Community managers

Burekcina

Community managers

Post by Burekcina »

Can someone please tell me why do Giants have 3 or more community managers if they never engage with the community?

It says they should be active on forums and other social channels but haven't seen anyone here actively communicating EVER! Unless they have something to sell...and that is marketing, not manageing the community.
Lazarus99

Re: Community managers

Post by Lazarus99 »

Say something nasty about them and I bet you'll find them pretty quick...
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Good one, true one. But banning some angry player from the forum isn't really engaging with the community in my opinion.

Maybe...if they were passionate about the game and farming they would be helpful and frequently answer to problems and queries, like many of regular members here do. Seems like it's just a job for them...do the least you can to pass the bar.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There's a few on the German section. But most of the English speaking ones have Thier own pages where they have large followings, FS club for one
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Fs club is a fan made fb page. There are 3 community manager afaik. Lisertan, Chaki and Kermit. They update the mod list occasionally, mod the discord and record the podcasts. They are not active on the forums though. They are pretty absent in the community if you ask me which is funny cuz their main purpose is to be active in the community. Oh yes and they do fsl stuff that nobody cares about almost forgot that one.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

What are the community managers supposed to do?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

probably on the youtubes since that is where a lot of where the community went in 2017 and beyond. I hear Kermit getting replied to in some live streams. Think about it from a macro level and not a micro level. If the bulk of your community is in the town hall but you set up in the school gym, how long will your community follow you?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Yeah these days companies have Instagram, tik tok, Snapchat ,WhatsApp etc
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Thy are more than happy to interact on here when it's time to promote or sell something.
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

JDMFarms wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:24 pm probably on the youtubes since that is where a lot of where the community went in 2017 and beyond. I hear Kermit getting replied to in some live streams. Think about it from a macro level and not a micro level. If the bulk of your community is in the town hall but you set up in the school gym, how long will your community follow you?
I hear you for sure, but if your company has its own meeting room, why would you do business in seven different restaurants spread across the town?
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Urinal2001 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:39 pm
JDMFarms wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:24 pm probably on the youtubes since that is where a lot of where the community went in 2017 and beyond. I hear Kermit getting replied to in some live streams. Think about it from a macro level and not a micro level. If the bulk of your community is in the town hall but you set up in the school gym, how long will your community follow you?
I hear you for sure, but if your company has its own meeting room, why would you do business in seven different restaurants spread across the town?
Ever hear the term "off-site?" That is a growing method for buisness dev. Lots of fancy board rooms collecting dust these days or getting used by other agencies (internal/external) while the owner is conducting off sites.
JDMFarms

Post by JDMFarms »

Burekcina wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:31 pm Can someone please tell me why do Giants have 3 or more community managers if they never engage with the community?

It says they should be active on forums and other social channels but haven't seen anyone here actively communicating EVER! Unless they have something to sell...and that is marketing, not manageing the community.

As a former forum Moderator, I just assumed community mgr was the forum's default title for god rights to the forum while moderators had fewer rights but admin had ultra god rights. i do know forum owners can change the titles and descriptions so there is that too.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

...... Or when they do communicate with you it's to tell you that you are on thin ice and fail to realize that you're smiling holding a chainsaw
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

The way some people are talking in here it's no wonder they feel like they only see the Community people when they're doing some moderating.
Criticism isn't a bad thing, as long as it's constructive. Most of the posts in here aren't.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

You have to be kidding me right? Too funny!!!!!!