Gamepad mapping is empty

general farmer

Gamepad mapping is empty

Post by general farmer »

Hello there, I'm on macOS and the game recognizes my Xbox One controller but the gamepad mapping is empty and for some reason I can't map the LT and RT buttons.
I tried every method including deleting the binding files and template files as well as .xml files but nothing works, I used steam and it didn't help too.
don_apple

Re: Gamepad mapping is empty

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

In order for others to be able to help you'll need to provide more information about your setup. Therefore please provide the log.txt file of the game here (see the link "log.txt" in my signature).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

There it is!!
Attachments
log.txt
(31.64 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

According to the log.txt the controller is not correctly detected as a gamepad by FS22:

Code: Select all

Input System
  Keyboard enabled
  Mouse enabled
  Gamepad/Joystick enabled
  Force Feedback enabled
  Devices:
    Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller (VID: 0B20 PID: 045E VER: FFFF Cat: UNKNOWN)
      Number of Axes: 4
      Number of Buttons: 20
If it was detected correctly you would see "Cat: GAMEPAD" instead of "Cat: UNKNOWN" at the end of the line showing the Controller.

Looking at the list of configuration files in the inputDevices I don't see a config file for the "Xbox Wireless Controller" and there is also no matching VID/PID for the controller in any of the config files there.

Therefore you would have to reach out to GIANTS and ask them if it is possible to add this controller to the list of supported controllers.

BTW. according to the log.txt your version of the game is a bit outdated:

Farming Simulator 22 (Steam)
  Version: 1.5.0.0 b17245
The current version is 1.8.2.0. Since you are using Steam the game should have been updated automatically, unless you specifically have turned off the automatic updates you should check in your Steam client why the updates don't get installed (one common issue on Steam is that people turn on "Beta access" for a game, but this will actually not give them the lates version in case of FS22).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

Thanks for your help but is it possible if I download that config file for Xbox One controller? because mine is just a regular Xbox One S controller and there are other people that play with Xbox controllers. I head if you get the config file from let's say someone that doesn't have that issue and put that file into the game directory it will be fixed.
And for the update, yes I forgot to update the game I don't usually update my app/games so that's why.
Also if I wanna reach out to GIANTS and ask them to support my controller what should I do?
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If somebody else has a config file that enables the game to detect the controller correctly you can put it in the inputDevicesManual folder inside the FarmingSimulator20220 folder.

If you want to contact GIANTS about this you should mention that the controller you are using is not detected correctly by the game and provide them with the piece of the log.txt I've shown above that shows the issue.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

okay thanks for the help I really appreciate it stay safe!!!!<3
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

I use this inputdevice file for my Xbox One S controller which is coupled with a Mac Mini M1
Place this file in this folder
..../FarmingSimulator2022/inputDevicesManual
XboxOneSController.xml
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
you can test your controller coupling with your mac with a web browser on this site:
[url]https://gamepad-tester.com/url]
to check if the triggers work with your MacOS version (I use MacOS Monterey)
FS19: Macbook
FS22: Mac mini M1
FS14, FS16, FS18, FS20: iPad

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

I put the file to inputDevicesManual but still it doesn't work and I test my controller every button and triggers work just fine.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The reason the file doesn't work is because the productId (PID) does not match the one of your controller.

Please try changing the "02FD" in the following line in the XboxOneSController.xml provided by Xinix to "0B20":

<productKey productId="02FD" vendorId="045E" /> <!-- Xbox One S wireless -->
Afterwards start the game while the controller is active, and then quit it again when you are in the main menu. Then check the log.txt to see if the controller is now listed and it says "Cat: GAMEPAD" in the line showing the controller.

If that is the case then remove the inputBinding.xml file from the FarmingSimulator2022 folder and then start the game again and check if all axis and buttons of the controller work and are mapped to the functions of the game.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

FS22 Bugtracker
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

I did what you said and now the controller works but now the problem is that the triggers doesn't work and some buttons do the function of other buttons I mean for example when I hit Y button it does the function of LB and X does the function of BACK button, LB does the function of START button and the Right analog does the function of the LT and RT triggers idk what's going on..
I'm sorry for bothering you guys.
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

At least FS22 accepts your controller now as a gamepad. Now you have to figure out your button mapping.

After a controller firmware update (could only be performed with Windows, not with MacOS) about a year ago I had to remap some of the buttons.
My XboxOneSController.xml file is based on the ..../FarmingSimulator2022/inputDevices/XboxOneWiredController.xml file

what does your log.txt say about the controller now? How many buttons and axes?

Maybe you can try this, copy & paste XboxOneWiredController.xml to the ..../FarmingSimulator2022/inputDevicesManual folder.
rename it to e.g. XboxOneWiredController2.xml and add this line:

<productKey productId="0B20" vendorId="045E" /> <!-- Xbox One wireless -->

in the productKey section of this xml file

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

I did and it's same.
In the log file it says my controller name is "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller" so I had to rename it in the line that you sent and in the log it says that it has 4 axes and 20 buttons.
The log is like this:
Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller (VID: 0B20 PID: 045E VER: FFFF Cat: GAMEPAD)
Number of Axes: 4
Number of Buttons: 20
XiniX

Post by XiniX »

I don't know why your controller have 20 buttons according to your log.txt.

As far as I know a xbox wireless controller has 17 buttons:

LT, RT
LB, RB
LSB, RSB (Stick Button)
X, Y, B, A
X-guide, menu, view
Dpad (up, down, left, right)

https://camo.githubusercontent.com/537d ... 612e706e67

The above is probably the reason why your button mapping is not correct with the xml files mentioned in this thread.

Log.txt, how to post?
Images, how to post?
general farmer

Post by general farmer »

idk too it's weird..
but anyways it's okay thank you both guys you did your best I really appreciate it and I can't thank you both enough, at least I learned something through this.
stay safe and well!!!