Revert field

alehandroGr

Revert field

Post by alehandroGr »

Hi all

I'm new in the game, so pardon my "stupid" question.

I was looking around in the store and exploring the barns and other options around animals and by accident I placed a chicken farm in the middle of my main field. I removed it (sold it) but what remained back is like a hole of concrete within my field.

How do I turn it back to a normal field that I can cultivate?

Thanks
fenixguy

Re: Revert field

Post by fenixguy »

If the ground is still level and there's no hole, the easiest way is to use a plow and select "allow create fields".

You might have to use the landscaping tool to level the ground to where it was.

Pro tip: always save before messing with buildings or landscaping. If you screw up, just reload the game.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

In addition to save before starting with the construction menu, turn off autosave aswell, so you don't accidentally trigger an autosave during it.

What I do, is save first, and then do a little, and is I'm satisfied with what I have done, save again, then repeat this until I'm either done, or not pleased with the result of something, then it's just revert to last save (exit without saving, and load the save again)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
alehandroGr

Post by alehandroGr »

Thank you both! I'll try the plow. It doesn't seem that the ground is not leveled.
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

If you're on PC, you can also restore your game from the backup folder. Default location is "Documents>My Games>FarmingSimulator22>savegameBackup." It keeps several backups in this folder. Just copy and paste a folder into the parent folder and remove the timestamp in the name.
There’s no place like utopia.
alehandroGr

Post by alehandroGr »

NDDan wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:47 am If you're on PC, you can also restore your game from the backup folder. Default location is "Documents>My Games>FarmingSimulator22>savegameBackup." It keeps several backups in this folder. Just copy and paste a folder into the parent folder and remove the timestamp in the name.
If only I knew that 2 days ago...thanks for the information!