Graphics FS22

Cbgamingyt3

Graphics FS22

Post by Cbgamingyt3 »

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxrDmn-_PzSI ... 5cfAuunaER

I run FS22 on ultra with a RTX 3070ti and a Ryzen 5800x. I have been noticing that the graphics do not look to good in the distance sometimes the trees flicker on the game and sometimes the game looks terrible afar. I have provided a video of what it looks like thank y’all!
Laughinggravy

Re: Graphics FS22

Post by Laughinggravy »

Cbgamingyt3 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:47 am https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxrDmn-_PzSI ... 5cfAuunaER

I run FS22 on ultra with a RTX 3070ti and a Ryzen 5800x. I have been noticing that the graphics do not look to good in the distance sometimes the trees flicker on the game and sometimes the game looks terrible afar. I have provided a video of what it looks like thank y’all!
I found this quite useful when i upgraded my PC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oYBFXpQsMU&t=355s
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Cbgamingyt3 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:47 am https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxrDmn-_PzSI ... 5cfAuunaER

Looks normal to me, FS22 does not have the best graphics of all games. The video is so much compressed by youtube, the quality and detail is lost anyway, so maybe you mean something else. Mapborders are lowres in FS22, looking awfull, also there is a lot of pop-in.
Nebraska Heartland

Post by Nebraska Heartland »

Does anyone have problems with how the decals and indoor emblems look blurry up close on all the vehicles once you get a few. I noticed it 1st in console and was hoping to avoid it once I got a pc but same thing. I do notice my console vehicles graphics look better after Giants did a patch for the older gen consoles. But for some reason my graphics on pc still are not the best. I think otherwise my graphics look outstanding from a far visual aspect. I get tree flickering as the same. And my vehicle decals look blurry up close. I personally think some of the flickering comes from when the trees are about to change with the season since I’m in winter right now on my Hannah Indiana map and don’t experience any flickering at all but does seem really bad in fall.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

It's the game engine they use. If Giants were using Unreal Engine 5, many of the graphical issues would go away and it would probably run better, too. Not sure how that would affect modding though. Might not bee worth the trade off.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Not sure if mods would be the only issue using that.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The next iteration of the sim needs to have a complete visual overhaul. FS22 looked old when it was launched. Even though it does look better than FS19 I just can't get into its aesthetic. We need proper weather and lighting.

Has anything been said about the next version? It wouldn't surprise me if we see it sooner rather than later since FS22 seemed like a bit of a stop gap and correct the issues FS19 had.
Riven326 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:04 pm It's the game engine they use. If Giants were using Unreal Engine 5, many of the graphical issues would go away and it would probably run better, too. Not sure how that would affect modding though. Might not bee worth the trade off.
Its not possible. Giants have already said the sim would have to be completely rebuilt from the ground up and it would be a very different game. Unreal Engine 5 just isn't designed for sim type games. Map modders would have make their maps in UE5 and good luck with that happening with any great ease.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

Modders are the only thing keeping the game alive all these years. They're not going to risk losing the modders. Copy/paste is the direction the have always chose.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

Turn off DOF.

And I highly recommend Reshade. You can remove the DepthHaze, the overall green tint, use Levels for better contrast etc, Lumasharpen, turn down Vibrance etc. etc.

I am playing on Calmsden which has better lighting built in and with my Reshade settings it looks almost photo realistic and not that cartoony World of Warcraft look the base game maps have.

And running FS22 on an i5 and GTX1060 6Gb, so with your setup you should be able to get it looking pretty amazing.