PF and grass

RunsLikeADeere

PF and grass

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Hi folks!

Maybe a silly question but I can’t find the answer here quickly. If I mow grass with PF activated, does it rot when it’s raining like with seasons 19 or is there not rotting in 22 (with seasons and PF on).

Thanks!
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
Latokulma

Re: PF and grass

Post by Latokulma »

Hi, there is no rotting in FS22.
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

Latokulma wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:24 pm Hi, there is no rotting in FS22.
Thx
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Seasons was so much better (and difficult) in FS19! Kind of miss it
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

pedrodefig wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:50 pm Seasons was so much better (and difficult) in FS19! Kind of miss it
Me too! So much more realism feel…
Hay or rotting is just one of them. Not to mention crop moisture 😢
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I miss the moisture model and the windrows diminishing and rotting away. I was never a fan of bales rotting, because that's one of the reasons you bale hay and straw.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Thank you Giants company, for making such a realistic Seasons in FS22.
Keep up the good work.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Something else to consider when using PF and grass, the grassland rollers don’t do anything. At least not in my experience. If the grass is on a field, using a mulcher is the way to go. Grass will go from harvested to growing immediately. Lime it, fertilize it, and off you go.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

bojanh66 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:04 pm Thank you Giants company, for making such a realistic Seasons in FS22.
Keep up the good work.
You must be joking...Giants, realistic and good work don't really go well together...
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yea it was a sarcasm ofc, they did a very bad job with many things in FS22...modders can do a much better job than Giants in many aspects of this game.
Dim67

Post by Dim67 »

LittleWatt wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:38 pm Something else to consider when using PF and grass, the grassland rollers don’t do anything. At least not in my experience. If the grass is on a field, using a mulcher is the way to go. Grass will go from harvested to growing immediately. Lime it, fertilize it, and off you go.
Oh really? Interesting, I'm gonna have to test this cause Giants clearly says you need to roll your grassland for better yield.
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

If it’s on a field where you grow crops, using a grass roller does nothing. It’ll change to a wet texture like fertilizer but it won’t fertilize. Mulching resets the growth stage as well. You can go from harvested to growing in the same hour. You could get 4-5 cuts a year if you mulch in the same day as harvesting and aren’t opposed to a November cut.

PF yield isn’t impacted by grass rollers. As those rollers are for meadow grass or not with PF. If you cut grass around the shop, then a grass roller might matter.
Lazarus99

Post by Lazarus99 »

So wait, is the mulching thing a cheat to get it to grow faster? It's been so long since I've done any grass work in game lol
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

pedrodefig wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:50 pm Seasons was so much better (and difficult) in FS19! Kind of miss it
Also was easy for animal related trophies/achievements too. (If set to 3 day seasons) Without Seasons 19 It would've taken a long time to get those.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

Lazarus99 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:58 am So wait, is the mulching thing a cheat to get it to grow faster? It's been so long since I've done any grass work in game lol
Well, I suppose that’s relative. The game rewards you for mulching. If it’s set up so it resets the growth stage, I would argue it’s game mechanics. Precision Farming has some major flaws that aren’t being addressed. It’s possible the mulching/grass connection could be another flaw.

If I recall, mulching also resets poplars and sugarcane on maps that allows those crops to be plant once and they regrow. It’s actually like grapes. With grapes, pruning resets the growth. Now they won’t actually grow until March, but you can apply fertilizer immediately after pruning. Then March is open for stage two fertilizer or mulching.