more modders are speaking about this both in eu and na community.
But unless the same amount of people download both those mods, (and give same rating I belive,) they do not get paid the same.

And if just as many like both mods, I would say it's room for both, right?

And if you aim for fs to be your primary source of income....... well, good luck
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
dirt88

Post by dirt88 »

are giants on vacation this week or something?
Alegiullare

Post by Alegiullare »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 pm Well if the trend with firetrucks and shopping carts become more popular even more then we can expect more of the stuff like SMI modding deciding to stop releasing mods. Thing is when you make highly detailed realistic mods that require ton of work and then get paid by giants same amount as someone who made the firetruck for a farming game that is not as detailes and well modeled you simply lose motivation to try hard and make quality mods. Thats atleast what is the problem for SMI is and i know more and more modders are speaking about this both in eu and na community.
Do you understand well that the ultimate goal is not to give more quality but to think you deserve to earn more? I assume that earnings are based on downloads and a merit-based system would create even more disappointment as discussions would arise about who deserves more or less. According to this reasoning, whoever creates a map must earn more than someone who makes a vehicle because he has more work? Basically what you are asking is a censorship of certain mods to benefit others, I don't think it's the right thing to do
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Giants adds non-farming stuff to the game, so why would they stop moddes from doing the same?
They don't care about farming. They care about appealing to as many people as possible.
In Farming Simulator, you can build a roller coaster. Might as well drive a fire truck too.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

Sorry, perhaps i' m stupid but i can't build a rollercoaster or a boat, i can only deliver some wood based parts to these places but i build nothing.
Rino93

Post by Rino93 »

I see that someone thinks like me, already this could displease everyone if the big modders left the game, a big loss for the whole community, and it's not that I'm just talking about this Modus operandi Giants that is going off track of the game by releasing these mods, that you actually don't do anything
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I'm no modder and I can only speak from my experience as a part of the FS community for 10+ years. So take the statement below with a big IMHO disclaimer.

It feels like people telling modders what they should or shouldn't or what mods to release or not do is a greater deterrent than other modders releasing (according to some) irrelevant mods.