A question concerning the platinum edition

mikewilson.sr

A question concerning the platinum edition

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Hi everyone!
I have a question, I recently purchased the platinum edition and installed it, Although I did have some issues and bugs that had to be worked out, Now I have it working, Now I'm curious! After Reviewing the Silver Run Map "its amazing " by the way! kudos to giants developers. Its a great map!
Its a great map for logging and forestry. Seriously!
However I think that I would like to try to use the equipment and features in other maps such as Elm creek, Oklahoma, among others.
My Question for the forum is this:
Will The Platinum Expansion work on other Mod maps?
Or is it exclusive to silver run?
Please advise me of what experiences of those whom have and use the platinum expansion, and have used it with maps that FS 22 offer
Thank you for your time, I hope you all can help me to learn what the Platinum expansion can do on other maps other then silver run
Have a great day!
Mike Wilson Sr
Last edited by mikewilson.sr on Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
olahaldor

Re: A question concerning the platinum edition

Post by olahaldor »

The DLC will generally work on all maps.
Many of the factories, even the iron mine, are placeables now after the last update, so you should be able to produce all the goods required.

I don't know other mods so much, I can only speak for my own.

I have added support for the Platinum DLC in Rennebu (PC only), the Buildings of Norway pack and my Sawmills Pack.

The support in Buildings of Norway is mandatory to make it work properly in Rennebu, and for other map makers who wish to use my buildings. :)

There will be an iron mine in Rennebu once the update goes live on modhub.
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Thank you olahaldor for your input, and your response to answering my questions, it is very much appreciated!
Also I personally thank you and all modders on Farming Simulator, you all make a great game even better plz keep up the good work, it is also very appreciated.
Have a great day
Ag Hauler

Post by Ag Hauler »

The only thing that I have found that you can't do is plant the new trees from the Platinum DLC on other maps
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Thank you AG Hauler for your comment. So the tree planter from The DLC isn't cross map compatible, it's only for silver run?
Again thank you for sharing this information with me. It is very appreciated
Have a great day!
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

mikewilson.sr wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:02 pm Thank you AG Hauler for your comment. So the tree planter from The DLC isn't cross map compatible, it's only for silver run?
Again thank you for sharing this information with me. It is very appreciated
Have a great day!
Without knowing, I would guess that the planter works fine, but the new samplings doesn't... So you could use a Volvo excavator to plant poplar :biggrin2:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

I think I need to correct you a bit, as I have found that both the new planter, and new pallets works on other maps.
Just be warned, it's way to easily to go bonkus, I ended up planting 900 and something in a small area, so I fear I'm heading into a lagfest down the line 🤣
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
mikewilson.sr

Post by mikewilson.sr »

Wow, Thank you Noraf, and thank you all that responded to my questions in the forum, and answered them, I truly appreciated your time
And the help and information you've given.
Now it's time to have some fun on the farm.
Have a wonderful day