Expected yield

Beanbrother

Expected yield

Post by Beanbrother »

I am in a field that I have planted soybeans in and I should have a yield potential of 89% but all I have is 80%. PH value is exactly at the top end and obviously I don’t need any nitrogen with soybeans. All that’s missing is I haven’t rolled it. I guess I did not mulch, but I never do that anyways. How am I missing 9%?
Rolling is 2% correct????
Weeds have been sprayed as well
Bocephus80

Re: Expected yield

Post by Bocephus80 »

I believe you lose 5% due to spraying mature weeds. Better than 15% for not killing off the weedsat all. I believe if you spray herbicide right after planting before the crop comes up they do not doc you 5%
PS4Pro
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I didn’t think it was that much loss for weeds.
So that 5% and the 2% loss for not rolling and 2 %for not mulching. That gets us to 9%
Are those the right losses??
Next time I’ll have to plow a field before planting that will eliminate all weeds and see what the deduction would be
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

It’s the weeds. I actually sent a video to Giants about the weeds. They’ve never replied. So in order to get max yield you must do all field work (mulching, rolling, plowing if needed) and use a weeder. Then you must cheat the game and go over the field with a Spot Sprayer weeder to get your Environmental Score back up. Since there aren’t any weeds, you won’t use herbicide, but your ES will go back up after covering around 90% of the field.
Swe_Marine

Post by Swe_Marine »

I thought mulching didnt do anything in PF, have there been an update? I’ve never gotten 125% on any loam field. 🤷🏼‍♂️
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

The mulching and rolling was fixed a while back in an update. Should be able to max yield with only a little fudging. All field prep, a layer of organic fertilizer, direct drilling, plow only when told, crop sensor chemical fertilizer, and cheat the weeds. As soon as seed is planted run a mechanical weeder. The next growth stage hit the field with the sprayer. Max yield and max score.