$l10n Where is the File with all the referenzes?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
derdeinlein

$l10n Where is the File with all the referenzes?

Post by derdeinlein »

Hello,
i am working at a webpage, its showing many informations from a Multiplayer Savegame and help the Players to check their game without opening it.

At the moment i try to build an Information page about vehicles. Now in the XML of the basic (not modded) vehicles in the game there are entrys like:
<functions>
<function>$l10n_function_sprayer</function>
</functions>

So the $l10n is a reference to somewhere else and fills in whatever is written there about the function_sprayer.
I would realy like to paste the whole text into my Page! But i absolutely cant find the File in which the content of function_sprayer is written.

I searched in the game Location, in Documents, in the sdk and also in debugging zip file.

Any more ideas where i can find all Funktions of the Vehicles as written sentences?

Please help
Baustrahler

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
derdeinlein

Re: $l10n Where is the File with all the referenzes?

Post by derdeinlein »

Maybe there is a way to write a MOD?

a lua script with UI has to ask for these l10n translations to paste the correct text into the Shown GUI

wouldnt it be possible to write a lua, wich reads out all l10n entrys and write their translations into a text document or an xml?

i realy need these translations :(
Eische

Post by Eische »

The file is hidden in the encrypted data archive file.
Without special tools you will not be able to access this file.

The l10n_function_xxxx variable just contains the generic description you see in the in game vehicle shop in the top right corner. Not sure if this is super useful information you definitely need on your webpage.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
derdeinlein

Post by derdeinlein »

Eische wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:47 pm The l10n_function_xxxx variable just contains the generic description you see in the in game vehicle shop in the top right corner.
Exactly this!!! Thats what i need!

do you know the name of the tools i need to read them out? I think i can figure out how it works when i get some tutorials or Programms at hand!
Eische

Post by Eische »

You will probably find everything you need using google search.

Please understand that it is not a good idea to discuss breaking the encryption in the developers forum.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker