Urjanvaara

chh997

Urjanvaara

Post by chh997 »

I've been waiting for Finnish map on consoles way too long and I love this map. Finnish gas stations, stores, roadmarkings etc. are awesome and finally someone made ditches besides the roads and fields. 😂 Hopefully we'll see more of these in the future.

I have only two dislikes in this map that I've found so far.

1. Players should be able to sell the buildings from pre set farms. For example farmhouses on those farms doesn't have sleep triggers so every building is basicly just decorations that get in the way of building your own farm layout.

2. Players should be able to buy every road and land on the map. For example ypu are not allowed to purchase the pre set farms and personally I like the opportunity to buy the roads so I can pass time in winter time plowing those roads and maybe customize those for my liking.

These are of course just my opinions, and they are not by any means deal breakers. Overall I love this map.

Great job!
pedrodefig

Re: Urjanvaara

Post by pedrodefig »

Yes I am enjoying the map too. Did you see todays mods?

Urjanvaara + Komatsu / Valmet 911.4 ! Great week!
SP24699

Post by SP24699 »

Thank you for the feedback!

The map was designed with "Start from Scratch" in mind, and "New Farmer" mode was more or less neglected. The next update, which will release after the two week ModHub "grace period", will give "New Player" mode some inherited forest patches and a pickup truck that in total equal the starting capital of "Start from Scratch". Saves won't be broken.

Concerning the pre-set buildings, I will add the ability to sell the two gray sheds near the career start point. Those pre-set farms however, act as important locations for map functions, such as selling goods or buying animals, and won't be for sale. Not that the stubborness of farmers Metsola and Kaukovaara would allow selling anyway.

Starting without a farm is of course not for everyone, and it shouldn't be. However, I heard there was need for a multiplayer map in which competing players would build their farms in different locations from ground up, and that is what the map is intended to serve.

Wishing you a fortunate february
SP24699
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

Not sure if it's just me but ....the sell price for wood was under $200l along with other crops not matching normal prices
SP24699

Post by SP24699 »

Replying to Decriptus

Some sell prices have indeed been adjusted with the power of Excel sheets, as the mod description mentions an economy in which more than just few product chain are worth the effort.

On the other hand, while the price catalogue entry for a cubic metre of logs displays a real life value of 73 € (on hard economy), it does not affect the actual sell price of logs. This is due to the way the game calculates the value of logs based on factors such as length and shape.

TLDR: The sell price for logs on Urjanvaara is the same as in vanilla game.

SP24699
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Great Map indeed. Finally Finnish athmosphere for consoles too. Fields with ditches like there is on real.
chh997

Post by chh997 »

Hi!

Adding to my first post:

Noticed today when cheking the weather info that the temperatures are way of from finnish athmosphere. For example it's showing that I'll be having +35°C on October..

SP24699, is there any way to change the temperatures to match what we really have here in Finland?
SP24699

Post by SP24699 »

Hey!

I checked, and the summer temperatures for Urjanvaara are at the moment vanilla values, ranging randomly from 15 to 30 celsius. I could adjust the maximum to 25 for the next patch, but 35 should be very unlikely even as of now.

SP24699
chh997

Post by chh997 »

SP24699 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:38 am Hey!

I checked, and the summer temperatures for Urjanvaara are at the moment vanilla values, ranging randomly from 15 to 30 celsius. I could adjust the maximum to 25 for the next patch, but 35 should be very unlikely even as of now.

SP24699
That would be great!
But yeah, yesterday it was still showing +35°C on October so I guess the snow I was getting wont stick too long 😂
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

chh997 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:04 pm I've been waiting for Finnish map on consoles way too long and I love this map. Finnish gas stations, stores, roadmarkings etc. are awesome and finally someone made ditches besides the roads and fields. 😂 Hopefully we'll see more of these in the future.
Thanks for posting or I would have completely missed this map. I am redownloading FS to give it a try. *thumbsup*
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

So after experimenting with clearing a section of forest, the ground is so uneven that it becomes a nightmare to level. I understand that this realistic, but I am bankrupting myself in the process of trying to make an area for a field. If the landscaping tools in FS worked a bit better perhaps this would be fun. As it is, I am left frustrated. I don't know... maybe I just don't have enough patience.
BitFarmer

Post by BitFarmer »

Well, after a good night's sleep, I decided to give the map another chance. It's growing on me. I really like how the forest feels like a real Finnish forest. My fields are just going to end being a bit bumpy. So be it.
SP24699

Post by SP24699 »

I'm letting you know that an update for Urjanvaara was uploaded to ModHub and is waiting to be officially tested. The update contains features such as buyable, usable and removable pre-placed farms, more land that can be bought, support for selling Platinum Expansion products (without DLC requirement), a new machine shed and various minor improvements.

Unfortunately in order to continue with your old save, you will need to make some edits to the placeables.xml file of your save. Detailed instructions will be in the changelog. The reason for this is that many buildings that were a static part of the map are now usable placeables, and won't be present unless added to the xml file. However, I do not know if this is possible to do on consoles.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

SP24699 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:45 am However, I do not know if this is possible to do on consoles.
Possibly doubt it to do so on console unfortunately.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Ragman

Post by Ragman »

SP24699 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:45 am I'm letting you know that an update for Urjanvaara was uploaded to ModHub and is waiting to be officially tested. The update contains features such as buyable, usable and removable pre-placed farms, more land that can be bought, support for selling Platinum Expansion products (without DLC requirement), a new machine shed and various minor improvements.

Unfortunately in order to continue with your old save, you will need to make some edits to the placeables.xml file of your save. Detailed instructions will be in the changelog. The reason for this is that many buildings that were a static part of the map are now usable placeables, and won't be present unless added to the xml file. However, I do not know if this is possible to do on consoles.
As an Finn I would love that you add those machine sheds etc farm buildings as working buildings.
Love this map but cant find proper looking buildings for it.