No Installation File or Folder on Mac

wiggersjoelt

No Installation File or Folder on Mac

Post by wiggersjoelt »

Hello,

I'm trying to install farming simulator 22 on my Mac computer. I download the dmg file and mount the disc image. When I do that, it opens up a folder where I can launch the farming simulator 22 game. There is no installation file, or at least I can't find any folder. I'm wondering how I can install mods for it if there's no application folder. I looked online and it says that I should be able to install mods the /library/application support/farmingsimulator22/mods folder. However, There iis no farmingsimulator22 folder in the /application support folder. Where is it at or how do I install fs22 onto the hard drive of my mac?

Thanks,

Joel W
don_apple

Re: No Installation File or Folder on Mac

Post by don_apple »

In order to install the game all you need to do is to move the "Farming Simulator 22" app from the disc image to the "Applications" folder on the local hard drive of your Mac, and then start it from there. This should then prompt you for the activation key, and when this has been entered and accepted then the game should create the FarmingSimulator2022 folder in the "Library/Application Support" folder inside the home directory of the user you are running the game from.

In case you don't see the "Library" folder in your users home directory, please check out the following page: https://nektony.com/blog/how-to-get-to-library-on-mac
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
wiggersjoelt

Post by wiggersjoelt »

Okay, I tried to do everything you said. I opened the dmg file and when's its opened, I see two icons. One is the icon of the executable Farming Simulator 22 game. The other is a folder that says Application on it. I copied the executable file that was inside the dmg file and pasted it in the Applications folder like you said. Then I double clicked on the file. It opens p with what looks like an installation procedure going on. After a bit, it loads the executable file and launches Farming Simulator 22. There is no request to activate or anything like that, it just starts Farming Simulator. It doesn't create a mods folder or any other folders either.

The other icon is a folder called Applications. I copied and pasted that into the applications folder and when I open that folder, the only thing it does is takes me back to the Applications folder.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Joel W
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

wiggersjoelt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 am Okay, I tried to do everything you said. I opened the dmg file and when's its opened, I see two icons. One is the icon of the executable Farming Simulator 22 game. The other is a folder that says Application on it. I copied the executable file that was inside the dmg file and pasted it in the Applications folder like you said. Then I double clicked on the file. It opens p with what looks like an installation procedure going on. After a bit, it loads the executable file and launches Farming Simulator 22. There is no request to activate or anything like that, it just starts Farming Simulator. It doesn't create a mods folder or any other folders either.
When you start the Farming Simulator 22 app, are you able to install mods using the "Downloadable Content" menu that is shown in the main menu of the game?

And also if you start a new career can you activate the mods that you have downloaded via the "Downloadable Content" menu?

If answers to both questions are "Yes" then all the necessary folders have been created, and I'm guessing you are looking at the wrong location to find the FarmingSimulator2022 folder that contains the mods folder and other user specific files of the game. As mentioned in my previous post you need to look in the Library/Application Support folder in the home directory of the user as which you are logged into the Mac (the home directory is the one which is marked with the little "house" symbol and the name of your user where you can see the "Documents", "Music", "Movies", etc. folders). Please have a look at the following post for more information on the right location to look for this folder: viewtopic.php?t=174977

And as mentioned in my previous post please check the instructions in the link I've mentioned in case the Library folder is not visible in your users home directory.

wiggersjoelt wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:59 am The other icon is a folder called Applications. I copied and pasted that into the applications folder and when I open that folder, the only thing it does is takes me back to the Applications folder.
You don't need to move this "Applications" icon into your Applications folder! Please delete it from the Applications folder.

The only purpose of it is to make it easier to copy the "Farming Simulator 22" app in the right location, because as you already found out that "Applications" icon is just an alias for the Applications folder. So to move the "Farming Simulator 22" app to the Applications folder you can simply drop the icon on the "Applications" icon on the disc image.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
wiggersjoelt

Post by wiggersjoelt »

Okay, I was able to figure out how to get Farming Simulator 22 into the Application folder. I moved the file from within the mounted dmg file. It ran an update and then Farming Simulator started. I'm able to download mods from within Farming Simulator and all the mods activate when choosing a career and starting it. However, I can't find a mods folder anywhere. I've check the /Library/Application Support and I see the farming simulator icon there. If I click open, it opens the game. If I right click I see some different options. One of the options is "View Package Contents". If I click that, it takes me into Farming Simulator and then I can double click the "Contents" folder from there. However, I don't see any mods folder. I've searched everywhere I can see. I've search the users and the current username folder but that gets me nowhere. I must be doing something wrong. However, the game runs correctly. I'm just not able to install mods externally.

Thanks,

Joel W
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Open the Go menu in Finder, hold down the Option (Alt) key on your keyboard and click on Library when it appears.

You are now in the correct Library folder. Navigate to Application Support and drag the FarmingSimulator2022 folder to the left side of your Finder window for easy one-click access in the future.

Within this folder you’ll find the mods, save games, settings, etc.