Landscaping tools need an confirmation button

Helazak

Re: Landscaping tools need an confirmation button

Post by Helazak »

I need some more landscaping help.

Topic 1: Land next to roads. When I am leveling out the land next to a road the smoothing tool has a tendency to reduce the dirt next to a road and create a lip that can be hard to drive over. I end up adding dirt to fill and then try to level but I cant seem to convince the tool that its the road that I want as the reference level and to make the dirt level with it. I and up having to do small scale add and remove which is quite time consuming. Suggestions?

Topic 2: Small markers that show up on both views. After doing a bunch of landscaping, I have been using courseplay custom fields with "create new field' turned on with my Spade Attachment to recreate my new field. Recording a custom field by driving it causes borders that tend to not be very straight. I like the map view version where you drop points, but it is hard to be sure exactly where you are dropping your markers. Is there an item that I can put in the corners of my field that will show up on the map view so I can place the markers in the right spot? I have tried to use vehicles but I was hoping for something smaller so I can place the marker right where I want it. Suggestions?
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Topic 1: In my experience if you're trying to level something you have to have a larger portion of the brush area on the reference ground or what you're trying to level to. Then you can try the same thing with smoothing.
Topic 2 : I find that actually working the border of the field then generating a course while parked on the worked area is easier than trying to draw a field in the custom field screen. Or you could draw your field then go back and manually straighten any edges you want to
Playing on PC and PS4
Helazak

Post by Helazak »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:40 pm Topic 1: In my experience if you're trying to level something you have to have a larger portion of the brush area on the reference ground or what you're trying to level to. Then you can try the same thing with smoothing.
Ok, but when I place the brush area on the road it disappears.
FS22 on PC, FS14, FS16, FS20 on iPhone Not a gamer. Most gamer jargon goes over my head.
Started playing for the education about farming.

Amateur (noob) Farmer 5 mostly forested acres
Tractor: Kubota M4900 (54HP), w/ Loader bucket and forks
Attachments: log splitter, Chipper/shredder, finish mower, scrape blade, rock rake, double moldboard plow, rototiller, Garden Bedder