Hinterland water

Ifibe

Hinterland water

Post by Ifibe »

A bug maybe? Can't get water out of the lakes or river or am I missing something?
Sneaks

Re: Hinterland water

Post by Sneaks »

free water at this place

Playing TVTOF
playing on a Good Old PS4
OmaTana

Post by OmaTana »

Ifibe wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:42 am A bug maybe? Can't get water out of the lakes or river or am I missing something?
This is a sad side effect of the water to work on this do-it-yourself map.

The water surface on the hinterland stretches across the entire map, like a kind of groundwater layer.
This allows you to create rivers and lakes anywhere using the construction menu.
In order for this to be possible, the water surface has no collision. So you can't swim, you wade through the water when you go swimming. If you squat down, you can also dive.
Unfortunately, you can't fill up with water in this water either. Instead, there is a buying station in the construction menu where you can fill up with water for free. You can find this buying station under Buildings - Containers.
Meine Mods
Mod-Support Thread
Aktuell gespielte Karten: Neu-Minibrunn, Silverrun Forest, St. Kalle, Haut Beyleron
Mods: relativ vanilla, Modhub-Mods und eigene
Spielgerät: PC
OmaTana

Post by OmaTana »

Sneaks wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:22 am free water at this place

Thanx :-)
Meine Mods
Mod-Support Thread
Aktuell gespielte Karten: Neu-Minibrunn, Silverrun Forest, St. Kalle, Haut Beyleron
LittleWatt

Post by LittleWatt »

I think there’s a cotton selling issue as well. Unless it’s meant to be that way. I think I recall Farmer Klein mentioning it in his review.
OmaTana

Post by OmaTana »

LittleWatt wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:26 pm I think there’s a cotton selling issue as well. Unless it’s meant to be that way. I think I recall Farmer Klein mentioning it in his review.
Yes, this is a mistake.
I will add the possiblity to sell cotton when I make an update.
Meine Mods
Mod-Support Thread
Ifibe

Post by Ifibe »

Thank you I knew it must be something I was doing wrong.
Ifibe

Post by Ifibe »

I just saw MrSealyP's map review and it brought up all the extra help you had put into the help interface. To be honest so few modders use this I did not even think to look there but must say I wish more would as there are a number of unique things now starting to try out about the map.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I play console. I was disappointed not to be able to play Rennebu on console, but find Hinterlands to be a very fine consolation prize. Thank you for this pretty and wide open map.
OmaTana

Post by OmaTana »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 am I play console. I was disappointed not to be able to play Rennebu on console, but find Hinterlands to be a very fine consolation prize. Thank you for this pretty and wide open map.
Happy that you like it :-)
Meine Mods
Mod-Support Thread
catcracker6

Post by catcracker6 »

OmaTana wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:44 pm
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:56 am I play console. I was disappointed not to be able to play Rennebu on console, but find Hinterlands to be a very fine consolation prize. Thank you for this pretty and wide open map.
Happy that you like it :-)
I am a new player to FS22. I have only played SilverRun and Elmcreek so far. But after seeing the reviews for this map, I had to start it. Beautiful. I am starting on hard economy and start from scratch. Surprised I had a sell point right off the start.
Again, a very beautiful map.

I have a noob question. I drove my little 4 wheeler around the map, checking things out at the start. I drove through the river/stream just to see what would happen, and also to explore. After, I noticed I had about 35% damage to my vehicle. Turns out it was because I had bought it used, and it already had the damage. But that made me think it would be nice for the river/stream to cause damage to vehicles if they crossed where they were not meant to be crossed. Not sure if that is possible. I like my games to be as realistic and difficult as possible. I think that idea would be unique.

Again, again, beautiful map. I hope you continue to make maps of this quality. That will be difficult for sure.
OmaTana

Post by OmaTana »

catcracker6 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:02 pm I am a new player to FS22. I have only played SilverRun and Elmcreek so far. But after seeing the reviews for this map, I had to start it. Beautiful. I am starting on hard economy and start from scratch. Surprised I had a sell point right off the start.

I have a noob question. I drove my little 4 wheeler around the map, checking things out at the start. I drove through the river/stream just to see what would happen, and also to explore. After, I noticed I had about 35% damage to my vehicle. Turns out it was because I had bought it used, and it already had the damage. But that made me think it would be nice for the river/stream to cause damage to vehicles if they crossed where they were not meant to be crossed. Not sure if that is possible. I like my games to be as realistic and difficult as possible. I think that idea would be unique.

Again, again, beautiful map. I hope you continue to make maps of this quality. That will be difficult for sure.
I'm glad, that you like my map :-)
As a modder who makes maps and mods for consoles, it is not possible for me, to build such a feature, when a vehicle drives into the water, because ist would need scripts for such a function, and scripts are not allowed on consoles.

Usually, when a vehicle drives too deep into the water, the engine stops, and you have to set the vehicle back to the store. There is no further damage, but some inconvenience, and if you are pulling a trailer with grain, the grain is lost in the process of setting back to the shop.

But as this is a do it yourself map, the water is no real ingame water, it just looks like water. That makes it possible to dig holes for lakes and rivers and to cover the existing waters with soil, if you don't want them. And you can build fences, what would not be possible, if the underlying waterplane would be real ingame water. This has some disadvantages, such as no drowning vehicles and you can't fill up your water tank at the rivers and lakes, but I find it necessary for a do it yourself map.
Meine Mods
Mod-Support Thread
catcracker6

Post by catcracker6 »

OmaTana wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:23 pm
catcracker6 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:02 pm I am a new player to FS22. I have only played SilverRun and Elmcreek so far. But after seeing the reviews for this map, I had to start it. Beautiful. I am starting on hard economy and start from scratch. Surprised I had a sell point right off the start.

I'm glad, that you like my map :-)
As a modder who makes maps and mods for consoles, it is not possible for me, to build such a feature, when a vehicle drives into the water, because ist would need scripts for such a function, and scripts are not allowed on consoles.

Usually, when a vehicle drives too deep into the water, the engine stops, and you have to set the vehicle back to the store. There is no further damage, but some inconvenience, and if you are pulling a trailer with grain, the grain is lost in the process of setting back to the shop.

But as this is a do it yourself map, the water is no real ingame water, it just looks like water. That makes it possible to dig holes for lakes and rivers and to cover the existing waters with soil, if you don't want them. And you can build fences, what would not be possible, if the underlying waterplane would be real ingame water. This has some disadvantages, such as no drowning vehicles and you can't fill up your water tank at the rivers and lakes, but I find it necessary for a do it yourself map.
All great info I never knew. Thank you.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

For filling water from the fake water you can add a fill trigger that would stretch across the map. The same way its done in american map.
OmaTana

Post by OmaTana »

strauts6 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:42 pm For filling water from the fake water you can add a fill trigger that would stretch across the map. The same way its done in american map.
And that doesn't make any problems with other triggers and such?
Meine Mods
Mod-Support Thread