So can we expect more of this in future?

njuska11

So can we expect more of this in future?

Post by njuska11 »

Kinda have a feeling this might become a trend soon. And this is exactly what bullet bill have been pointing out before he left the scene forever couple of months ago. Image
Richard Dower

Re: So can we expect more of this in future?

Post by Richard Dower »

There is more to it then the debate about the direction the modhub has gone in, or the non farming mods...which, btw...you cam choose not to download.

The central theme of that press release is money, they want more financial compensation to publish on the modhub.. or else

Giants need to nip this in the bud and send a clear message.
Tazoslo

Post by Tazoslo »

Going in to modding is 100% volentarely. IF you do it, and dont like the way things are going, it still 100% volentarely to stop.

If the interest of the players are going in another direction then you like, you have 2 choices:
- Follow the players
- Stop modding

Just a bunch of dramaqueens trying to make them selves more important then they are....it comes downt to: its all about the money.
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

That Important News doesn't make sense.
The first sentence says they stopped publishing mods. Then it goes on to ask for money for their projects.
What is it with modders these days? Insulting players, asking players for money so they can upgrade their HW and SW.

Modding is supposed to be a hobby, and if you can't afford to do it, then find a cheaper hobby. Better yet, apply for those jobs that Giants has been advertising.
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Don't modders already get paid for mods depending on the rating? I know it's not a lot but they still get compensated. Just looked at modhub where the pack they referred to has a 4.8 rating with well over 100 votes....I'm failing to see what the fuss is about
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

PrinceJesus84 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:33 am That Important News doesn't make sense.
The first sentence says they stopped publishing mods. Then it goes on to ask for money for their projects.
What is it with modders these days? Insulting players, asking players for money so they can upgrade their HW and SW.

Modding is supposed to be a hobby, and if you can't afford to do it, then find a cheaper hobby. Better yet, apply for those jobs that Giants has been advertising.
It could be a grammatical error, but the first sentence is cast in past tense, so could the whole be read as: "We previously chose to stop publishing mods, but now we will publish if, and when, the mod projects are funded."
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I have some sympathy with the modders who want to publish farming related mods and find themselves lost in all the other non-farming things, but at the end of the day it is a voluntary occupation and, as they say, all good things come to an end .. including Farming Simulator.

I hadn't realised that BulletBill had really given up for good, does anyone have a reference for that?

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:05 pm
PrinceJesus84 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:33 am That Important News doesn't make sense.

It could be a grammatical error, but the first sentence is cast in past tense, so could the whole be read as: "We previously chose to stop publishing mods, but now we will publish if, and when, the mod projects are funded."
I think you're right, I misinterpreted the article. :blushnew:
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:14 pm I have some sympathy with the modders who want to publish farming related mods and find themselves lost in all the other non-farming things, but at the end of the day it is a voluntary occupation and, as they say, all good things come to an end .. including Farming Simulator.

I hadn't realised that BulletBill had really given up for good, does anyone have a reference for that?
Bullet bill is working on a new map last I heard. He posted here a while back trying to figure out a new lighting system
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Decriptus wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:37 pm
blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:14 pm I have some sympathy with the modders who want to publish farming related mods and find themselves lost in all the other non-farming things, but at the end of the day it is a voluntary occupation and, as they say, all good things come to an end .. including Farming Simulator.

Bullet bill is working on a new map last I heard. He posted here a while back trying to figure out a new lighting system
That's what I heard, apart from a rumour before Christmas that he had given up again.

PrinceJesus84

Post by PrinceJesus84 »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:39 pm
Decriptus wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:37 pm

That's what I heard, apart from a rumour before Christmas that he had given up again.
BB doesn't appear to be part of this forum any longer.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Where are all of these "not relate to farming" mods? I guess I don't see them because I don't look for them.

Blah, blah, blah... yet another modder got their feelings hurt because their stuff isn't as popular as others'. "We're going to hold our (unpopular) mods hostage until you pay us to release them on the modhub".
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

For years people have pushed the whole "modders make whatever they want don't request mods, if you don't like em don't download them." or whatever. This is a reasonable response. However the whole " download my mods and like them, and oh yeah, pay us for them. " They are trying to force players into liking and downloading their mods is an extreme position. If you are part of the if you don't like em don't download crowd then you don't get to criticize the players and then try and hide behind a paywall.
FS 22 and loving it.
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

This is ehr wat I see this. The letter states in bold letters A FUNDING FUND. This says I need/want money to create and release mods. Not surprised by this! I follow several modders who ask for donations. One in fact has gotten close to 10k in donation in 2022. You a;so have to think about this. How many mods has Giants used that were created by modders? Then put them in a game to make millions!
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

It seems like every year around the holidays there's some kind of story lol